Author Topic: NFL 2020  (Read 60 times)

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
NFL 2020
« on: May 12, 2020, 09:26:52 PM »
I feel like I'm still too new to be allowed to start a new thread. lol

Since the other thread says 2017-2018, I thought it would be appropriate to start one for the new year.

The state of the league is that they are going to play like normal this year. We all know a second wave of the virus is coming, so it will be interesting to see what changes from the current state. I expect them to play the preseason games without fans. But since the regular season doesn't start until September 10th, I think they'll allow fans in the stands. Again, it will be interesting to see what limitations are placed. With MLB and other leagues around the world agreeing to play, I'm sure they'll be able to see how others do it, prior to the start of the regular season.

As usual, all the forecasters are predicting my Bears to end up around 500, so I'm hoping they have a repeat of the 2018 season and blow everyone away. Hopefully, this time, the playoffs aren't ruined because a pro kicker can't kick between the posts. Still don't have a solid kicker though. Plus, we need a quarterback. I'd like an order of Foles from the Superbowl MVP year please.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 08:23:38 AM »
This will be an ugly year for my team.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »

Good.

I am looking forward to see what Sam Darnold can do when he is not running for his life.  A general manager has finally worked on giving him some protection.  On the negative Jets still have Gase as HC.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 04:54:53 PM »

Good.

I mean... they'll still do better than the Jets. :P

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 07:09:51 PM »
I don't know about fans in the stands.  I can't see that happening until a vaccine is available.  I think they could still play games though.

I have no idea what to expect from my team (Packers).  They were 13-3 last year, but there were some games they won where they looked bad doing it.  Plus they got owned by the 49ers twice, so I don't expect them to do anything of consequence, like going to the super bowl.  They may win the division, but that's it.  I think the division will be tough because I expect the Vikings to be good, and maybe Drozz's Bears will be better, so it will be a tough season for the Packers.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 08:10:45 PM »
I just don't see the point of playing the games without fans. I understand what they're trying to do, but pro sports really don't have a purpose without fans. Maybe, they'll figure something out.

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 10:03:57 PM »

Good.

I mean... they'll still do better than the Jets. :P

wouldn't bet against that.
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon
The true mark of a successful photo op is literally everyone involved spending the next 24 hours trying to walk back their part in it happening