Author Topic: Season 19: The Season of Eternal Conflict  (Read 1002 times)

Melchior

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
Season 19: The Season of Eternal Conflict
« on: November 12, 2019, 11:07:19 PM »
New season starting soon, woo!

Information thus far..
    The buff for Season 19, the Season of Eternal Conflict, has been added:
    • Pandemonium
      • For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds
        • Each stack gives 0.05% movement speed and 0.1% bonus damage. This bonus caps at 50% movement and 100% damage (1000 stacks)
        • In addition, after reaching a certain number of kills in a row, a power is unleashed, dealing an amount of scaling damage based on player level and difficlistty or Greater Rift level:
        • 15 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed
        • 30 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies
        • 50 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy
        • 100 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky
        • 150 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies
        • 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
        • 300 Kills: A ring of fire englistfs everything
        • 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
        • 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause
        • 1000 Kills: ? ? ?

• Powers are tracked at a group level; this means only one power can be active in play at a time, regardless of the number of players in a group

New sets!

New Crusader Set: Aegis of Valor
    • 2-Piece Bonus: The charged bolts from Fist of the Heavens has a chance to cast another Fist of the Heavens
    • 4-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Fist of the Heavens reduces damage taken by 1% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 50 times
    • 6-Piece Bonus: Increase the damage of Fist of the Heavens by 10,000%

New Monk Set: Patterns of Justice
      • 2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune
      • 4-Piece Bonus: Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times.
      • 6-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind after hitting over 30 times within a short period. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 10,000%

There's other item changes that I am too lazy to list and format.

According to this resource, the sets should follow cycle and be the same as S15:
        Barb: Wastes
        Crusader: Roland (unless it's the new set)
        DH: Unhallowed
        Monk: Raiment (unless it's the new set)
        Necro: Rathma
        WD: Helltooth
        Wiz: Tal Rasha

This all subject to change I guess, but all seems feasible.

Think I might run with Necro or Barb. Though if Monk and Crusader have the new sets as quest rewards I might be tempted. Definitely going to roll in HC this season though.

Who else is in?
      [/list]

Ray Patean

• View Profile
      Re: Season 19: The Season of Eternal Conflict
      « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 02:24:16 PM »
      I was going to roll a Barb this season, but with the Lamentation belt losing it's damage boost, I'm not sure. I may go with Sader though, because that new set looks fun. They released the final patch notes, and the sets changed a little bit - a couple buffs and mechanics changes, but they both look pretty interesting.

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 11:36:48 PM »
      I'll probably try a Crusader.  I've always thought that Fist of the Heavens was a bit underwhelming, especially considering its name and cool animation.  To have it actually do damage will be nice.

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 08:58:42 AM »
      Thanks for the notes, Melchior! First time I have officially seen those.

I'm still sticking with a barb on launch. I had a lot of fun with WW and HoTA in HC last season, and I want to keep the fun rolling. I'm planning to go crusader with my second character as I'd really like to try out that new set. I hate leveling and gearing up crusaders, though, so I'll wait until I have enough ancient str gear to make it less painful with the LON gem.

Greatly looking forward to the new season, and supposedly they are supposed to announce the launch date today. I'm hoping for 11/22, since they said the season isn't launching tomorrow.

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
        • View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 09:52:59 AM »
      I hate leveling and gearing up crusaders, though, so I'll wait until I have enough ancient str gear to make it less painful with the LON gem.

Ooh, good point.  Might have to start with WhirlyBarb after all.

hurtlocker

• Cookies: 3
        • View Profile
      « Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »
      I'll be going with the Barb as well. I wanted to try out the new Monk gear but I think it's wonky and Spirit hungry.
      I'll be surprised if they don't nerf the Sader with people already doing GR 150's.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 09:01:30 AM »
      I'll be going with the Barb as well. I wanted to try out the new Monk gear but I think it's wonky and Spirit hungry.
      I'll be surprised if they don't nerf the Sader with people already doing GR 150's.

It sounds like they may do one more round of tuning before S19. I was hoping they would lessen the barb nerf, but now I'm afraid they'll nerf the crusader like they did the barb.

Melchior

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 09:12:44 PM »
      Thanks for the notes, Melchior!
      ;D

I'll be on holiday for the next week,so I will miss the launch of new season. Will also play hardcore this time around, so not likely to get a power level, will be grinding to 70, old skool

dave in the basement

• View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 09:31:07 AM »
      ;D

I'll be on holiday for the next week,so I will miss the launch of new season. Will also play hardcore this time around, so not likely to get a power level, will be grinding to 70, old skool

I always switch to HC once I get bored with the season, so hit me up if you want me to *try* to powerlevel you. I haven't killed anyone off, yet. But I did have a dream last night that one of my HC characters died, so you've been warned. :D

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
      • Cookies: 22
        • View Profile
      « Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 10:04:43 AM »
      I will most likely sit this out again since I'm more interested in D2 at the moment.  The new sets sound interesting, but not enough to suck me back in.  I hope you all have fun this season!

LORD NIKON

• THAC0: 20
      • Cookies: 0
        • View Profile
      « Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 12:17:04 AM »
      ;D

I'm a 100% hardcore dude, if you're on the EU server give me a shout and I'll see what I can manage.

Had an interesting start to the season:

So apparently, Sokahr has the nasty habit of one-shotting characters. I just learnt that the hard way, just as I was about to complete Chapter IV of the journey. Oh well.
      « Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:05:28 AM by LORD NIKON »

hurtlocker

• Cookies: 3
        • View Profile
      « Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 05:54:03 PM »
      Seems there is finally a use for your follower this season, your kill streak can be maintained by the
      follower whacking on someone or was that my imagination? 

syn

• Cookies: 11
      • aka Salem
        • View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 09:22:36 AM »
      Seems there is finally a use for your follower this season, your kill streak can be maintained by the
      follower whacking on someone or was that my imagination?

appears so. the notes say it's party wide. seems like they applied that to followers as well, which is nice.

started a crusader (hc). enjoying the stack effects. haven't gotten to the high level ones yet.
      NWS Twin Cities   @NWSTwinCities 21h
      We are forecast to be pretty warm by week's end. This contrasts with the usual temperature of our soul.

syn

• Cookies: 11
      • aka Salem
        • View Profile
      « Reply #13 on: November 24, 2019, 02:13:20 PM »
      does the new flavor of time bonus not work in kanai's cube? sure seems like normal pylon duration to me.
      NWS Twin Cities   @NWSTwinCities 21h
      We are forecast to be pretty warm by week's end. This contrasts with the usual temperature of our soul.

Melchior

• View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 03:04:36 AM »
      Can't decide what to play  ::)

I like the new items for barb Seismic Slam and HOTA, not overjoyed by the WW buffs though really.

New Monk set is interesting, nut I dont like the gifted set mechanic :(

Necro is my favourite atm, but I keep dying  ;D

What has everyone picked?