Author Topic: Season 22: Clone Wars!  (Read 1672 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
Season 22: Clone Wars!
« on: November 25, 2020, 10:29:26 AM »
Hey, them Shadow Clones do some crazy damage, eh?  That is, when they're not just standing around watching you.

I like the extra cube slot.

Nice, making all the newer sets the Gifts this time.  But since they don't have Set Dungeons, you have to complete another set before you can do the Conquest.  Smart.

I started a Barbarian, was gonna name her Barbarella, but in a fit of laziness I just went with Jane (Fonda, duh -- Fonduh!)  She did her GR 70 last night and got some silly bracers for her Primal.  I recycled them.  Finished collecting the IK set this morning, so I'll probably try to Set Dungeon later.

syn

• Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: Season 22: Clone Wars!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »
started a WD since i'd never used the mundunugu set that's the reward this cycle. powerful once you get the useful weapons. just got the lvl70 primal and it happened to be the set helm, lol. i usually try to get the seasonal cosmetic rewards, so will probably work towards that even though the new pet is ugly.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 07:29:53 PM »
I went DH again, because the set was GOD, and I used that last season. It seems even more fun an OP this season. I'm just shooting for the extra stash space and then I'll switch back to non-season. I was out of town for the holiday, so hopefully tomorrow I'll master the set dungeon. Last season, I did the Marauders for DH, and I have the pieces already, so I'll build that tomorrow then run until I master the set dungeon. After that, just need to get the multiple sets for GR55, and that should finish it.

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 02:19:22 PM »
Started a Wizard cause I wanted to see how they had altered the Hydra build. It was a move away from a channeling build but to be honest, it was powerful enough that you really didn't have to channel to do T16, just throw out a couple of Frost Hydras and keep running or stop to pick up loot.

Anyway, the build seems more powerful now, although you have to do more work to get it, not onerous or anything but extra steps. It does feel more wizardly, in that you're casting and avoiding, casting and avoiding, instead of sitting still and channeling and I like it.

And then I started a Demon Hunter because they just feel so amazing these days.

Haven't even began thinking about the ridiculous set dungeons. 

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 03:48:11 PM »
Haven't even began thinking about the ridiculous set dungeons.

was pondering which conquests to do for guardian this season, and am worried the 8 dungeon conquest might be necessary. i've never done either the speed act or the boss conquest; both of those seem geared for MP rather than SP. maybe speed racer/sprinter would be doable SP with an angry chicken WD? no idea.

LORD NIKON

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 02:10:31 PM »
Well damn, real life keeps distracting me, but I've been actually been able to play this season! Clones seem rather balanced and well thought out, the fourth cube slot... not so much.

I chose to go with the Demon Hunter because...

...I needed the "Kill 100 000 demons" achievement.

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 07:23:37 PM »

was pondering which conquests to do for guardian this season, and am worried the 8 dungeon conquest might be necessary. i've never done either the speed act or the boss conquest; both of those seem geared for MP rather than SP. maybe speed racer/sprinter would be doable SP with an angry chicken WD? no idea.
[/quote]

I don't think either Speed Racer or Boss Mode are doable in SP. From what I've heard - and I haven't tried either personally - both are tricky even with groups of 4. Mastering 8 sets might have to be the third in SP but I have to believe Mastering 8 dungeons would take some time also.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 08:45:51 PM »
Boss mode is doable solo.  I've done it before.  Chicken Doc I think is what I used.  Do the bosses with long animations first.  If they are taking too long, stop and try again.  Once you get those bosses out of the way, the rest is easy.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:47:36 PM by mn4nu »

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »
Got my Stash Tab last night, and probably won't be going on to Guardian, so that's my Season Journey for this season.  Maybe I'll change my mind later, but with the holidays coming up and my daughter home from school, there are other priorities.

I know the pros like to rag on D3, but I've always liked how they at least try to make it interesting for players of all levels.  Only a few years ago, I regarded Conquests and going for the extra Stash Tab as something that only the "serious" players go for.  Something that regular guys like me would really have to bust ass to get.  That changed a few seasons back, when they added the Legacy of Dreams gem and made The Thrill a Conquest.  Rapid Fire has always been one of my favorite skills (love that machine-gun sound!) so I already had a DH with the build, and someone here mentioned that the IK Set Dungeon was pretty easy, and that also turned out to be true.  This is coming from someone who generally hates Set Dungeons.  Anyway, that was a pretty easy Stash Tab.  So that became a thing the past couple of seasons.  Kinda disappointed that they changed them this season, but it makes sense.  Years of War and On a Good Day were both pretty basic.

So apparently I'm a "serious" player?  Nah.  I just don't have a life, especially with COVID-19 and staying home all the time anyway.  I'm not sure what the point of this is, but hey, maybe I'll try Boss Mode sometime.  It's good to have goals.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 03:07:02 PM »
Give Boss Mode a try Orbert!  I think you could do it with a DH too spamming vault.  There used to be a couple of different builds that could do it solo.  Just gotta plan it out!

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 05:51:10 PM »
I'll think about it.  I hate planning things out.  I mean, some forethought is required for most things, but literally working out the order of things I have to do within a certain amount of time, possibly (probably) going through the whole sequence multiple times and failing before eventually (possibly) succeeding just sounds like notfun.  I know, it's not that much different from, say, doing a set dungeon, except it's more involved and a greater time investment.  And I hate set dungeons.

But I'll think about it.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 06:31:40 PM »
LOL, sorry Orbert, I don't want to put any pressure on you.  If it isn't for you, screw it!!!

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 06:58:15 PM »
just got world's apart (hc boss mode) in ~18:20 with my mundunugu WD.   8)

did a dry run with the build i'd been using and finished at ~22m, so made a number of modifications to boost movement speed and got it on the next try. had much better luck on some of the longer maps on the 2nd try as well. don't know which helped more.

don't worry about the order, orb. gotta do them all anyway!

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 09:53:12 PM »
took the same build into the campaign to see if i had any chance of doing that solo. WAY behind where i needed to be at the end of act1 and zero interest in trying that again. will start a second class for the 6 set 55GR instead.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 10:19:29 AM »
Congrats on getting that conquest syn!