Author Topic: Season 20: The Season of Crazy Cubing!  (Read 399 times)

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Season 20: The Season of Crazy Cubing!
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2020, 09:10:22 PM »
Thanks, Cluck. It was just to get him to 70, so now I know the limits. It takes more runs than I thought, but we get it done.

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2020, 10:37:30 PM »
NP, some tips on reducing that time are:

A Ruby in a Leoric's Crown gives you a huge percentage bonus to XP;
A leoric's Signet Ring gives you another 20 something percent or so;
Craft a Hellfire ring which also gives another 20 percent or so.

Those are the ones I try to have equipped when I level a character to 70. They cut the time in half.

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2020, 12:06:57 PM »
Anyone check out the PTR yet? The seasonal theme needs a HUGE power boost to make it not suck. The visuals on dragon breath are cool, but that's about it.

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2020, 07:39:51 PM »
I haven't tried it yet. I'm still too new. But from what I've read on reddit, it seems buggy, so maybe the new season will be delayed.

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2020, 10:52:21 AM »
Last Season, I racked up 1000 Paragon points, which I think was a first.  First or not, I celebrated anyway, since I didn't remember if I'd done it before.

This Season, I was pushing my Monk pretty hard to finish a GR 100, which I've never done, but it's just too time-consuming.  Run Rifts, get keys, run GRs, level gems, upgrade gear, repeat, repeat, repeat.  Bleah.  It's one thing to grind if you can actually see progress, but if I spend an hour or two and my "reward" is that I now have some armor that lets me do 0.5% more damage... ugh.  It's hard to stay enthusiastic about that.  I guess that's why I call it watching numbers getting bigger.  It sometimes feels like that's all we're doing.

So anyway, my later goal was to get a character in each class up to Level 70, which turned out to be easier than I thought it would be.  Those Gems of Ease sure come in handy, don't they?  So I amended that to make them able to run at least Torment 6 (remember when that was really high?)  I upped that to T10, then finally T16.  I suppose now, I'll have to look at GR goals.

This takes us back the question which has plagued mankind since the dawn of... Diablo III.  When is a character "done"?  What is the "goal"?  In D2, you couldn't get past Level 99.  I got bored with a character long before that happened.

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2020, 08:36:11 PM »
I've only been in this since February, but I'm in a funk now waiting for the next season. I wasn't able to master a set dungeon, but I almost had the six sets up to GR 55 done. I got frustrated with not being able to master set dungeons, so I stopped the other conquest. This means no extra stash, so that is my goal for next season. Now that I have some idea of what to do, I can manage the other targets sooner and then I'll be able to spend more time figuring out conquests.

I haven't done a public game yet, but the GO clan looks pretty big. Are there any active members that would be willing to schedule some group times next season to achieve the conquests? I think that will help with my achievements as well as my interest in the game.