Author Topic: Democratic challengers for next year  (Read 1290 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Democratic challengers for next year
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2020, 06:53:30 PM »
Unfortunately, once Biden wins the nom, I expect a lot of Bernie Bros to sulk their way into either not voting or spite-voting for Trump.

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2020, 10:22:20 AM »
Unfortunately, once Biden wins the nom, I expect a lot of Bernie Bros to sulk their way into either not voting or spite-voting for Trump.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who could be considered a "bernie bros" equivalent in UK politics, yes refusing to vote for a candidate I didn't believe in is what I would do.
However, we have more options in the UK as to who to vote for in other parties, so its not as if my vote would be withheld completely.

I am sick and tired of the politics of fear of "must beat this person at all costs" rather than encouraging people to vote for meaningful change. The next UK election will be "beat the Tories at all costs" with Labour as a the front runners but, if I don't like their policies, they won't get my vote.

The main political parties thrive on that sort of politics, relying on that for victory, rather than offering anything palpable.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2020, 02:48:09 PM »
Sure, but the bottom line simple truth reality is that Trump must be ousted at all cost. I don't care if someone has to hold their nose and stifle their gag reflex, voting for the only other viable option is the only right choice.

This is not the time for protest votes, non-votes, or 3rd-party irrelevant votes. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

If it were freaking Michael Bloomberg on the ticket, I'd vote for him over the orange buffoon.

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
The same will be said over here in the UK in five years time. I'm not buying it. It will just perpetuate the sorry state of capitalist society we are in. We had this in 1997 when Blair ousted the Tories and what a neoliberal shitshow that turned out to be.

And also, whilst you might deride Bernie Bros sulking and not voting for Biden, the safe money says that plenty of Biden Bitches would sulk and refuse to vote for Bernie as well.
So castigating one party and not the other, seems a little churlish to me.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »
I have no respect for "Biden Bitches" that would do the same, either. ;)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2020, 03:19:38 AM »
geez Tulsi finally threw the towel in.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2020, 08:42:45 AM »
Yeah I was surprised. I figured she was holding out for the two olds to die of covid-19 and win by  default....

mn4nu

• Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2020, 09:03:58 AM »
Yeah I was surprised. I figured she was holding out for the two olds to die of covid-19 and win by  default....
Best joke I've heard for awhile.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2020, 06:30:11 PM »
Well Bernie has now gone.  I don't know about you, but here the news is very different this last month compared to the month before it.   I wonder if the virus hadn't come along how different things would be, or how much longer he would have kept going?

I think the dems best help for swing voters will be Trump showing how unsuited to office he is.  Hopefully those people think .. do I really want 4 more years of this?

Sssith

• Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2020, 10:17:39 AM »
Time will tell I guess.  From my vantage point he has been a disaster from day 1 and he sadly kept getting worse.  Not easy to continually get worse for three straight years, but he managed it.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2020, 01:58:36 PM »
We haven't really heard anything about Biden in the past few weeks.  I know he's done some interviews here and there, but the news really isn't covering him because of the virus.  Meanwhile, we get to see commander idiot every afternoon going on and on with his repetitive BS.  I feel like Trump is getting all the exposure and that could be good or bad.  Good if everyone realizes how much he's messed up the federal response from the start and is now trying to make things up to cover his tracks, or bad if people see it so much they start to believe the BS.  I think Biden really needs to get out there to combat what Trump is doing.

I am really getting sick of Trump ripping on voting by mail.  People really need to attack him on that.  Hell, he votes by mail, so his argument is a joke.

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2020, 07:29:30 PM »
Sanders:
“I believe that it’s irresponsible for anybody to say, ‘Well, I disagree with Joe Biden—I disagree with Joe Biden!—and therefore I’m not going to be involved.’”
Says notable holdout @briebriejoy “is my former press secretary—not on the payroll.”

ouch..
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon
The true mark of a successful photo op is literally everyone involved spending the next 24 hours trying to walk back their part in it happening