Author Topic: Diablo 2: Resurrected  (Read 295 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 2: Resurrected
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 03:06:20 AM »
Blizzard would have put Mac .. Activision though ..
i wonder what the % is for gaming on mac these days? or with the whole M1 thing how much harder it is?

Also watching a longer video with Mr LlamaSC I hear that Single Player IS definitely there.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 10:17:29 AM »
The graphics in the trailer look so cool!

Godji

• Cookies: 1
  • Hatter than the Hat Madder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 02:31:58 PM »
While it does look like it is done with great respect for the original material, I don't know if replaying it would hold up to our rose-tinted-glass memories, but it sure is doing everything it should for me to want to find that answer by myself!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 03:01:08 PM »
I think the upgrades and stuff will get a lot of us back, it will be interesting the longevity for everyone. How many get a new shiny and donít go back. How many get to an area of the game they were burnt out and remember why they stopped. Iím looking forward to it

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »
I wonder how big the shared stash is.

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 07:03:38 PM »
I think the upgrades and stuff will get a lot of us back, it will be interesting the longevity for everyone. How many get a new shiny and donít go back. How many get to an area of the game they were burnt out and remember why they stopped. Iím looking forward to it

I think you are on to something here.  I'm not sure I can slog through Act 3 again!

Still, it is surely inevitable I'll give this a try.  The Wirtadin needs to be reborn.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2021, 09:09:34 PM »
My Battle.net launcher specifically says for this "Not available on MacOS", so RIP us Mac users, especially after OS 10.15 2 years ago removed 32-bit app support, so there may never be a playable version of D2 on any Mac from late 2019 onward (without virtualization anyway).

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 03:26:37 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPRTJZHQw0&t=1019s very useful info here.

May be future other OS announcments later for MacOS, i'm guessing they want to gauge potential audience vs amount of work to do.

I enjoyed talk of bugs, that they would look over things and if things will disadvantage the player.  So if it something such as the andy quest bug will stay, but other existing bugs they didn't get around to they may look at fixing (not mentioned but I thought of the inferno bug).

You can play single player without internet connection which is great.  So for us who majority played offline single player then we can basically keep doing it, sounds like mod support, our muling programs etc but have better visuals/sound etc. 

lots of other info but hopefully someone might do a big dump of it all.

TheNix

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 04:36:15 PM »
Looking forward to the with a mild sense of trepidation; didn't stop me from signing up for the alpha testing though!!  The pre-order prices look a little steep ($AU70 - $AU90), so I'll see how the chips land before committing myself.  No ladder runewords in SP (as yet) is a bit of a bummer as well.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 05:50:48 PM »
Yes starts $75 nz but probably will be worth it

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 08:01:41 PM »
The Blizzcon vids I've seen so far make this look and sound pretty groovy.  Same game running underneath, lovely new graphics on top, a few quality-of-life improvements (I like the auto-gold-pickup and also that it's optional so old-schoolers don't scream).  Shared stash makes sense, and was justified by the fact that everyone does it anyway with mule characters, might as well make it legit and simpler.  Single Player!!  At least I'm assuming that that's what "offline play" is.  One of the vids said that you log into Battle.net (probably just to verify your license blah blah blah) but then it just runs on your PC.  Or console.

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 08:16:15 PM »
I did forget one thing, and it's actually not a small thing.  The girls are all kinda ugly now.  I know, diff'rent strokes and all that, but they all look they've been through Hell and back, and while maybe that's intentional, it's also kind of a bummer.

The original D2 girls were all hot in their own way.  I don't know if I'd consider any of these girls hot.  Yeah, that's sexist and horrible.  Sue me.

Dust

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2021, 11:42:35 PM »
Nope, I think the new ones look badass.

As a sinholic, i'm especially pleased with the update...

[edit:] I will freely admit that that exact picture of the amazon makes her look like trump, but other shots I've seen look much better
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 11:45:08 PM by Dust »

Silverthorn

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2021, 12:21:29 AM »
I'm wondering if it supports ultrawide natively. That would be great with my monitor, but OTOH gives quite a tactical advantage. D3 does support it, so I guess it's possible.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2021, 05:28:24 AM »
Yeah, the three female characters look awful, especially the amazon. Super disappointing...