Author Topic: Season 20: The Season of Crazy Cubing!  (Read 798 times)

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Season 20: The Season of Crazy Cubing!
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2020, 09:10:22 PM »
Thanks, Cluck. It was just to get him to 70, so now I know the limits. It takes more runs than I thought, but we get it done.

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2020, 10:37:30 PM »
NP, some tips on reducing that time are:

A Ruby in a Leoric's Crown gives you a huge percentage bonus to XP;
A leoric's Signet Ring gives you another 20 something percent or so;
Craft a Hellfire ring which also gives another 20 percent or so.

Those are the ones I try to have equipped when I level a character to 70. They cut the time in half.

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2020, 12:06:57 PM »
Anyone check out the PTR yet? The seasonal theme needs a HUGE power boost to make it not suck. The visuals on dragon breath are cool, but that's about it.

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2020, 07:39:51 PM »
I haven't tried it yet. I'm still too new. But from what I've read on reddit, it seems buggy, so maybe the new season will be delayed.

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2020, 10:52:21 AM »
Last Season, I racked up 1000 Paragon points, which I think was a first.  First or not, I celebrated anyway, since I didn't remember if I'd done it before.

This Season, I was pushing my Monk pretty hard to finish a GR 100, which I've never done, but it's just too time-consuming.  Run Rifts, get keys, run GRs, level gems, upgrade gear, repeat, repeat, repeat.  Bleah.  It's one thing to grind if you can actually see progress, but if I spend an hour or two and my "reward" is that I now have some armor that lets me do 0.5% more damage... ugh.  It's hard to stay enthusiastic about that.  I guess that's why I call it watching numbers getting bigger.  It sometimes feels like that's all we're doing.

So anyway, my later goal was to get a character in each class up to Level 70, which turned out to be easier than I thought it would be.  Those Gems of Ease sure come in handy, don't they?  So I amended that to make them able to run at least Torment 6 (remember when that was really high?)  I upped that to T10, then finally T16.  I suppose now, I'll have to look at GR goals.

This takes us back the question which has plagued mankind since the dawn of... Diablo III.  When is a character "done"?  What is the "goal"?  In D2, you couldn't get past Level 99.  I got bored with a character long before that happened.

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2020, 08:36:11 PM »
I've only been in this since February, but I'm in a funk now waiting for the next season. I wasn't able to master a set dungeon, but I almost had the six sets up to GR 55 done. I got frustrated with not being able to master set dungeons, so I stopped the other conquest. This means no extra stash, so that is my goal for next season. Now that I have some idea of what to do, I can manage the other targets sooner and then I'll be able to spend more time figuring out conquests.

I haven't done a public game yet, but the GO clan looks pretty big. Are there any active members that would be willing to schedule some group times next season to achieve the conquests? I think that will help with my achievements as well as my interest in the game.

hurtlocker

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2020, 03:07:03 PM »
Drozz, a couple of those set dungeons are pretty easy, a bunch are near impossible. I always do the Barb IK set dungeon, its really easy.

syn

• Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2020, 11:44:36 AM »
just finished the season goals with a barb. am enjoying the new set. missing a few items i'd like to use but should be able to patch that with non-seasonal gear when the time comes.

definitely second the IK dungeon. easy even with complete garbage gear. 
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon
The true mark of a successful photo op is literally everyone involved spending the next 24 hours trying to walk back their part in it happening

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2020, 06:49:01 PM »
I have to remember that.  I hate set dungeons.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »
Just remember MN4nu once did them all.. crazy man

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2020, 08:52:20 PM »
Thanks, hurt. I'll do the IK set next season to get it over with. Haven't built the barb this season. I thought I could do the wizard vyr's set, but never could get all the kills for master. I could play with that this week and just run it over and over again, until I get the kills. I think I was ending up 20-40 short.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2020, 12:29:39 PM »
Haha, yes, that was actually fun to do!  I did them mainly to get those wings you get for completing them all.  They've made some of the really hard ones easier now.  The Uliana one was terrible, and the Shadow one was a pain in the ass too.  There were a couple of others, but I forget which ones they were.

syn

• Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2020, 01:23:57 PM »
Haha, yes, that was actually fun to do!  I did them mainly to get those wings you get for completing them all.  They've made some of the really hard ones easier now.  The Uliana one was terrible, and the Shadow one was a pain in the ass too.  There were a couple of others, but I forget which ones they were.

I didnít know you got wings for that. Is that reward still active?
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon
The true mark of a successful photo op is literally everyone involved spending the next 24 hours trying to walk back their part in it happening

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2020, 01:43:31 PM »
Wow, the IK Set Dungeon was really silly.  Mastered it on the second try.  Failed the first try right away because I didn't realize it reset my Ancients.  I got used to never having to summon them.

That gave me all the levels up to the last one, where you have to do 2 Conquests.  Since I have every class this season, I just picked a few who hadn't run a GR 55 yet.  Done.  First new Stash tab in a while, just because I haven't bothered doing Set Dungeons for so long.

Thanks for the tip!

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2020, 01:52:06 PM »

I didnít know you got wings for that. Is that reward still active?
I have no idea.  I haven't played for quite awhile.