Author Topic: Season 21: Trials of Distraction  (Read 764 times)

hurtlocker

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Season 21: Trials of Distraction
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »
I saw a youtube video where the a guy leveled a toon from 1-70 in FIVE seconds just using a boatload of gold from bounties
and having the Custerian wrist guards in the cube.  I tried it with ONE bounty bag and went from 1-50 instantly, kind of cool and saves a
huge amount of time. 

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 07:14:34 PM »
lol, neat trick. will have to remember that.

got a couple GR100s with the dreadlands set. am now messing around with the new necro set.
“You’re the President of the United States, not somebody’s crazy uncle.” Savannah Guthrie, asking DJT about QAnon on 10/15/20

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »
I'm wondering if different items have different drop rates, depending on character class.  Not class-specific things, like quivers mostly drop for Demon Hunters, phylacteries for Necromancers.  I mean "generic" items like rings or bracers that don't have any special properties tied a particular class.

I was playing my Savage Frenzy Barb, and it's all Primary skills, so naturally I'm trying to load up on things that boost Primary skills.  Depth Diggers are the pants the crank up your Primary skills, and for toughness I was thinking Wraps of Clarity.  Whenever you use a Primary skill, your damage is reduced for x seconds or something.  I gambled away thousands of Blood Shards trying to get some Wraps of Clarity, and didn't get them.  RNG is a bitch, yeah, but that seemed beyond.

So I switched to my Demon Hunter, who seems to get them pretty regularly, and figure I can reforge.  Three Wraps of Clarity in the first batch of Blood Shards.  But it's not a class-specific item, as far as I can tell.

RNG just being a bitch, or are some items "somewhat class-specific"?

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 10:06:56 AM »
Argh.  Nevermind.  It says "Demon Hunter Only" on the Wraps.  I just never saw it before, because I was using them with a Demon Hunter anyway.  I didn't realize that they're a class-specific item after all.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2020, 12:57:06 PM »
You probably want mortick’s bracers and a ring of might, instead. The bracers will give all runes for berserker which includes 50% DR. The ring is the barb version of the elusive ring.
“You’re the President of the United States, not somebody’s crazy uncle.” Savannah Guthrie, asking DJT about QAnon on 10/15/20

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2020, 08:39:31 PM »
I can't figure out this IK set dungeon. I heard it was the easiest. But I can't keep wrath of the berserker up, and I keep failing. Any tips? I'm going to go try the DH Marauders set dungeon and see if I can figure that one out.

Nevermind, I got it with Marauders. Just have to avoid the worms.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:44:12 PM by Drozz »

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2020, 10:49:30 PM »
Yay, I got guardian tonight. I started in February, and played the end of that season. Season 20, I was still trying to figure it out. This season, I am shooting for GR100, but feels good to get guardian. I thought I would have to spend much more time working on that. I think the season conquests were easier than last season. I still miss D2....

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2020, 07:11:58 AM »
I can't figure out this IK set dungeon. I heard it was the easiest. But I can't keep wrath of the berserker up, and I keep failing. Any tips? I'm going to go try the DH Marauders set dungeon and see if I can figure that one out.

Nevermind, I got it with Marauders. Just have to avoid the worms.

for IK, one of the set bonuses is reduced CD for WotB based on mana spent. try putting ancient spear/boulder toss in a skill slot; burns all your mana in one hit and should generally make recasting WotB possible right off the bat. glad you got marauders, congrats on getting guardian!

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2020, 11:15:54 AM »
I saw a youtube video where the a guy leveled a toon from 1-70 in FIVE seconds just using a boatload of gold from bounties
and having the Custerian Wrist Guards in the cube.  I tried it with ONE bounty bag and went from 1-50 instantly, kind of cool and saves a
huge amount of time. 

I tried that out, just for fun.  I know that the amount of XP needed for each level goes up each time, geometrically or exponentially or something, but I've got a WhirlyBarb that can rip through Bounties pretty quickly, so I saved up ten of the Large Horadric Chests (or whatever they're called), started a new Seasonable Wizard, put the Custerian Wrist guards on her, and had her open them all.

Yep, first one kicked her immediately to Level 50.  That's such a nice round number that I wonder if somehow they planned it that way.  But the XP curve must be really steep, because after the next nine chests, she was only at Level 55.  Still, it was a nice head start.

