Author Topic: Season 22: Clone Wars!  (Read 1626 times)

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Season 22: Clone Wars!
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2020, 03:34:02 PM »
I can't recall grinding so hard for one piece of gear as I have for the Band of Might. Finally broke down and consulted Google who suggested starting a lvl 1 Barb and gamble shards. Got it on my second set of shards.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2020, 08:11:45 PM »
I love when I'm grinding something for a long time, then I decide to google it, and realize that it only drops in bounties. Arghhhh!!!

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2020, 06:21:56 AM »
I can't recall grinding so hard for one piece of gear as I have for the Band of Might. Finally broke down and consulted Google who suggested starting a lvl 1 Barb and gamble shards. Got it on my second set of shards.
That Google is one smart cookie!

I love when I'm grinding something for a long time, then I decide to google it, and realize that it only drops in bounties. Arghhhh!!!
I've done something similar in the past.  I recall searching for a piece of gear to get the legendary affix for kanai's cube, only to realize (thanks Google) after spending so much time on it that it was a crafted item!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 06:25:05 AM by mn4nu »

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »
I wimped out.  The more I thought about trying to kill 20 bosses in 20 minutes (or however many it is), the more ridiculous it seemed to attempt solo.  The Siegebreaker Assault Beast alone can eat five minutes getting to him, same with Adria and Aranae, unless you happen to get them as Bounties so you get a beacon to help guide you (once you get close enough).  But you don't know that until you start the game, at which point the timer's already running while you check and see what you have.  And I hate timed events in general.

So I started a Hardcore Demon Hunter.  Figured I'd level up three Legendary Gems in Hardcore, cop the third Conquest that way.  First one died in less than 20 minutes.  Okay, a learning experience (or a re-learning experience actually).  New guy is up in his 30's now.  Taking it slow and steady, Hard mode, enjoying the journey.  Hardcore is such a different attitude to me that it almost feels like a different game.  And that's a good thing.  I forgot how different it was a few years back when I was getting bored and went Hardcore for a while.

syn

• Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2020, 03:25:14 PM »
welp. blew a fuse on a high GR. there go a pair of nice primals.

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2020, 06:27:11 PM »

Condolences. Primals are hard to lose.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2020, 09:38:43 AM »
RIP syn.  It always sucks losing the gear and gems. If I'm on and you are starting up again, let me know and I'll rush you to 70.

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2020, 10:08:31 AM »
RIP, Syn.

Man, don't sleep on necros this season. I'm a bad necro player and I've managed to clear a GR121 with time to spare. Once you have the Mask set and the simaculrum (sp?) amulet you'll be in great shape.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »

RIP. :(

My Hardcore Demon Hunter seems to be doing okay.  Legacy of Dreams was the first Legendary Gem to drop, shortly after Sin Seekers (the quiver that removes Rapid Fire channeling cost).  This was a clear sign that I should build a Rapid Fire DH, which was fine with me because I like Rapid Fire, plus it worked well with building the character as I acquire items.  Any Legendaries were fine, keep building the guy slowly, I was running around T10 before I started getting bored and noticed that I'd acquired a lot of Set Items.  Switched to UE Multishot.  Been running GR 66 lately, which is high enough to level gems up to 65 for the Conquest.  I've got three up in the 50's now, so it's just a matter of time at this point.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2020, 11:14:25 PM »
A first for me.  :)

syn

• Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2020, 07:15:24 AM »
congrats, Orbert!   8)

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2020, 10:16:44 AM »
Nice going Orbert, congratulations!  8)

I started a necro to so that I can gamble from kadala the last hardcore legendary property I need for all classes in my kanai's cube library.  I was missing Gelmindor's Marrow Guards.  I filled in all the other updated legendary powers with my other non-season characters, but I didn't have a necro to do that with.  So I got him to 70 and I rediscovered that I don't like playing necros and that is why I didn't have one in my character list in the first place.   ;D 

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2020, 03:32:58 PM »
Thanks, guys! :)

So now it's fun time.  I'm gonna level up some Gems of Ease and get cheesy with another Hardcore character.  I'm still trying to decide which.  Maybe if something nifty drops while I'm doing GRs, it'll suggest something.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »
Congrats, Orbert! I need more stash spaces. I am in non-season now. I stayed in season long enough to get the stash space. I am working on a frost orb wizard to bring back the D2 memories. It's working well so far. Running GR80 regularly trying to get ancients and primals. But it's hard to reserve spaces for other wizard builds with only 10 stashes. It's too long until the next season, so I have to figure out a way to dump ancients and sets I don't think I'll use for the characters I've already built.

Also, I need to get back to HC. I built a HC barb in last season, but since that was my first HC char, I still have to do the campaign in non-season. Trying to motivate myself to get that done.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2020, 09:11:44 PM »
Well that came together quickly.  I had a Leoric's Signet with +30% XP and figured that that plus a nice weapon with a Gem of Ease in it would be a nice boost for just about anyone.  I figured by time I ran ten GR's (empowered, get two Gems of Ease up to 25) I'd hopefully stumble upon a nice weapon for something other than a Demon Hunter, and I'd just go with that.  Cast my fate to the wind.

I leveled the first one up to 25 and applied it to the ring.  Then I leveled another up to 25, and that whole time, not a single Legendary/Set weapon dropped for anything other than a Demon Hunter.  :(  Fine, we'll do this the hard way.  I had Haedrig make a bunch of Level 70 Yellow Two-Handed Swords, and I went and upgraded them.  One was an Ancient Grandfather with not-bad stats!  Since Demon Hunters can't wield two-handed swords, they all rolled with Strength or Intelligence.  The Ancient Grandfather rolled with Intelligence.

Between Necromancers, Witch Doctors, and Wizards, I like Wizards best, and females are cuter than males.  MingNa was born (after Ming-Na Wen, but you can't use hyphens).

After I got her up to 30 or so (which took moments), I remembered that I could use Cube powers.  There wasn't a single Weapon power in the Cube that she could use, but I figured I'd gamble a wand or if I ended up with a bunch of Yellows, just upgrade one.  Gambled a Serpent Sparker (one extra Hydra) and cubed the power.  It's like the D3 Gods were dead-set on me playing a Hydra Wizard.  So that's what I'm doing.

She made 70 and is currently Torment 2, using some Aughild's armor and some Captain Crimson's, with a RROG in the Cube.  So far, so good.  Wizards wield a two-handed sword look silly when they cast Magic Missile.  It looks like she's swinging the sword like a baseball bat to cast the spell.