Author Topic: Halo: Master Chief Collection on PC  (Read 144 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Halo: Master Chief Collection on PC
« on: March 03, 2020, 02:55:38 PM »
Last year Halo Reach hit PC for the first time. Today Halo 1 remastered hits with little advance warning.  The roadmap is showing 6 more coming 2020.  Halo2, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST and Halo4. 
I'm excited but waiting till at least Halo3 as I've played 1 and 2 back in the day.  I want a good run at them before I put down my money.

Microsoft is amazing and is basically the complete opposite of what they were like a bunch of years ago.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/?snr=1_4_4__118

Putting in time, effort to get a classic series of games onto more platforms, into more peoples hands who could have but didn't play in the other walled gardens.  I hope there are other companies looking at this and thinking "this is how you do it" and not to do a "Warcraft 3"

Sssith

• Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Halo: Master Chief Collection on PC
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 11:19:21 PM »
I never did play Halo and I am interested.  Is it as twitchy as Doom/Sam or is it more in the vein of Half Life?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 02:48:17 AM »
Hmm I donít really find games twitchy or not. You can try this demo (non remastered) https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-16154/Halo-PC-Demo but gives you an idea of movement plus combat. That has one single player level and even a mp level.

Run around, try the two guns at a time. Run up/melee some baddies. Throw some grenades. Notice the smaller and badder ones

And donít get put off that itís 15 plus years old.
You get a feel for it. And for just a few $ or a few $ per game you can get an updated version of that.

They are releasing them in order of the story timeline.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 07:32:51 PM »
20% off sale on now.   Currently 2 titles out, a 3rd on the way. not far off.  3 more this year.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 06:12:04 PM »
Halo 2 is out now!  I had played this before, I'll be amped when next one is out.  Its not new games, but certainly new to many who didnt' have an XBox.   There is a literal FLOOD of positive reviews.  This is the pack that keeps giving.