Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 4084 times)

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »
I understand where you are coming with from BL3 Ray.  Have fun with the pre-sequel.  I started it awhile back, but didn't get that far into it.  I have to get back to that sometime.

Geoff, that is nuts!  I am almost done with the Moxxi DLC.  I hope to finish it sometime today.  When I do, I will farm the scraptrap place for a bit to see if I can get anything good.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2020, 01:04:35 PM »
I love that little area.  So satisfying to kill all those Clap Traps.  He is a funny character, Clap Trap.  I like having him around but he is still a bit annoying.  Getting to kill him over and over is very cathartic.  lol

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2020, 09:50:32 AM »
I started the 2nd DLC a couple of days ago.  Last night I finished fighting the first mini-boss, the empowered scholar.  Let's just say that I hate that boss.  That is the hardest boss I have faced in the whole main game and DLC 1 so far.  Annoying as F#$@!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2020, 10:49:24 AM »
Everyone hates him.  The first time I faced him I died many times.  I think your are running with Amara.  Maybe with Ties that Bind?  If you grasp the lead a$$wipe, who is invulnerable, you can then shoot him to damage the scholar.  When I figured that out life become much easier.  Also there is a way to shoot the crystals when he goes off to recharge without having to do the platforming.  There are videos around that show where you have to be in order to snipe the crystals.  Lastly you don't have to do any platforming.  The negative side of that is he comes back fully charged.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2020, 11:31:49 AM »
Yes, using phasegrasp with ties that bind.  I had to use the platforms on the final phase.  I just couldn't see the last crystal, so I couldn't shoot it.  I died a couple of times because of missing a jump, or having rocks fall on me.  That was annoying.  The dead guys the boss sends at you that explode on you killed me a lot too.  Plus the guy he sends at you with 3 bars that you can't damage (the one you mentioned) just sucks.  Then there were the times that I would die and there was nothing to kill to get a second wind.  Shooting a crystal doesn't count for the second wind.  So annoying.  I probably died 10 times.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:45:17 AM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »
To shoot all the crystals on the right platform you have to go to a rock on the right side.  From on top of it you can see the crystals that you normally can't reach.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2020, 10:43:04 AM »
Finished DLC2.  It was pretty good.  I don't think I've been disappointed with any Borderlands DLC I've played.  They put out some pretty good stuff in these DLCs.  I didn't play as much over the weekend, but I did farm Capt Traunt for a better Kaoson, and I got a pretty nice Sandhawk from Katagawa Jr.  I ran the cartel villa a few more times, but didn't get any upgrades.  Now it's just wait and see what gets buffed and nerfed in the next round of changes.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2020, 11:16:32 AM »
I thought both DLCs for BL3 have been top notch.  It adds to the back ground story in interesting ways.  As a stand alone they both had enjoyable stories (better than BL3s main story line).  Added interesting items to farm.  I can only hope that the next two DLCs are as strong.  Even the Tiny Tina DLC, which was beyond awesome, didn't really add that many items of interest.  The Grog Nozzle, the Grenade Magic Missle, and a farm location for the Bee Shield.  Pirate DLC added great items but story wise fell a bit short.  The Heist and GLT really delivered on all accounts.

I am curious what the re-balancing will be like.  Not sure it will be enough to pull me back.  I guess it will depend if I am engaged in another game that I am happy with. 

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2020, 06:17:15 PM »
I stopped farming for the Yellowcakes and OPQs even though the cartel event is ending in a couple of days.  I have a couple of decent Mayhem 7 versions of each and that is good enough for me.  Plus, they will probably get nerfed so why keep farming them?  I started a new character and have my new Fl4k up to lvl 20.  He's fun to play so far.  I'm just about to the vault on Promethea, so we'll see how that fight goes.

I am curious what the re-balancing will be like.  Not sure it will be enough to pull me back.  I guess it will depend if I am engaged in another game that I am happy with.
I am anxious to see what changes they make on June 4.  Hopefully more weapons are viable.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:19:58 PM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2020, 01:00:03 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow things will move in a positive direction.  Aside from making more gear viable I really hope they do something about anointments.  Aside from that I will probably wait until the next DLC that comes out.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2020, 04:21:26 PM »
See you in a few weeks then!

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2020, 10:13:50 PM »
Looks like they are delaying the patch.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Today at 11:21:42 AM »
I rather they delay it and get it right.  They have rushed some things in the past.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Today at 12:28:41 PM »
I agree.  Not a big deal to me.