Author Topic: Elf on the Shelf (again)  (Read 200 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Elf on the Shelf (again)
« on: December 23, 2019, 01:50:35 PM »
Does anyone remember this gem? http://www.gamersoasis.net/backup/index.php?topic=19226.0

Back then I had a 1 year old, I'd heard of it, maybe seen some memes on Facebook but that was it.  I didn't know anyone who actually had one.

Fast forward 5 years and we have got one, and my now 4 and 6 year old love it.  They wake up, and one of the first things to go through their head is .. where is the elf!  They go around the house, get all excited when they find it and want to tell us and show us.    For them and us, its just something else to help the magic of Christmas.    Also a non sugary thing at this time of year is good. I can see this being a tradition for years to come.  I also imagine it could be fun after they learn Santa's origin story.

The elf is also very good at reminding them of their conscience and to hopefully make better decisions, or snap out of a tantrum.

We have found ourselves in bed and thinking, ah shit, then get out of bed and move it.  We don't overthink it.  Last night I just put the elf behind the curtain, but it took them a while to find as I opened those curtains last.

One night we forgot to move it, and told them that they had been naughty and she was giving them a chance to be better before she flew off.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Elf on the Shelf (again)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 02:26:23 PM »

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Elf on the Shelf (again)