Author Topic: Metro Exodus on Steam and not full price  (Read 57 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Metro Exodus on Steam and not full price
« on: February 17, 2020, 03:25:54 PM »
So with an exclusivity ending, I find it interesting that on launch its at 40% off.  Not only that, but the base price is cheaper than some normal releases!  So epic paid off the owners of the IP, higher revenue split from less sales.  Now it comes to where most people want to buy it, and even less money available to the devs/owners than if it came out everywhere on day 1!

Oh well.  I have a few other of their games to play, this is on the wishlist, it will probably be a few years before I buy it, let alone want to play it.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam and not full price
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 03:52:04 PM »
It's been on PC Gamepass for months, since like right after it came out on the Epic store. So, people like me who hate Epic and refuse to use their store had easy cheap access to it all along, which was amusing as fuck. :D

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 04:20:17 PM »
I'm guessing those pass things will be like Netflix etc, content comes on, but then after so long drops off.  When you want to play it, and find no pass things have it, then you have to consider buying, or waiting for it to come back.  or worse, go find something you dont want to play as much

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 04:30:53 PM »
Maybe? But it's not like you replay a game like Metro Exodus, and it can probably be beat in a few days, so the $4.99 to sub for a month of gamepass is well spent.