Author Topic: Jumping into D3  (Read 690 times)

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Jumping into D3
« on: February 25, 2020, 07:06:14 PM »
Hey guys!

So, I went out and bought a new laptop. One of the first things I did was download the free version of D3. It didnít take long before I bought the whole package. I started out non-season, because I figured I didnít have enough time to complete the season journey. After a week or so, I realized the new season didnít start until two weeks after the season ends. So, I started up a new season character, and my son power leveled me up to 70. Then he had a few puzzle keys, so we did T16 vaults, and now I have more gold than I know what to do with. Iím currently grinding and waiting for the new season to start. I have this whirlybarb now. Paragon 170 or something. For the new season, Iím going to go monk.

Anyway, thatís where Iím at, but Iíd like to hook up with some of the old crew in game again. Hit me up and letís do the friend thing.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Jumping into D3
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 09:44:56 PM »
Hi Drozz

There are a few still playing, it seems to be the start of a season is some of a flurry, then people either drop off, or just don't talk about it. 

Diablo3 is NOT as strong as Diablo2 7 years after launch.  many of the last few years of patches have been "BUFF EVERYTHING TO 11!!" so you do big damage numbers,  you push into higher level dungeons, and the never ending paragon slog.

Its quite different do Diablo2.  D3 you have Best in Slot gear and normally if you want your build to do well you work to get that.  Unlike D2 where some gear you'd almost never find, any item of gear is just a matter of time till you find it, either normal drops, gambling etc.  In many ways I just don't think it has the same replayability, but the first stage was worth playing.

I recommend do all characters up to maximum, try to see all the places, look in the achievements for things to do, avoid the longest grinds.  Set dungeons can give you some unique challenges.

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 09:55:42 PM »
Hey Tim!

Yeah, I've been reading much of the same. I still like it, and if D4 comes out in a couple years, then I'm caught up. Also, I hear that Diablo Immortal will carry on the story from D2, which I guess people were disappointed with that aspect of D3. Still, D3 seems fun, and it gets me back to the old hack and slash that I did so long ago.

Also, I've noticed that there are still many who still play D2. Does that seem like the case also, that people play D2 again, now that they've played D3 to death?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 11:26:22 PM »
Diablo2 people play on and off over the years. Mia has more often than 3 it seems.
Original d2 is 20 in June!

Some popular people on YouTube got big from diablo2.

You can watch their highlight clips and get excited without the boredom or bad drops.

That calm spark some interest
https://youtu.be/YaVSNT6GmjY
https://youtu.be/A9rW75aFfdU

Itís one thing to see a forum post of someone saying. Hey I got a tyreals. But to watch it drop before your eyes. See the reveal (even though itís in the name of the vid and see the reaction!

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 10:12:49 AM »
Yo Drozz.  Play Wolcen.  D3 is for nUbs.

I kid.  Wolcen is good but I hope you enjoy D3.  Also good to see you posting.

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 11:12:31 AM »
Hey Sssith! I've heard about Wolcen and Path of Exile as alternatives, but I'm probably going to play D3 through until boredom, then switch to something else until D4.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 12:30:10 PM »
PoE is close to realse PoE version 2.  And Wolcen, as enjoyable as it is, could use a bit of time to squash the 'few' bugs that exist.

Borderlands 3 is always a fun alternative.

As for D3 it hit that boredom point for me a while back.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 01:42:29 PM »
Yeah I'd probably be playing PoE if I had more free time and was more in that zone for that genre.  Wolcen does look great and as the shiny new thing its getting a lot of attention. 

Only about 2 months till Borderlands 3 is released now! Although no official word yet.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 08:34:50 AM »
Have fun with D3 Drozz.  I played the hell out of it and really liked it.  However, I haven't played the last couple of seasons due to boredom/burnout, and I am most likely done with D3.  I am looking forward to D4.

dave in the basement

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 12:58:28 PM »
Drozz! Holy hell, the gang's all here!

I'll be hitting it hard for the next season on both America and EU, at least until I complete the journey in both places.

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 05:53:33 PM »
Hey Dave!

Hit me up in game. I think my full name is Drozz34 #1477. I may not have the number right.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2020, 07:05:45 PM »
Drozz.  FYI this game is now one of their legacy ones or whatever they call it.  They might do a few minor tweaks for future seasons.  Offer a new pet/skin but basically once you've seen it all you are done.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 11:10:22 AM »
Drozz.  FYI this game is now one of their legacy ones or whatever they call it.  They might do a few minor tweaks for future seasons.  Offer a new pet/skin but basically once you've seen it all you are done.

They are actually continuing to add new class sets to the game. This time around the new sets are for wizard (hydra) and barbarian (frenzy).

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 03:22:37 PM »
Hey Dave!

Hit me up in game. I think my full name is Drozz34 #1477. I may not have the number right.

Hey Drozz, I sent you a friend request. If it didn't go through, I'm Daveismyhero#1508

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 09:19:05 AM »
I'm CluckKent#1498 if you want to send a friend request.