What I usually do, once I have my first Seasonal character up to GR 70 or whenever I'm getting itchy to start another character, is get a Gem of Ease up to 25 and stick it into the biggest, baddest weapon I have.  Then I give it to my newbie character and crank it to Torment VI.  It's fun because the first couple of kills literally give you several levels each.  At that point, you have your choice of waiting until all the banners go by, or just playing through them.  Sometimes I'll head back to town and just wait it out.  Go to the bathroom or get some coffee or something.  Anyway, that's what I did with my Wizard once she got to 55 by opening chests.  She's doing the Hydra thing, but Cold this time.  It's pretty fun.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2020, 10:59:56 PM »
I decided to maybe go for a Stash Tab this time, since last time was easier than I thought it would be.  I figured I'd at least take a look.  I know that Mastering a Set Dungeon is always in there, and I've always hated Set Dungeons, but after running the Immortal King Set Dungeon last time and realizing how silly it was, I figured why not?  All I needed was to finish one to get Slayer, then I mastered it to get Champion, which is where I am now.  I'm gonna cheese out and just do 31 chests for Avarice, and Thrill should be simple with my Rapid Fire DH using Legacy of Dreams.  Yay.  Five chests so far.  I'll probably do ten more tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:01:50 PM by Orbert »

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2020, 09:24:23 AM »
I decided to maybe go for a Stash Tab this time, since last time was easier than I thought it would be.  I figured I'd at least take a look.  I know that Mastering a Set Dungeon is always in there, and I've always hated Set Dungeons, but after running the Immortal King Set Dungeon last time and realizing how silly it was, I figured why not?  All I needed was to finish one to get Slayer, then I mastered it to get Champion, which is where I am now.  I'm gonna cheese out and just do 31 chests for Avarice, and Thrill should be simple with my Rapid Fire DH using Legacy of Dreams.  Yay.  Five chests so far.  I'll probably do ten more tomorrow.

avarice is easy with several DH (or barb) builds and a maxed boon of the hoarder gem, if you'd rather go that route. go to one of the dungeons in A5 with all the scarabs and you'll get it pretty quickly. and then you can use the lvl50 gem to augment something and get that checked off the list as well.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2020, 11:48:12 AM »
Part of the problem is that I don't really understand Avarice. I thought it had to be all at once. I saw some stuff on Reddit about how you have to make sure you unequip your pet, open all the chests without moving, then scoop it all up at once. If you're running an area, obviously that's not all at once. So what is the rule?

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2020, 01:50:10 PM »
watch the gold counter in the lower right corner of the screen. i think it times out after 5 seconds? if you keep picking up gold in that time frame then it'll keep going up. once it gets to 50M, you've got the conquest. think of it like a gold version of the monster kill massacre bonus. that is why a maxed BotH with the 100% gold drop from monster kills is nice to use. the act 5 dungeons are great due to the zillion scarabs that come out of the walls. if you use a build that moves/kills fast at the same time (barb WW, dh strafe), it's really easy. i used the dreadlands set (with goldskin/goldwrap/royal ring/emerald in the helm) this season. the belt is not to be overlooked, you'll have stretches with toughness over a trillion. good to run through and open all the doors and pull all the scarabs out, then circle back to kill everything. can easily get 100M+ streaks at t13 with that. also easy with wrath of the wastes. i've used dh UE and shadow sets in the past, but it's nicer to move/kill at the same time.

edit: make sure you're comfortably safe, though. It's a partial nerf to equip most of the gold find gear and i've lost a few characters this way from being overconfident in the past. that's why i recommend the belt. but dreadlands is very strong for this.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 01:56:48 PM by syn »

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2020, 03:37:37 PM »
For me, for avarice, I got it in one shot. I equipped boon of the hoarder and didn't change anything else. I did a T14 regular rift and got 50 million with no problem. It may have been lucky to get a cemetery map, but still it went really quick. I had my pet equipped, so that shot around getting all the gold drops, as I killed things.

For the two minute rift, I had to jump in with a public group and run a few times before it happened. You need one of the wide open maps. I was killing things faster with the dreadlands set, so once I saw the boss spawn, I tp'd back to town and waited until the rest of the party killed it. Then I hit Oren when the exclamation mark showed up.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 07:45:45 PM »
Thanks, I get it now.  Yeah, I've noticed the gold counter and how it resets after a certain amount of time with no gold picked up.  I can see how Boon of the Hoarder would be a reasonably simple way to get there.  Just gotta keep picking up up gold.

I'm up to 20-something gold chests now, though, so I'm gonna carry through with the 31 chests at this point.  But I might try Boon of the Hoarder next time.