Author Topic: Season 18: The Season of the Triune  (Read 269 times)

dave in the basement

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Season 18: The Season of the Triune
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 11:18:12 AM »
I finally made it to the leaderboard with my HC barb. All you need to hit the HC board is patience, and the occasional prayer for no disconnect deaths. Hit #757 with a GR71, mainly to unlock primals.

I may go back to pushing once I get a Band of Might to drop, but until then I'm having a blast speeding through rifts with the whirlwind set with the 2x pylon amulet. Such a fun and relaxing build!

Orbert

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 01:11:54 PM »
I'm doing a similar thing.  Had a Seasonal Wizard on Americas, then a Monk on Europe, then did a Barb on Asia.  By time he'd run around with the Raekor's set for a while, he'd gotten most of the basic WhirlyWastes gear together, and gambled the rest.  So now he's Whirling around and destroying everything.  Got the swords (one Ancient), ring, and the Flavor of Time amulet, too.  Fun times.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 02:09:01 PM »
I'm doing a similar thing.  Had a Seasonal Wizard on Americas, then a Monk on Europe, then did a Barb on Asia.  By time he'd run around with the Raekor's set for a while, he'd gotten most of the basic WhirlyWastes gear together, and gambled the rest.  So now he's Whirling around and destroying everything.  Got the swords (one Ancient), ring, and the Flavor of Time amulet, too.  Fun times.

Oooh, thanks for the reminder. I need to get back to EU and jump through the seasonal hoops. I created a monk as soon as the season started, got to the 40s (I think), and haven't been back since the season started in America.

I also need to knock out a set dungeon in America. I'll probably go for one of the necro ones, or the Nat's one for DH. My least favorite part of the season.

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2019, 05:38:58 PM »
is your HC barb seasonal? the IK dungeon is the easiest thing in the world...
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 10:54:40 AM »

It is, but I'm paragon 600+ and still haven't found an IK Boulder Breaker. Or a Band of  >:( Might. I ended up doing the Shadow dungeon, which isn't too bad once you have a couple specific pieces.

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 02:51:06 PM »
I don't think I've ever figured out how Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac works with channeled skills.  My WhirlyBarb was using it, but it's obviously not taking one second off the cooldowns every time he hits things.  The IcyVeins guide said to use Wrath of the Berserker, and I figured Obsidian Ring is always a good choice when you have skills with a long cooldown.  Except that it didn't seem to be working.  For now, I've cubed a Messershmidt's Reaver (takes off one second per kill, which adds up pretty quickly, though obviously not per hit) and that seems to make more of a difference.

So... how does Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac work with channeled skills?

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 04:10:56 PM »

It is, but I'm paragon 600+ and still haven't found an IK Boulder Breaker. Or a Band of  >:( Might. I ended up doing the Shadow dungeon, which isn't too bad once you have a couple specific pieces.

IK dungeon should be easy without those. as long as you have the set bonus you should be able to slap on whatever other random gear you have handy and have no problem whatsoever. it is that easy.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Melchior

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 07:36:08 PM »
So... how does Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac work with channeled skills?

Erratically? I still haven't worked it out, I put it on and hope it works :)
IIRC the mechanic did change in one of the patches, though I don't recall which or what changed :(

Anyways, I just finished the season with my WD. Ended up with a fairly standard Zuni/Carnevil build, surprisingly strong now, with the changes to Zuni set and Carnevil (since I played it last anyway).

Had a heck of a time getting the 2 minute TX rift, eventually got it while MPing with random group after about 10 runs.  They were all way faster than me. I was thinking of giving HC another go, but the amount of lag I got in my last session has given me doubts =\