Author Topic: Season 21: Trials of Distraction  (Read 408 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Season 21: Trials of Distraction
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2020, 09:47:40 AM »
Three chests to go, I started thinking about logistics.  Stashing them all for now hasn't been a problem.  During Seasons, I tend to only keep stuff I know I'll be using on a build this season, or a Primal I need or have been thinking about using in a build some time.

Anyway, I looked and there are 30 spaces in your Inventory.  Three rows of ten.  You need to open 31 chests without moving, because if you start moving, you start picking them up.  Maybe you have to grab the last out of the Stash and pop it open really quick.  I have more research to do.

Worst case scenario: I just do it with Boon of the Hoarder after all.  I eventually would've run all these Bounties anyway.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2020, 09:53:14 AM »
Speaking of Primals, my WhirlyBarb found this little beauty the other day:

I've always used the Bul-Kathos swords for Whirling, but I saw something recently about this set, which in my mind is "the other set".  I can never remember the names.  More research.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2020, 05:03:32 PM »
Nice drop! According to the whirlybarb build on icy veins, that has all the right rolls too. I'd love to have that for a whirlybarb, if I was using Istvan's. I usually use the Bul-Kathos, but that would probably convince me to go the other way.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2020, 10:34:54 PM »
30 Large Chests, ready to go, plus one more in the Stash.  I like how you get that "optical illusion" where it looks like the lines are slanted, but they're not.

And then...

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2020, 08:39:50 AM »
So that was different.  In addition to all the gold, there were the crafting materials, Blood Shards, and enough shinies to fill my inventory three of four times while I took every single one of them over to Haedrig for recycling.  The Blood Shards also maxxed me out three or four times.  I think I got some decent shoulders for one of my characters.

All in all, it was more out of laziness than anything else.  I run Bounties anyway, might as well get something else out of it.  Next time I'll probably just do the Boon of the Hoarder method, but this was interesting.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2020, 05:45:18 PM »
I figured I'd try out the new Necromancer set with Bone Spear.  Pretty fun.  I had a Necro up to T13 or so running SkellyMages, so I just converted her.  Started at T13, and it was pretty easy, so I moved it up to T15, and finally figured what the hell and went T16.  Kinda squishy, but doable.  So now she's trying to get some better gear.  Right now, only her belt and shoulders are Ancient, everything else is pretty basic.  I'm not a big fan of the single-shot distance thing, which is why I never play the Shadow Impale DH build, but I had to at least try it out.  It's different.

So I'm up to four Seasonal characters so far, two rebirths and two I'll probably just delete after the season.  Yay for variety!

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »
Sometimes, just to be different, I stand on the other side of the wall and read Cain's Book upside-down, via telepathy.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2020, 11:26:44 AM »
Also, Tyrael stands too close to the Portal spot in Bastion's Keep.  Sometimes I click on the Portal by accident when I meant to click on Tyrael.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2020, 01:18:39 PM »
Tyrael is a little bitch.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2020, 02:18:02 PM »
 Seriously.  I've tried talking to him about it, and he just goes into his "Thank you for coming here" speech.  He's a dick.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2020, 04:26:27 PM »
His armor sucks too.