Author Topic: Doom on Mobile  (Read 62 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Doom on Mobile
« on: July 31, 2019, 06:55:20 PM »
YOU MUST LOGIN TO BETHESDA.NET TO READ THIS POST

lol, what idiots but needs to be mentioned.  Its a single player only experience.  They say the login is for those who want "slayers club" bonuses and to prove they bought and played the old games. 

Anyway, I got on my iPhone and fired up Doom2 first as that was the first one I could get.  I fired up Ultra Violence as I've played it a lot and know it .. but I didn't know these controls.  I died half way in the first level!  Level knowledge only gets you so far when you are working on aiming/moving/shooting. 

With a bit more practice I've gone through Doom1 Episode 1 Ultra Violence 100% now.  I've started on Episode 2 and doing ok so far.  I think Episode 4 will be too much as will some Doom2 maps.  I see Master Levels are there .. my least prefered but I might try them last.  A bit sad no Final Doom (that I've seen yet).  Map 32 of Plutonia on a phone would have been epic ..

Haven't seen Doom3 in the store yet for some reason. 

Also Doom2 came up from "Bethesda" but Doom from "id"  ..odd.  Epic credit screen for the new bits.  Well worth spending a few $ for something I am playing and enjoying.

Finally cheats are in a menu if you want to turn on and have a blat which is a nice tough.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Doom on Mobile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 09:59:08 AM »
Do you guys not have phones?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Doom on Mobile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »
I've since played and finished Episode 2 and 3 Ultra Violence 100% ... I have started E4M1, lots of saves .. i'm near the end and trying to get the barons together so I can try to kill them with only 12 rockets .. assuming this happens then I'll be at the madness that is the start of E4m2 .. out of the frying pan and into the fire!!  If I can get a foothold on that, i should be fine to get to E4m6 though.