Author Topic: Season 18: The Season of the Triune  (Read 874 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Season 18: The Season of the Triune
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2019, 11:47:28 PM »
Got an Ancient Dawn and cubed a spare Wojhanni.  I'm pretty sure I'm killing faster and it's not just the weapon speed.  Ran a few GR 75's, and am working on levelling up gems, now that I have all this crazy mismatched Ancient gear that I can augment.

One bummer about Rapid Fire stacks is that there's no "carryover" time.  As soon as you stop channeling, all stacks disappear.  Compare this to, say, Whirlwind.  With Whirlwind, the stacks build up, but you can take second or two to hit with Frenzy (or some other skill) and then start Whirling again, and you don't lose your WW stacks.  My WhirlyBabe gets into a rhythm where she Whirls, then hits once or twice with Frenzy, Whirls some more to keep the stacks up, repeat, and by the third or fourth time she's at full Frenzy and still Whirling.  Just hit once with Frenzy every few seconds and the buffs and stacks from both stay up.

Rapid Fire stacks are just different in how they work.  The stacks disappear but they build fast.  It's probably a good thing (though disappointing) that Taeguk doesn't work with it, and there's no way around the stacks dropping, since this could actually be overpowered otherwise.  Nowadays GR 75 is no big deal, but I'm still just making it up as I go along, so I think she's doing pretty well.

Orbert

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Season 18: The Season of the Triune
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2019, 09:55:18 AM »
More info.

Rapid Fire stacks drop when you switch to Primary (to recharge Wraps of Clarity, for example) and when you drop Sentries or Vault of course, but they don't drop when you switch to Vengeance or do a Wolf Howl.  So that's cool.