Author Topic: What's the most contentious thing that people are arguing about now?  (Read 144 times)

Reigns

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
  • Parsley Boy, mark 2
    • View Profile
Other than fucking Star Wars I mean...
 ::)
Reigns

SBNVL  = Snicker, But Not Very Loudly
(Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.)

GO STEELERS!!!  Let's Go Pens!!!

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Re: What's the most contentious thing that people are arguing about now?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 05:14:37 PM »
That Randy Pitchford is a complete A-Hole and that nobody should play Borderlands 3.  But that would also hurt ALL THE GOOD people who worked on the game.  Plus I like Borderlands and I am really looking forward to playing BL3.

SO SCREW YOU HATERS!

That completely has to be the most contentious thing going on right now.  What else could it be?

:o

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 05:24:50 PM »
All the good people could go to companies that don't contain a complete A-Hole and use their talent there.  Its not like they are stuck in an arranged marriage and unable to get out of it.

Also Randy owns Duke Nukem and is basically sitting on the rights.  We need another Duke game, or sell them to someone else who can do something with them.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 05:29:37 PM »
Antonio Brown's helmet.

Orbert

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 151
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 05:30:22 PM »
I've seen all good people turn their heads each day, so satisfied.  I'm on my way.

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 05:39:11 PM »
Antonio Brown's helmet.

*snort* 
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 06:51:50 PM »
Randy Pitchford *is* an asshole but that's not why you shouldn't buy borderlands 3.

You shouldn't buy Borderlands 3 until it's on a store that isn't complete crap, full of spyware, and built on a policy of anti-consumer bullshit. :D

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »
Imagine this, sometime in the 1800s a few things happened there, the British signed a treaty with the local Maori, and not related, certain lands were confiscated from the Maori at the time to be used by colonisers.  a family farmed the land for 150  years, then sold it, and it has been returned to the local Maori.

Those locals negotiated a deal with a large building company to build houses on the land.  40 of these house will be for the local tribe, the rest for private sale. 

A few people who are also the local Maori, but disagree with those that did the deal have occupied the land and are protesting.  No building is happening.  The protest has really gathered steam to the point its own community has taken off, prominent entertainers have turned up and its a bit self sustaining.  There have been other similar occupations of land in the past that have ended in different ways ..  This time everyone is being patient but no one is backing down.

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/rnz/ihumatao-land-battle-timeline

One thing is some land confiscated, there is a process where the government talks to the tribers, tries to arrange a deal to compensate them.  Some of them have gotten millions, setup businesses and are using that money to help their communities.  Some of them fight amongst each other over who should do the talking.

When you have one lot who do a deal, then another who say, no thats not good enough, and want more, it could ruin the whole process and everyone who has had a deal will say "ok we want more now too".  Our Prime Minister (who I don't like) first said "I'm not getting involed", then "ok, nothing can happen till there is an agreement where everyone is happy" which helps the protesters. She won't go there though ..

There is a bunch of police who are at the sight making sure the protesters can be there, but not past a point.   

Also one of the locals was abusing a police officer as he looked to be an immigrant "Video has emerged of a protester at Ihumātao telling a police officer to go back to his own country - and she says she is not sorry for the tirade."  https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2019/08/ihumatao-protest-video-shows-protester-racially-abusing-police-officer.html  Some of these protesters have endured a lot of racisim in their time, however they also believe that anything they do could never be racist to others .. wtf?

This will probably go on for months if not years, we will soon leave winter and some described being there as a "Maori Woodstock".  Just a lot of similar people united and supporting each other.

No easy answers

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 07:13:28 PM »
Randy Pitchford *is* an asshole but that's not why you shouldn't buy borderlands 3.

You shouldn't buy Borderlands 3 until it's on a store that isn't complete crap, full of spyware, and built on a policy of anti-consumer bullshit. :D

I'm going on both of those actually.  When its on a non shit store, I won't buy on Day 1. I'll wait till the game and all DLC with achievements has a decent discount.  Also part of my reasoning is I've had pre-sequel for a few years and I'm yet to push on.  I'm sure BL3 will be a game I play and complete *one day*.  But 2020 won't be that year.  I'm guessing maybe 2022.  Will be out of study, have cleared some other backlog including presequel and BL1 remastered.

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 09:24:22 AM »
spiderman leaving the MCU...
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 09:42:56 AM »