Author Topic: Season 23: Follow You, Follow Me  (Read 201 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
Season 23: Follow You, Follow Me
« on: April 04, 2021, 08:55:27 AM »
I like what they've done with the Followers.  Well, at least with Lyndon (the Scoundrel), who's the only one I've tried so far.

I'm running a Demon Hunter, and people were saying that using the Follower with the same mainstat should be the way to go now.  I like that, because I tried all three followers a few different ways back when I was first starting with D3, and ended up just going with Kormac for every character.  He's an extra meat shield, plus he heals and helps with resource regeneration.  Lyndon has the best smart-ass remarks, and Eirena is cute and I'm usually fine with a cute blonde hanging around, but when it's life or death, you can't really mess around.

I figured they wouldn't change the look in-game when you equip them with different armor and stuff, but was pleasantly surprised that you see them wielding the weapon you give them.  Lyndon has a Windforce, and it not only appears in-game but also knocks monsters back.  Angelina found a Demon Machine (shoots explosive bolts) and when she outgrew it, she gave it to Lyndon, and he was shooting explosive bolts for a while, and they were actually killing things, too.  Very cool!

The "Emanates" stuff seems to be another way to get more Nephalem powers going, so that's fun.  Didn't get a whole lot of time to play yesterday, but got Angelina to 70 and have the first four pieces, plus she had Haedrig make the Captain Crimson's set for her, so she's doing alright.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:57:12 AM by Orbert »

Melchior

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Season 23: Follow You, Follow Me
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 05:53:56 PM »
Woot woot new season!

I went with Witch Doctor this time around. Found a Broken Crown with Emanates for my follower and have had double gem drops most of the time :)

Currently around T4/T5 working on last Haedrig's Gift, just need to do Keywardens and a couple act bosses, EZPZ.

Played Softcore for a more relaxed season, surprisingly few MP games though, mostly just with clan and other friends. I still get the occasional one, so I think my port settings are good, should pickup through the week though.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 05:36:13 PM »
oh my lawd

Sage's Journey has Emanate  ;D ;D

Double Deaths Breaths forever  :D :D

syn

• Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 08:17:22 PM »
oh my lawd

Sage's Journey has Emanate  ;D ;D

Double Deaths Breaths forever  :D :D

yep. i have that, nemesis bracers, and an increased chance for keystones (cain's set bonus) on my merc. also the amulet with increased stun time, tho i hope to get flavor of time on there at some point. have emanations on the gloves and shoulders as well, but they're practically worthless. drop gold on massacre, indestructible items. wouldn't mind homing shoulders, gloves of worship, and avarice band, eventually. lots of quality of life stuff that i've often used before, at the expense of damage. nice patch.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 08:58:25 PM »
So did they hire post Peter Gabriel Genesis to hang out in the Tristram Cathedral to play a concert?

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 07:00:26 AM »
S23 in the house!

I'm digging the season so far with my wizard, but I'm taking my time. Only around p250 for me so far, hanging out in T7. I'm going to try to escape from the shadows, so if anyone wants to multiplay, feel free to grab me if I'm available.

Happy hunting out there!

Dust

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 08:59:16 AM »
So did they hire post Peter Gabriel Genesis to hang out in the Tristram Cathedral to play a concert?

What on earth? (I'm not a D3 player - is that an ultra specific burn or what?)

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 10:55:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm missing the Peter Gabriel reference, too.  ???

I didn't realize Sage's Journey would Emanate.  I have my follower decked out with Gloves of Worship, Flavor of Time, Broken Crown, and Homing Pads.  Maybe one or two more.  They're all handy, and if the stats are right, why not?  I've never been a big Homing Pads fan, but it's not just Town Portals that don't get interrupted, it's any time you have to "concentrate" that doesn't get interrupted.  Any waypoint, or when you have to click on catapults or release prisoners or whatever.  It's nice being able to do it without worrying about an arrow flying in from somewhere and interrupting you.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 07:44:25 PM »
I have found myself playing a Helltooth Zombie Charger build, just by happenstance of what items have dropped. A skill I never really used before and it isnt half bad, not top tier but fun for now.

I got the Dragon Pet and have nearly finished Slayer, just need to finish a set dungeon

Dust

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 02:41:37 AM »

Strangely, that bit I get. I know a few musicians that think Genesis was a real band before Peter Gabriel left, and something a lot worse afterward.

I'm interested to find out how that fits in D3 though :)

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 04:04:15 AM »
Primal Eye of Etlich  >:( >:( >:(

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 11:11:45 AM »
Could be worse.  I have a few characters using Eye of Etlich because of the defense against ranged attacks.  At higher levels, those spears and arrows bombarding you from offscreen can really hurt.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 01:23:15 PM »

Strangely, that bit I get. I know a few musicians that think Genesis was a real band before Peter Gabriel left, and something a lot worse afterward.

I'm interested to find out how that fits in D3 though :)

Follow You, Follow Me <-- Very famous Genesis song.  From the post PG years.  And, of course, Genesis was a better band with him in it.  They slow got worse as time went on.  I am surprised you people don't know the song in question.  It should be obvious how it fits in with this thread.

You people are bunch of philistines.   :P

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 03:25:00 PM »
Genesis was a different band with Peter and Steve.  I love a lot of the early material for sure.  But "better" is subjective.  They also did some amazing stuff as a four-piece, and later as a three-piece.

Also, I misread your post.  I basically saw "Peter Gabriel" and wondered why Peter would be playing a concert in Tristram.  The fact that "Follow You, Follow Me" is a song by a band he was in 45 years ago went right past me.  I was just trying to think of something semi-catchy and semi-familiar that had to do with followers/following.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 11:32:41 PM »
Wait, no Stash Tab as a reward this season?  The pets are cool, but I'm usually in it for the Stash Tab.