Author Topic: Season 19: The Season of Eternal Conflict  (Read 433 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Season 19: The Season of Eternal Conflict
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 08:02:42 AM »
This season has been a weird, wacky experience so far.  I started a Barb, so he could get things going as far as equipment, gold, resources, etc.  That way hopefully levelling up my Crusader won't be as much of a slog.  Once I got my favorite combo built up a little (Frenzy + Whirlwind), he found a Bovine Bardiche with a socket.  Remember Whirling with a Poleaxe in original D2?  Good stuff!  It's not quite that obscene in D3, but it's fun.  The combination of a huge damage bump with the different animation and slower attack speed was great.  So I got him to 70, added a dozen or so Paragon points, and it was time to try the Crusader.

Martha the Crusader was born.  As she was levelling up, she found Akkhan's Manacles, Gyrfalcon's Foote, and Jekangbord.  Like three of the first 10 or so Legendaries she found.  Since my favorite class is the Demon Hunter, mostly because they're ranged, I thought going nuts throwing shields around could be fun.  I'd heard of the Captain America build, and this seemed like it must be it.  So now she chucks infinite Blessed Shields and they bounce around and fill the room, destroying everything.  It's completely ridiculous and I love it.

She finds an Ancient Bovine Bardiche, with a socket.  Gyrfalcon's Foote went in the cube.  Another insane damage boost, shields still flying everywhere.  Levelled up most of the rest of the way with that combo.  Since hitting 70, she's found a couple of nice two-handed flails; I forget which one she's using right now.  The Manacles were pretty high level so she's still using them, hoping for a 70 sometime.  I'm trying to get her a better Jekangbord.  It's like level 35 or something; been trying to gamble a new one.

I'm a bonehead.  I'd heard the chatter about the new Crusader set and the boosts to Fist of the Heavens, so I thought that Haedrig's set would be the new set.  Nope, Roland's again.  So Martha is just gonna stick with flingling shields around until she can get the new Aegis of Valor set, then switch.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 11:21:56 PM »
Wow, shield-flinging is a natural for a Legacy of Dreams build, since it's not based on a set.  That's two I've done recently, after never having done one before (counting Legacy of Nightmares).  I like the mix 'n' match thing.  You end up using items you might not normally use, just because it's what you have for that slot and/or it's ancient.

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 07:44:23 AM »
Man, don't sleep on the updated WW barb build. I blew through a GR100 last night in 4:40.

Supposedly the new monk set is also crazy fast. I really want the new crusader set for the transmogs. :D

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 07:53:07 AM »
Yeah, I was watching you post the numbers.  Congrats!

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 10
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 08:34:13 AM »
gr100 at 4:40!!! wow.

i'm also doing a crusader w/ legacy of dreams. was hoping to get the new set as well, but only have 2 pieces so far. hate rolands set; saved haedrig's gifts and will use them for a secondary character, probably a barb.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Kasferatu

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 01:40:31 AM »
I've started leveling a wizard since my last seasonal character was a Barb but wondering if I'll end up regretting it.  Might switch it out for something else next time I play.

Melchior

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2019, 02:20:33 AM »
Had a decent HC WW barb going nicely. 6 piece Wastes, Band of Might, Skull Grasp, Mantle of Channeling, was playing cautiously and was trying to get a Gem of Ease in case I died, and then I died :(

I would like to thank the GO member who helped me to level 70 with my first barb, but I have embarrassingly forgotten who it was  :-\

New barb on the way now, slow going without Gem of Ease though...

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2019, 09:43:05 PM »
Got the rest of the Aegis of Valor set, so Martha the Crusader has switched over.  Holy Damage, Batman!  She's doing a Crimson Valor mashup, and it's very fun.  She got her GR 70 earlier tonight, and the Primal drop was perfect:

Her gloves were previously her weakest piece and she'd been gambling gloves for the last several runs, so this was literally exactly what she needed.  The RNG gods have smiled upon me again.  So for now she's just running 70's and levelling up her gems.  I'll probably go back and finish my WhirlyBarb at some point.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2019, 01:14:31 AM »
Nice gloves Orbert!

I've managed to claw my way back to T12/GR55 with Might of the Earth Seismic Slam build. Missing a lot of key items still though. First job was to level a Gem of Ease in case I do again  ::)

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 04:09:10 PM »
Terrific gloves! Congrats!

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2019, 05:14:15 PM »
jebus, my crusader was cruising right along at t13 with ease, but just got 1-shot (twice, first to trigger indestructible and then to kill) by the shadow clone when trying the diablo achievement for the season journey... oof. not even sure what i was hit with but am going to avoid that fight with a crusader in the future.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

mn4nu

• Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2019, 06:33:17 PM »
RIP syn.  That sucks.

hurtlocker

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2019, 12:41:54 AM »
The new Wastes set with Ambo's is really fast and fun but definitely not a good HC set. You have to manage the fact that it will do
big damage but will be one hit killed pretty often if you don't concentrate. I did a 75 grift with all regular gear, literally no ancient
weapons or gear.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2019, 03:26:17 PM »
The new Wastes set with Ambo's is really fast and fun but definitely not a good HC set. You have to manage the fact that it will do
big damage but will be one hit killed pretty often if you don't concentrate. I did a 75 grift with all regular gear, literally no ancient
weapons or gear.

It is quite good, but can be fragile, I'm playing a MOTE Slam build, seems just as strong with my items and is more interesting to play.

In other news, I got my GR70 Primal the other day...Breastplate of Akkhan...for my seasonal barb. Thanks ::)

edit:
Was upgrading rare rings for a RORG and got a Primal Band of Hollow Whispers :\
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:08:42 PM by Melchior »

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2019, 09:03:21 PM »
In other news, I got my GR70 Primal the other day...Breastplate of Akkhan...for my seasonal barb. Thanks ::)

LOL. that sucks...

edit:
Was upgrading rare rings for a RORG and got a Primal Band of Hollow Whispers :\

nice (?). but can you even get bounty drops from that upgrade recipe? i didn't think that was possible.