Author Topic: Season 21: Trials of Distraction  (Read 579 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Season 21: Trials of Distraction
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2020, 09:47:40 AM »
Three chests to go, I started thinking about logistics.  Stashing them all for now hasn't been a problem.  During Seasons, I tend to only keep stuff I know I'll be using on a build this season, or a Primal I need or have been thinking about using in a build some time.

Anyway, I looked and there are 30 spaces in your Inventory.  Three rows of ten.  You need to open 31 chests without moving, because if you start moving, you start picking them up.  Maybe you have to grab the last out of the Stash and pop it open really quick.  I have more research to do.

Worst case scenario: I just do it with Boon of the Hoarder after all.  I eventually would've run all these Bounties anyway.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2020, 09:53:14 AM »
Speaking of Primals, my WhirlyBarb found this little beauty the other day:

I've always used the Bul-Kathos swords for Whirling, but I saw something recently about this set, which in my mind is "the other set".  I can never remember the names.  More research.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2020, 05:03:32 PM »
Nice drop! According to the whirlybarb build on icy veins, that has all the right rolls too. I'd love to have that for a whirlybarb, if I was using Istvan's. I usually use the Bul-Kathos, but that would probably convince me to go the other way.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2020, 10:34:54 PM »
30 Large Chests, ready to go, plus one more in the Stash.  I like how you get that "optical illusion" where it looks like the lines are slanted, but they're not.

And then...

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2020, 08:39:50 AM »
So that was different.  In addition to all the gold, there were the crafting materials, Blood Shards, and enough shinies to fill my inventory three of four times while I took every single one of them over to Haedrig for recycling.  The Blood Shards also maxxed me out three or four times.  I think I got some decent shoulders for one of my characters.

All in all, it was more out of laziness than anything else.  I run Bounties anyway, might as well get something else out of it.  Next time I'll probably just do the Boon of the Hoarder method, but this was interesting.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2020, 05:45:18 PM »
I figured I'd try out the new Necromancer set with Bone Spear.  Pretty fun.  I had a Necro up to T13 or so running SkellyMages, so I just converted her.  Started at T13, and it was pretty easy, so I moved it up to T15, and finally figured what the hell and went T16.  Kinda squishy, but doable.  So now she's trying to get some better gear.  Right now, only her belt and shoulders are Ancient, everything else is pretty basic.  I'm not a big fan of the single-shot distance thing, which is why I never play the Shadow Impale DH build, but I had to at least try it out.  It's different.

So I'm up to four Seasonal characters so far, two rebirths and two I'll probably just delete after the season.  Yay for variety!

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »
Sometimes, just to be different, I stand on the other side of the wall and read Cain's Book upside-down, via telepathy.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2020, 11:26:44 AM »
Also, Tyrael stands too close to the Portal spot in Bastion's Keep.  Sometimes I click on the Portal by accident when I meant to click on Tyrael.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2020, 01:18:39 PM »
Tyrael is a little bitch.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2020, 02:18:02 PM »
 Seriously.  I've tried talking to him about it, and he just goes into his "Thank you for coming here" speech.  He's a dick.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2020, 04:26:27 PM »
His armor sucks too.

syn

• Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »
Címon. 20% damage to demons is awesome.  :P
"I know this is a big call to make but I'll just say it: Patrick Mahomes is so good he could be successful if Adam Gase coached him."

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2020, 06:14:07 PM »
Getting bored already (it seems to hit me earlier every season :(), I decided to head over to the Europe servers, where I haven't been yet this season.  Fresh start and all that.  And to shake things up a bit, a Barbarian.  I prefer the speedy builds, but it was time for some good old hack and slash.

Eventually, Ben the Barbarian got up to Level 70 and what's the first Set he completed?  Savages/Frenzy.  A speedy build.  But whatever, it's what I had, so he rolled with it.  Things were progressing nicely, and at some point he only needed to complete a Set Dungeon for the Season Journey.  By that time, he'd collected the entire IK set, so what the heck.  Yep, IK Set Dungeon is still a piece of cake.  Finished it on the first try, mastered it on the second.

A Bovine Bardiche dropped.  I wondered if it's possible to do the Avarice Conquest in Not the Cow Level.  Lots of cows, lots of drops.  I levelled my Boon of the Hoarder up to 50 and went for it.  Success!

So now I'm thinking I just need one more Conquest for the Stash Tab.  Rapid Fire DH with Legacy of Dreams worked on the Americas realm, and I was getting itchy to start a Demon Hunter anyway (my favorite class), so I figured I cheese a little bit.  I have an Ancient Leoric's Crown, so I figured I'd use a Gem of Ease to remove the level requirement and stick a flawless Ruby in it.  Then I figured I'd have Haedrig make a bunch of bows, and I'd upgrade them in the Cube until I got a nice Ancient one, remove the level requirement, and start a Demon Hunter with a killer bow and ready to pick up crazy XP.

I had Haedrig make five yellow bows to start with, and on the first upgrade, got a Primary Ancient Uskang.  Okay, not my favorite bow, no special powers, but it does come with 20% to Lightning, and my favorite Rapid Fire rune is the Lightning one because it pierces.  So why not?  Salvaged the rest of the yellow bows, and started my Demon Hunter.  Her name is Nell.

It's almost too easy, once you know what you're doing.  Ben the Barbarian can rip through regular Rifts and Greater Rifts, and Bounties for that matter, so Nell had plenty of crafting materials to work with at every stage.  Pretty soon she had a pretty nice Rapid Fire build, and it didn't take much run a GR 45 and get the Stash Tab.

I don't want to bitch and whine like the guys on Reddit, but I guess I can understand it.  They've been playing so long that it takes maybe an hour before they've finished the entire Season Journey, then they complain that it's too easy and boring.  Well shit, guys, when you use every trick you know to maximize how fast you level, and you know every trick in the book, of course it's going to be easy.  The game isn't for you anymore; it's made for normal people.  You got your $20 worth out of the game a long time ago, so stop complaining about it.  If it bothers you that much, play something else.  I'm still having fun.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2020, 07:48:46 PM »
I reached the boredom point also, so I decided to start my first HC character in D3. Went with barb, because that's the comfort zone. Leveling is going slowly, but I'm actually enjoying HC. It brings something to the game, when you have to start thinking about being killed and not just accept it and reboot.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2020, 09:18:23 PM »
Even sadder when you think of it wasnít for the different realms system there would be less a replay ability!