Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1367 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2020, 10:22:08 AM »
I can't wait until get out and about.  But it is going to still be awhile I think.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
That's good news Tim. 

syn

• Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 01:46:38 PM by syn »
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon
The true mark of a successful photo op is literally everyone involved spending the next 24 hours trying to walk back their part in it happening

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2020, 09:25:51 PM »
something a bit lighter. https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/local-government/121406391/no-pants-and-a-feather-duster--welcome-to-dunedins-revealing-council-meeting

I guess he took the "no pants" during video conferencing a little to seriously.  This guy about 15 years ago used to be one of the top men in government too ..

ugh

Also, second day of no new cases here.  But we have that large minority who are trying to ruin things for everyone here.   At least as we approach our winter current cold and flu levels are much lower than most other years.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon
The true mark of a successful photo op is literally everyone involved spending the next 24 hours trying to walk back their part in it happening

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2020, 11:32:48 AM »
Trump administration buries detailed CDC advice on reopening

White House spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany echoed the administration’s stance that states are most responsible for their own COVID-19 response: “We’ve consulted individually with states, but as I said, it’s (a) governor-led effort. It’s a state-led effort on ... which the federal government will consult. And we do so each and every day.”

almost like republicans have never accused anyone of "leading from behind", isn't it.
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2020, 06:45:32 AM »
Its not all rosy here, while our Prime Minister and some of the response gets picked up internationally, the rest of them are mostly shitty.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/opinion/121463969/are-these-the-first-signs-of-third-term-arrogance-from-a-first-term-government

"That was most evident in the emergence of a leaked memo this week in which ministers' offices were advised not to waste any time defending themselves to the media - not because they had anything much to hide but because (to paraphrase) people love us anyway, so why bother?
It's the assumption behind that advice that is so alarming; it speaks of supreme confidence at the moment that this government can do no wrong in the eyes of the public."

I've seen a lot of this in Social Media, wow Jacinda has done (lists a bunch of things in 3 years!) Isn't she awesome! and no criticism allowed against anything.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2020, 07:15:29 PM »
Our deputy prime minister is scum. "Coronavirus: Winston Peters tells migrants to 'go home', and ups ante with China"
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300011174/coronavirus-winston-peters-tells-migrants-to-go-home-and-ups-ante-with-china

Its not just that easy, we have a lot of our people around the world, forcing people to just "go home" is fucking hard right now, if you can even get a flight/afford a flight, and what do you have when you get home? some might have sold everything to move in the first place.

This guy is scum who can piss of 90% of the population, but if just over 5% vote for him .. he gets in.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2020, 03:48:10 PM »
https://trumpdeathclock.com/

This site has a mirror bill board in Times Square.

The gist is that his actions have lead to a greater death toll.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2020, 03:32:49 PM »
the real reason trump won't wear a mask.

reminds me of the buttigieg quote: "The Nature Of Grotesque Things Is That You Can't Look Away".
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 03:41:46 PM by syn »
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2020, 03:38:30 PM »
kudlow, talking about an economic recovery

“You can have your own 'V's. There’s 'V's. There are lesser 'V's," Kudlow said. “There are combos of 'U's and 'V's.”

reminds me of rumsfeld's musings about known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns. good times...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 06:24:55 PM by syn »
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2020, 04:42:51 PM »
He just never wants even a single photo of him in a mask, then they fear he will admit its actually a real thing that needs to be taken seriously.  Also it would admit that something bad happened on his watch.
Lets just hope the drug side effects of whats its name do some damage instead in the mean time.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2020, 03:35:44 PM »
Today I’m going back into the office. Train is very sparsely populated.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »
we've ended up staying open at a reduced schedule the entire time; no one in our clinic is sick as far as is known. bosses at work are in a tizzy about how to make up the lost business. i can imagine other situations/employers where i would be sympathetic to that. those reasons do not apply here. MN is still trending towards peak in July. they officially canceled the state fair last week. passed 20k confirmed cases and had the largest one day spike in ICU cases yet over the weekend. coincides with businesses beginning to open back up, go figure. several churches threatened to outright defy the governor's closure orders last week so he issued a compromise order over the weekend, loosening but trying to maintain some level of control. regrettable but maybe the best that can be done at this point. what a clusterfuck.
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2020, 06:32:02 AM »
Today overall went quite well, tried to generally keep some distance from colleagues, however if one of us gets sick we can easily communicate to all the others to quarantine and test.  Hardly anyone on the streets or train home so could easily avoid strangers.

Sucked walking up the hill in the dark.  In March when I came home daylight savings hadn't gone.  We are now under 1 month till the shortest day here.

I think we have had 4 days in a row of 0 confirmed cases.  Last week only 1 for the week.  By Friday mass gatherings of 100 allowed anywhere, but might be a few weeks before we officially drop down to the next lockdown level.

Attention is shifting to the economy here.  As the days and weeks go on, there is a stream of redundancies, business closures. We have an election scheduled for mid September.

Also lots of talk with basically no international tourists asking locals to go see more of our own country