Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 6639 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2020, 04:37:30 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/IoroHqq.mp4

You have got to be kidding me.  50,000 people got together for this event.  They then left the event to spread the message, Covid, to all their local communities.

American has truly become a land of dumb asses.  I have no words for this type of deliberate ignorance.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 05:49:42 PM by Sssith »

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2020, 04:43:40 PM »
What event is that?

Sssith

• View Profile

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2020, 05:10:16 PM »
set records in MN today. worse to both east and west. and south. SD was above 40% positive on tests this past week. goal is less than 5%. meanwhile, half the calls wife is dealing with at MDH are related to covid fatigue issues. sigh...

"If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed.......and we will deserve it," Lindsey Graham, May 3rd 2016.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2020, 06:50:09 PM »
Hey the Freedumbs in my state of Nebraska are beating you too.  Oh wait, bigger isn't better in this case.  But, but, mah Freedumb!

Reigns

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
  • Parsley Boy, mark 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2020, 04:30:28 PM »
A very close friend of mine's father and his wife (her step mother I guess, although it's a recent embellishment so she doesn't think of her that way) were just diagnosed with Covid.  They live in Bulgaria -- she lives here in PA.  Today she told me that he feels pretty good, so he went grovery shopping and was "out and about"  There's a quarantine there if you're positive too, but he doesn't feel like it applies to him.  After all, he's already sick so what does he have to worry about?  No, they don't wear masks.   I can't even with that kind of self-centeredness.  She has stopped fighting with him because it doesn't make any difference. 

A month ago he flew back to the states to fill a prescription for Oxycodone and get an absentee ballot to vote for trump.  :(
Reigns

SBNVL  = Snicker, But Not Very Loudly
(Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.)

GO STEELERS!!!  Let's Go Pens!!!

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
"If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed.......and we will deserve it," Lindsey Graham, May 3rd 2016.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2020, 08:48:11 PM »
Record covid deaths in MN again today. We’re around 20% test positivity at the moment. meanwhile, South Dakota hit over 60% test positivity this past week. They (and Iowa) have started shipping patients here. Meanwhile their governors continue to act like assholes. Walz (MN guv) called Noem (SD guv) out yesterday, but it won’t matter. Noem’s running for president in 2024 and is completely useless.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2020, 10:25:58 AM »
It is crazy how bad the situation is.  The sad thing is that 80% avoidable.  I honestly thought that the sparsely populated areas would be less affected.  That thought never took into account how people would behave like self-centered assholes.

Dust

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2020, 07:49:20 AM »
We've had a shit time of it, but we finally got stats like this the last week or so...

Plenty in the US aren't going to like it, (and we still have idiots here raging against any prevention measures, even though many restrictions have been lifted) but lockdown really helps...

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2020, 12:31:32 PM »
jealous.

MN set more covid records on friday. on track to break 10K new cases a day next week, and likely more than 100 deaths a day in ~2-3 weeks.

Walz ordered some new rules that took effect Friday, which are likely inadequate but still pissed off the state republicans. meanwhile, the republican senate majority leader just tested positive the week after a special legislative session where Minnesota GOP senators had COVID, but the GOP caucus didn’t tell DFLers.

edit: previously mentioned senate majority leader is quarantining in Florida, after flying there this past Monday. his spokesman said "he hasn't traveled while under quarantine". oddly precise language; he'd gone to a post-election party in the twin cities burbs that so far has resulted in multiple other infected republicans. just makes you want to get on a plane, doesn't it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 01:13:59 PM by syn »

Dust

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2020, 02:44:24 AM »
Taken from an Australian researcher and activist I know, talking about US covid info:
As of today, over 1,000 hospitals have reached capacity. This includes the total break down of medical care for many other urgent procedures. These particular hospitals have run out of ventilators, beds and more critically, health professionals.

In many states their ability to cater for the dead is also being overwhelmed.

The U.S is now about to experience the biggest mass casualty event on home soil in their history. Everyday they are recording well over 1,000 deaths. In a few weeks, that will climb to 2,000.
Infectious disease experts like Anthony Fauci are predicting that by the end of their winter, over 500,000 Americans would have lost their lives.
Within a few weeks, COVID will become the leading daily cause of death in that country.

Right now, COVID has spread so far and wide, it has become so systemically ingrained in their entire society that no health measures or technological solution will slow it down. 
It has become so bad in some states, that medical staff are resigning. They are the lucky ones as thousands are being infected and forced off the job.

22 percent of U.S hospitals are now reporting that they no longer have enough health staff to cope with the massive influx of sick people. As of yesterday, over 77,000 Americans are in hospital because of COVID.

I'm so horrified, I really don't know what to say. I really hope you guys are staying safe, and you can afford to keep your families away from this, because that is.... just so bloody sad.

Silverthorn

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2020, 05:46:48 AM »
Netherlands is still not doing that good. Better then 2 weeks ago, but lock-down will be eased again starting tomorrow, with still too many people ill IMO.
Mind you, I am having an easy time: I am still allowed to go fishing and cycling, I have little need of restaurants, discos, etc. My wife and my two sons live with me, and I can visit my father-in-law. And I'm a loner by nature. Working in IT from home suits me remarkably well. *shrugs*
I DO wish this shit will pass ASAP though.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 05:48:22 AM by Silverthorn »

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2020, 10:12:19 AM »
a fair bit to unpack here but it's an interesting representation.

https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/90-day-rolling-impact

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2020, 06:55:15 PM »