Author Topic: Season 19: The Season of Eternal Conflict  (Read 1004 times)

Melchior

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Season 19: The Season of Eternal Conflict
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2019, 10:48:53 PM »
nice (?). but can you even get bounty drops from that upgrade recipe? i didn't think that was possible.

Sure can!

From Diablo3.com Ancient and Primal Guide
Drops from any source of Legendary item in the game, including Horadric Caches, Kadala, and Kanai's Cube, but only after having successfully completed at least a level 70 Greater Rift solo

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2019, 07:52:40 AM »
what about getting a RORG from the upgrade recipe? that's what i didn't think was possible- was pretty sure those can only come from act 1 or 4 caches...
NWS Twin Cities   @NWSTwinCities 21h
We are forecast to be pretty warm by week's end. This contrasts with the usual temperature of our soul.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2019, 05:16:37 PM »
what about getting a RORG from the upgrade recipe? that's what i didn't think was possible- was pretty sure those can only come from act 1 or 4 caches...

Well I thought they could drop anywhere, but after some checking, I have been wasting my time  :-[

I was so sure I had gotten them elsewhere, I didn't even think about it

edit:
thanks for putting me on the right track syn!
After 4x Act 1 Bounty caches I got the ring! :)

Also, Fjord Cutter with Echoing Fury is hilariously fast  :D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:19:40 AM by Melchior »

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2019, 06:18:26 PM »

Well I thought they could drop anywhere, but after some checking, I have been wasting my time  :-[

I was so sure I had gotten them elsewhere, I didn't even think about it

edit:
thanks for putting me on the right track syn!
After 4x Act 1 Bounty caches I got the ring! :)

Also, Fjord Cutter with Echoing Fury is hilariously fast  :D

:D

this is probably not news for most people here but it was nearly fatal for me: watch out for the 1000 pandemonium stack surprise, especially if you're playing HC. disproportionately hard for the level, at least for my aegis crusader.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:19:49 PM by syn »
We are forecast to be pretty warm by week's end. This contrasts with the usual temperature of our soul.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2019, 04:20:05 PM »
this is probably not news for most people here but it was nearly fatal for me: watch out for the 1000 pandemonium stack surprise, especially if you're playing HC. disproportionately hard for the level, at least for my aegis crusader.

I haven't hit it yet, now I'm concerned :)
edit: rightly so. I went to Cow level to get 1000 kill streak, got the event, promptly GTFO. I can do GR92 safely, but this was too much to handle on T16. Ran away and watched a youtube video instead.

I have found the seasonal buff/event to be rather uninspiring this season. I am 98% ignoring it and just playing as normal   :-\

Also rolled an Ancient Fjord Cutter yesterday which gave me a considerable damage boost. My seasonal Seismic Slam barb is now better than my off-season.

I was really short on DBs after rolling mighty weapons, so I played around with Sage's set to try and get some double drops. Ended up with a sort of standard Wastes WW build, RORG and Sage's, which destroys T16 easily :D So many DBs
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:29:48 PM by Melchior »

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2019, 08:41:32 PM »
i triggered the 1000 stack bonus at t13. triggered indestructible 3 or 4 times before finishing it. i stupidly kept going back (was ducking in and out of the portal on the cow level to wait out the timer) and eventually finished it by firing off heaven's fury and running away. took a while. probably one of the dumber things i've done in-game recently, but i didn't die.

it was nice that they added the belt to the sage set. makes it a much friendlier set to use.

hurtlocker

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2019, 08:00:45 PM »
I was playing yesterday afternoon and all of a sudden a solo Barb did a GR 150 in about nine minuets!
The guy was running a weird Raekors/IK set build that had really average equipment. The only thing that
I saw that was really out of the ordinary was maxed gold pickup range on all his gear. This morning I looked
again and the guy was gone?? Maybe a BOT or some type of cheat?? 

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2019, 08:04:43 AM »
Kinda sounds like it.

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2019, 09:26:52 AM »
I have no idea. Sounds like something was significantly off, but I've never heard of anything like that in Diablo. I do recall another Blizz game that had a cheat code where an indestructible monster truck appeared and killed all your enemies. Could it be something like that?

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2019, 01:26:41 PM »
Yeah, the guy was using an exploit that they patched yesterday:
Fixed an unintended use of Game Mechanics involving the Seasonal Theme

As a byproduct, players are now required to be in the same "world" as the monster they slay for the purpose of gaining or maintaining stacks of Pandemonium. A world is defined as either within the boundaries of a Rift (both Greater and Nephalem) or in the same zone of the world map.

Fixed an issue where the Pandemonium buff would fall off of players once their Cheat Death passive activated

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2019, 07:53:24 PM »
I have finished the Seasonal Journey and have the Goblin pet  ;D ;D ;D

Back to non-seasonal grinding for now, trying to get the new items and such

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2019, 07:41:50 PM »
Congrats!

Kasferatu

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2019, 04:20:35 PM »
I'm still working on the seasonal journey.  I've managed my solo 75 rift so getting gems three gems up to 70 shouldn't be too tough now but really just a bit of a grind.  Then for my third conquest I'll probably go for "The Thrill" which I haven't done before but apparently isn't too difficult.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2019, 04:32:45 PM »
I'm still working on the seasonal journey.  I've managed my solo 75 rift so getting gems three gems up to 70 shouldn't be too tough now but really just a bit of a grind.  Then for my third conquest I'll probably go for "The Thrill" which I haven't done before but apparently isn't too difficult.

Conquests were fairly easy this season I found. Or maybe I'm finally getting better at the game   :-*
The Thrill conquest is one I like to go for as it can be a bit of a challenge but is quite doable. However with Legacy of Dreams gem, it is a bit too easy, I didn't feel like I conquered anything. Next time I won't be using LOD for it.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2019, 05:19:48 PM »
Conquests were fairly easy this season I found.

the conquests haven't been changed since they were first introduced. power creep with multiple patches/new items has made most of the conquests pretty easy. the no-set gr45 is a total gimme at this point...