Author Topic: I think I broke my account  (Read 179 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
I think I broke my account
« on: October 27, 2019, 08:05:18 AM »
For reasons rational and otherwise, I become "attached" to my characters.  Once I've invested hundreds of hours into them, I actually care about them and can't just delete them casually.

But I came to the conclusion that while I'm proud of my Hardcore characters, I'm almost certainly never going to play them again.  I tend not to jump around between characters, because I get "into" my current character and really don't think about the others.  The times when I decided to play a different character just to change things up a bit usually starts with me dying a few times because I have to reacquaint myself with the skills and how to play the character.  This would be pretty bad in the case of Hardcore chararacter, and the fact that I "care" about these characters would make it worse.  So after at least two or three years of never touching any of them, I deleted all my Hardcore characters except one.  I kept my favorite Demon Hunter.

This cleared up a bunch of spots so I could start a new Seasonal character.  I know, there's Seasonal Rebirth, but I just wanted to start someone brand new.  I looked, and I still had 0 character slots remaining.  The Hardcore characters I'd just deleted weren't gone, they'd just moved to the top of the list.  What the fuck?

I backed out of the character selection menu and went back in.  There they all were.  0 characters slots remaining.  Some glitch, I figured.  They're deleted, but some part of the server where my Account info is stored hasn't been updated yet.  So I exited the Blizzard app completely, then went back in.

Connected... authenticating... error loading my characters.  What?

I tried again.  Went through the whole process, then choked when trying to find my characters.

I'll try again in a few.  This is annoying.

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
Re: I think I broke my account
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 09:16:26 AM »
Yikes! Good luck.  Lately D3 has been acting a little oddly for me, but nothing like this.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 09:44:42 AM »
Did any of your characters accidentally express support for Hong Kong?

>.>

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 01:35:17 PM »
Tried contacting support?

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 07:35:26 AM »
Last night, I tried again, connected and logged in successfully.  All my characters were there, zero slots remaining, and the "deleted" Hardcore characters were at the top of the list again.  I deleted one.  It cleared a spot.  Not wanting to tempt fate, or waste any more time, I created a new character, played her for a while.

Things seem to be back to normal.  If they weren't, I would've tried to contact support, but it looks like I won't need to.