Author Topic: Diablo 4  (Read 1687 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 4
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 07:01:39 PM »
Pretty cool!

Now we wait.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 08:48:16 PM »
4 years....

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 03:26:15 PM »
Ha ha, "controversy" because Lilith doesn't have boobs.

Actually, I'm kinda wondering, too.  WTF?

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2019, 04:10:22 PM »

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 05:26:49 PM »
I was just going by the video above.

Yeah, I guess those count.  Upon closer examination, there's some implied curvature there that's not really apparent when you watch the video.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:28:52 PM by Orbert »

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 05:43:22 PM »
Does anyone else find themselves thinking back to the initial details of D3 at announcement?    They had the barb/WD (the only character who won't be in immortal? wtf .. anyway) and killing a bunch of normal things and later had the siegebreaker with something only as a teaser but not in the final game.

The horses were probably the coolest thing I think after thinking about it for a few days.  Hopefully they dont have limitations on them.  Hopefully the levels aren't so big that it feels like a Borderlands map where you dont have a car and its just a bloody chore to get from one side to the other.  Hopefully like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvEe3Y3B2cg

no one really talking about the PVP which D3 never got around too.  At least they were talking about if it got there, it would be opt-in, not the toxic mess that was D2 and caused many of us to avoid risking playing with others (among many other reasons).

We have seen, partly in D3 where people mostly work together as everyone benefits, but other games and genres, where people can work as a community and get rewards they couldnt' get solo.  Hopefully some of the best of that is there.

Hopefully "regions" are not a thing anymore.  Sure I can understand in some respects why they have it.  But my friendships are not based solely where someone happens to be.  Not being able to play with them, or with everyone at once sucks.  Other games can do it!

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 07:13:30 AM »
I remember a conversation back on the SPF about mounts being a cool thing to have in D2. Nice to see they've finally made it into the game. I imagine this is another cosmetic area Blizz can do rewards/monetise on.

Obviously this game is going to have Diablo in it at some point and that, for me, is the most interesting part as to how the story will play out.

Sssith

• Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 10:01:43 AM »
Video is cool.  Very dark.  I hope this leads to a less cartoony world.  Lilith...interesting, I need to refresh my lore on her.  Where is her angel partner?  Still really early so wait and see.

Barb & Sorc?  Yawn.  How about some new classes?

I just got back from a trip so I am catching up on the news.  Is four years everyone's guess or is that the announced timeline?  Are we sure this is SP?  At this point I hate to assume anything.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2019, 11:36:10 AM »
You can solo. Always online like d3 though

Sssith

• Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 12:53:52 PM »
They were talking about BL3 Raid style events which need a crowd to do.  Probably my least favorite part about Borderlands.

Watched some game play and it seemed very D3 stylistically.  I imagine this will morph over time but not blown away by it so far.  It does reinforce how early they are in this process, which just boggles the mind.  They should have been working on this for a couple of years already.  This is coming off as them scurrying to recover from last year's debacle.  Reacting vs leading.  With d3 as old as it is they should have had something in the works (other than Immortal).

Did they even mention Diablo Immortal at any of the events?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 04:05:02 PM »
Immortal was talked about, but basically a side blog to not hog D4 attention and not to confuse people.  There is also no clue when a release date for that is.  Probably at least 2 years before D4.

If you'd heard any of the news/rumours from Blizzard over the years, you'd know about the 2nd D3 expansion that got cancelled due to higher ups thinking the game sucked  (not as well financially as they wanted etc), so what would have been came out as the necro pack/free stuff/deleted.

They were working on a version of D4 that was similar to Dark Souls but that got killed.  We heard about the starcraft game that got killed this year, they say there are a whole lot that get cancelled that no one ever hears about too.

I've got no idea about BL3 raids, what do you need there? do you need a mix of classes?  Or just is it more about having enough people who are geared well and can damage things etc?  Diablo has never had things such as a "healing class" or tank etc.  Also the fact D3 was so over the top they limited to 4 in a game at one time kinda sucked.  It would have been better at least at the peak if it was scaled back some, but have parties of 8.  Of course when the game is dead and you dont get 4 in a game it doesnt matter any more ..

I still remember in early 2004, having 8 druids running around in D2 all having fun.  We never found a time for all 8 of us to play again

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 04:38:33 PM »
D4 is multiplayer but instanced. You can set up the dungeons and whatnot to be solo, but you're always going to see other players in the overworld, is what I understand.

There are definitely raid type bosses. My friend did one. Said it was one-shotting players and took a ton of work to bring down.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 04:41:21 PM »
Video is cool.  Very dark.  I hope this leads to a less cartoony world.  Lilith...interesting, I need to refresh my lore on her.  Where is her angel partner?  Still really early so wait and see.

Barb & Sorc?  Yawn.  How about some new classes?

I just got back from a trip so I am catching up on the news.  Is four years everyone's guess or is that the announced timeline?  Are we sure this is SP?  At this point I hate to assume anything.

Barb/Sorc/Druid because they're going back to D2 and trying to wipe away the D3 stain a bit. Thus also the darker feel and stuff. Less cartoony.

4 years because that was the time between D3 appearing at Blizzcon (2008) and its release (2012).

Sigilstun

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 04:52:31 PM »
Pretty awesome cinematic and the gameplay looks pretty fun. I'll be honest though. I probably won't be buying this on release day. I really want to scout out what the itemization is going to be like before sinking a bunch of time into it like I did with D3. I really don't like the set thing in D3. I know...rose tinted glasses etc, but there still hasn't been a game like D2 for me as far as items drops and stats and general excitement goes. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Don't mind me. I'm just admiring the shape of your skull.