Author Topic: Patch 2.6.5  (Read 267 times)

hurtlocker

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 2.6.5
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 01:31:44 PM »
I saw a video on youtube that was saying you get 35 DB's in a conquest stash now. That means you can cube a power right away in the beginning of
the game after you have turned a yellow into a legendary.  (25 DB's to form the legendary, 5 more to cube it) If you run a DH you could cube a
Dagger and since there are only two, you have a 100% chance to get a great power early. I had not seen that strategy before.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 04:02:28 PM »
I am going to play, mainly to get the stash tab.  I usually play a wizard or a witch doctor, so I will probably go with something different this season.  I'll be burned out in 4 weeks anyway, so it doesn't matter too much I guess.

dave in the basement

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 10:34:00 AM »
Yeah, that 35 DBs in the CR cache is going to be a game-changer. I may go DH for the dagger upgrade (and I hate leveling monks). Do you think people are going to be cubing the Karlie's Point, or is the plan to save it for 70? It sounds like cubing General Greenstone's Fan (or whatever it is) is the way to go for quick leveling, but I don't know about cubing Karlie's Point.

It sounds like the wizard has one of the most powerful LoN builds this season, mn4nu, if that influences you at all.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:55:55 AM by dave in the basement »

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 01:40:22 PM »
I'll probably do another DH, at least to start with. I watched the Rhykker video on the top builds for the season and nothing else really tickled me. From his video, I understand there are a few much higher GR runners, but he was clear that they were difficult builds to run and for one of them, you needed to do a lot of fishing to find the right GRs for the build. That closed it for me. I've tried those type of builds before and I didn't enjoy them. I like a simple, straight forward build that works on rifts and bounties and GRs.

Cool playing a T16 rift, great rewards but a little hurty. In the half dozen rifts I've run, I'd say they bumped the number of treasure goblins, but it might just be my experience. I'd be interested to know if others find the same.

Then I tried an ancient puzzle ring in the cube and completed a T16 ancient vault. Not a lot of creativity, but heads up, the goblins can run away so I recommend clearing to Greed and then going back and picking stuff up.

I also had a chance to check out GRs on my main account - something I haven't touched in several seasons, and cleared a 115 GR solo with seconds to spare. Went to check where I landed on the leader boards and discovered that you need a 116 just to get on! Oh well.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 09:51:53 AM »
Had a nice start to the season, and so happy I went with a DH. That 2-piece bonus on the Shadow set is so powerful that I was able to quickly complete the first 4 chapters to get the full 6 piece bonus.

My highest GR was a 77 in 4:44, and I'm sitting around paragon 450.

My three amazing primals have been:
Chaingmail
Hellcat Waistguard
Balefire Caster

Bask in the mediocrity! :D

Boosted a couple GO folks along the way and it was nice to see so many people in game again. SSB even hopped in the app, but I'm not sure if he ever fired up a game or not.

It was also fun watching mn4nu work his way up the HC leaderboards. Be careful out there!

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 10:07:03 AM »
I wish we were gearing up for D4 at this point.  I probably won't play D3 anymore.

@Dave -- I like the new Tar of you!  Who is the guy with the sunglasses though?

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2019, 11:08:12 AM »
I wish we were gearing up for D4 at this point.  I probably won't play D3 anymore.

@Dave -- I like the new Tar of you!  Who is the guy with the sunglasses though?

I wish we were gearing up for D4 too...I think.

I am one of the guys in the pic, but you'll have to crack that mystery on your own. That pic was taken at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota: https://cornpalace.com/

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »
Nice start Dave!

I went DH too, hardcore though.  Got in a lot of playtime this weekend and I am sitting at 377 paragon.  Switched from Shadow to UE, because UE is just so easy to play and I'm not going to be pushing GRs too hard.  My goal is to get the stash tab and call it a day.  Maybe search for those stupid cosmic wings a little too. :)

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2019, 08:23:08 AM »
Got my GR70 primal drop last night and it was a Leoric's Signet ring, which is worthless. At least I got 15 forgotten souls for it.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2019, 11:29:10 AM »
Got my GR70 primal drop last night and it was a Leoric's Signet ring, which is worthless. At least I got 15 forgotten souls for it.

I like those for leveling alts, after you combine them with a level 25 Gem of Ease. But yeah, not exactly a good primal under non-Dave circumstances.