Author Topic: Diablo 2: Resurrected  (Read 236 times)

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 2: Resurrected
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2021, 07:14:06 AM »
[edit:] I will freely admit that that exact picture of the amazon makes her look like trump, but other shots I've seen look much better

can't un-see that now. thanks Dust.  :o

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2021, 09:56:30 AM »
They do look badass.  That's not the problem.  The originals were also badass yet still feminine and attractive each in their own way.

I know that there are exceptions, including within our own little community here, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of D2 players are hetero males, and if the whole goal of this remastering is "visual appeal" then why not go all-in?  I'm not talking about anime-level sexiness, but I would have thought they could do better than dudes with tits.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2021, 11:06:14 AM »
The assassin disappoints a bit but meh.  Not that big a deal.  Not like we are going to see that level of detail often.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2021, 01:38:11 PM »
I wonder how purple talos armour will be and how green the shako will look hehe

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2021, 04:27:36 PM »
Shako...the condom helmet.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2021, 05:25:55 PM »
They do look badass.  That's not the problem.  The originals were also badass yet still feminine and attractive each in their own way.

I know that there are exceptions, including within our own little community here, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of D2 players are hetero males, and if the whole goal of this remastering is "visual appeal" then why not go all-in?  I'm not talking about anime-level sexiness, but I would have thought they could do better than dudes with tits.

That's exactly it: they look like men with boobs. Everything about them is masculine. And I kind of suspect they just started with the same body model for everyone, scaled them to different sizes, and then just slapped tits on the female characters.

The faces are the worst, though. Especially Trumpazon.

Dust

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2021, 06:50:01 PM »
I know that there are exceptions, including within our own little community here, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of D2 players are hetero males,

... or perhaps we're past that, and we can understand that gaming is for everyone, and that gaming audiences are far, far more diverse than they were 20 years ago?

mn4nu

• Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2021, 06:51:37 PM »
Rumor has it they put Biden's face on Malah.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2021, 08:54:38 PM »
I know that there are exceptions, including within our own little community here, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of D2 players are hetero males,

... or perhaps we're past that, and we can understand that gaming is for everyone, and that gaming audiences are far, far more diverse than they were 20 years ago?

Gaming in general yes. A 21 year old game, it will have changed but not as much.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2021, 09:03:12 PM »
we can understand that gaming is for everyone, and that gaming audiences are far, far more diverse than they were 20 years ago?

This is very, very true.

But I'm still disappointed in the ugly female characters. As a non-binary person who has quite a few female, gender-fluid, and non-binary gamer friends, I can say: almost none of us want to play ugly characters (I can think of one who does, in fact, revel in creating the ugliest characters possible in every game...). :P
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:23:10 PM by Pixie »

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2021, 04:47:43 AM »
As an ugly person I need to play characters I can relate to!

I'm seriousness though, I think the problem is not so much they don't look "sexy". It's that they barely look female. There's lots of examples of good looking females out the that don't conform to the classic sexy female body stereotype. But this is just plain bad 3d artwork.