Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 7900 times)

dave in the basement

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2020, 12:45:24 PM »
Congrats, Sssith!

I suggest you take up cage fighting.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2020, 01:03:51 PM »
Other games. Come back when more dlc is out

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
I am now awesome and everything is alright in my life.

Lol, but that’s not news, is it? 
“You’re the President of the United States, not somebody’s crazy uncle.” Savannah Guthrie, asking DJT about QAnon on 10/15/20

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2020, 03:48:42 PM »
Hell to the no.

;)

Well I am probably going to continue to play for a bit, especially with the re-scaling for the Takedown event coming this weekend...I think.

I am playing Amara (the siren) now.

My tentative Amara build.

No real clue about Amara.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2020, 03:35:03 PM »
I continue to play the game as the addiction has not waned yet.  Getting to the point where I am able to run the highest difficulty levels. 

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2020, 03:41:47 PM »
I have a question, why did you put over 1000 hours into BL2, but only 50 into the pre-sequel?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2020, 07:10:58 PM »
I think TPS is good but nowhere as good as BL2.  I think TPS's strongest parts are the builds that you do with the characters.  The sucky parts are the quests.  A lot of them are tedious to do.  I am more story driven build driven so TPS wasn't as interesting for me.

Bl2 >> Bl3 >>> Bl1 >> TPS

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2020, 08:21:45 PM »
interesting.   I can't remember all of BL2, but as I replayed through BL1 recently I think it has an edge over 2 for me.  Maybe the nostalgia and brick.

I find they all have maybe too many missions/side missions and its all a bit samey.    The main thing that is keeping me away from TPS is that its a time sink, and those hours could instead be used in MULTIPLE other games.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2020, 09:11:35 PM »
Just saw a sale for 45% off BL3 at Indie Gala!    only 4 months in and close to 50% off.  What will the steam launch price be .. how long before a price drop there.

Makes you wonder.  88% of less sales, or 70% of a heap more ..

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2020, 09:45:19 AM »
I find they all have maybe too many missions/side missions and its all a bit samey.    The main thing that is keeping me away from TPS is that its a time sink, and those hours could instead be used in MULTIPLE other games.

Sez the guy who still plays D2 and is going back to all the half life games.

The big flaw in BL2 is that, if you do all the missions, you have to go over the same area many times.  Story wise it is the best of them all.  I also think they nailed the itemization better than the other games.

Here is another nod to D2:

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2020, 04:22:43 PM »
one of the reasons I haven't properly played D2 in over a year.

Going back to replay favourite games, as a one off, or some people do regularly is a thing.  Its nice to see if you can find things you missed the first time, see what you forgot, maybe remind you of those things you'd shut out of your mind.  Similar to say a new movie coming out from a franchise and rewatching the previous ones to hype up and get you back in the zone.

I'm always having a few games on the fly, a mixture of:
go back to something I started and forgot about
something I started and need to get past
something brand new that I know of and want to try it.
something that I have no idea of and want to give it a show

Some examples:
Super 3d Noahs Ark (from the Wolf 3D engine), but having a blast and have more campaign to play, then replay on hard mode for more achievements.  There is an end point ahead, some replaying but I'm ok with that.

Show with your dad simulator: A bit of a joke of a game, but some fun, and if I have a few free minutes something to do to try to unlock the next content.

Cogs: puzzle game, started, lots more content to do when I'm in the mood for that genre.

I have a few various FPS games I have to finish the campaign, or just finish extra stuff, a few serious sam, Duke Nukem Forever, Black Mesa when the achievements are out,  Cod Blops 2, two other COD games to finish the campaigns. Bioshock franchise ..

The result is something such as getting to 100% in Borderlands TPS, Torchlight 2 etc is quite far down my priority list for now.  Variety is keeping me going.  I had some frustration in Duke 3d, but I've finished that content, got 100% achievements, now I've moved on happy.

Ray Patean

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2020, 09:28:51 AM »
I've been playing BL3 since launch, just haven't been posting much. Sorry!!

I took my Amara from 50 to 53 last night doing the Slaughter Shaft. She's ridiculously powerful, with the Ricochet Witch build. I was just running Mayhem 1, but large groups of mobs get crushed in 1-2 shots with my Recursion.

I also have a level 41(I think... I'm not 100%, but it's low 40's) Zane. He's been a blast. I played the story far enough to be able to equip class mods, and then went into the DLC. The "Seein' Dead" class mod is ridiculous, activating his kill skills on hit - which happens all the time when firing an SMG or AR. I love the voice lines from Zane - I like how character more than Amara, who was pretty bland IMO.

I also recently started playing Fl4k, and pushed him to the upper 20's last night. I'm using Fade Away with the rocket launcher Jabber pet. I finished the Moxxi DLC last night, and now I'm going back to Eden-6 to continue the story. Fl4k can definitely dish out some huge damage, so I'm excited to keep playing him.

I do have a level 11 Moze from when I first started the game. Killer Six has started a playthrough with her, and he's getting me excited to come back to play her. I have a couple decent class mods saved for her already, too.

I'm definitely enjoying the game still, and am really excited to hear about the second campaign DLC that's getting announced tomorrow at PAX!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2020, 10:08:54 AM »
I am in the process of taking a break.

I have three characters at max level and Zane is somewhere around level 20.

The level cap raise was a mess IMO.  Enough of a raise that that your top equipment doesn't quite cut it any more.  Not enough of a level cap raise to do a lot of new things build wise.  I started refarming some gear and decided I needed a break.

I will come back at some point to continue the journey.  Not sure if I will play with the next DLC or wait until the next level cap raise.

As for characters:
Moze: Iron Bear is actually useful now and you can do some interesting things with it.  Grenades are a problem though as they should hit a bit harder IMO.  Even worse is that not all grenades can use Vampyr which is ridonkulus IMO.  Most builds seem to focus on Destruction.  She has fun dialog, not bland.  Tough to get optimal builds at max level.

Fl4k: Also has good dialog, not bland.  Best build variety and pets are finally helpful.  Very much on the squishy side outside of a Gamma Burst build.  Needs tough anointments to really shine in end game.

Amara: Ugh. Bland annoying dialog.  Good build variety.  Probably easiest to get to top end game form.

Zane: Love the voice acting.  Least familiar with this character which is unfortunate.  Started off as the weakest and while other characters got nerfed (especially Moze) Zane got buffed.  My understanding is that this is the best character right now.

Ray Patean

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2020, 10:24:19 AM »
I'm hoping the new DLC adds something major - either a new skill tree for each character, or ideally, a new Vault Hunter to the game. That, plus a level cap bump so you can access a 2nd capstone skill would be great.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2020, 11:48:33 AM »
Now 50% off at humble! I predict 60% off before it hits steam