Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 2093 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2019, 10:40:28 AM »
Just played a mission that is an homage to Lord of the Rings.  I will not say more, other than I loved it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2019, 09:57:20 AM »
Finished my first play through.  Overall the game is really good.  The missions as a whole are better and less annoying than BL2.  That said BL2 had more quirky memorable missions.  Guns are awesome in BL3, better than in the previous games.  Character builds seems to be a work in progress at this point.  The game is significantly bigger than any of the previous games.  I almost finished at max level through one play through.  I personally like that, though I imagine some people will prefer the old way.  The game has something like paragon levels once you get through the first play through.  And something called Mayhem Mode.  I haven't bothered to figure those out yet.

As for the story it is solid.  There is one thing, a big thing, that happened in the game that I did not like and I need to experience it again to better understand if it makes sense in the bigger picture.  Despite that I thought the story was really good.  That said nothing is going to compare to Handsome Jack as a main bad guy.  The new bad guys, The Twins, are good antagonists but they don't compare to Handsome Jack.  I don't see that as a fault of the game, rather it is acknowledging how good a bad guy Handsome Jack is.

Overall I think the game is a fun time and well worth playing.  Now I need to decide if I am going to try to max out Moze or if I am going to play through other characters.  Right now I am leaning toward a Fl4k play through.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2019, 03:59:52 PM »
Screenshots from the game: https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/photo-mode-photos/3634499

Not mine. It contains spoilers.  Places you go, people you will meet, hints of things.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2019, 03:33:41 AM »
Bl3 honest trailer https://youtu.be/unLxxWMy5v4

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2019, 10:23:01 AM »
I got up to level 32 last night, and have been skipping a lot of side quests. I feel like I'm getting close to the end of the main story but I don't really know. I'm having a lot of fun though! I'll probably go back and do the side quests after, and before starting TVHM.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2019, 10:41:42 AM »
The game is longer than you might expect.  Though I think that level is a more normal place for the story to end.  I started a Fl4k play through instead of going into TVHM.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2019, 10:53:20 AM »
I am really liking my Fl4k character so far.  Maybe more so than Moze.  I love his blood thirsty attitude.  Skills seem good.

Also started the first first DLC event.  This one is free and for a limited time.  Halloween themed, and it will last until Dec 3rd.  So far it seems good enough.  I will finish it will Fl4k first and then I will do it with Moze.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2019, 02:54:53 PM »
I blocked Forbes from popping up on my google news as it only had FOMO type "get this Borderlands3 code BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS! I saw it talk of something else you could get if you also log into fortnite.

I've seen the higher priced packs get a discount, but not the base game yet on humble store.

makes you wonder if the revenue split thing is so important when less than 6 weeks after release they are already accepting less money if it means more sales

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2019, 10:10:27 AM »
I continue to play the game.  Already closing in on 100 hours.  I am about half way done with first play through with Fl4k.  I really like how he plays.  He has an early life regen skill that makes starting up with him much easier.  Bosses are still tough but I am dying less frequently to them.  Part of that is knowing how to beat the bosses and part of that is the increased tankiness of Fl4k.  Though I guess end game Moze is pretty damn tough.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2019, 10:13:34 AM »
I finished my first playthrough last night. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and will definitely play through again, and do other characters. I was a fan of Amara, her elemental skills were quite powerful.

The twins were ok as antagonists. I didn't really care for Tyreen, but I did like Troy more. I feel like the story was a little underwhelming, but that might just be because I kinda rushed through the end of it. I'll take my time going through TVHM and hit more side quests this time.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2019, 11:24:17 AM »
I think the main story is a bit underwhelming as a whole.  It is not bad, but it is not as strong as Bl2.

I am about half way done with Fl4k normal playthrough.  I will probably take him to 50 before I do Amara or Zane.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2019, 11:07:48 AM »
Back up playing.  Finished the game on Normal with my Fl4k.  Now about 1/3rd done with TVHM and I am level 49.  That means I am very close to end game content and farming which will be nice.  It is nice to play a character that is good against bosses.  I might have to tweak the build to be less squishy but when I use the right equipment he shreds the bosses.  Just did the Captain Traunt.  First attempt struggled and ultimately died.  Switched to a shock weapon then next time and I wrecked him in about 20 seconds.  For the record this is in Mayhem Mode 1.  Once I get to the Floating Tomb I will probably spend a bit of time to farm a Lyuda, which again, is the best sniper in the game. (Technically in BL2 the best was the Pimpernel.  Lyuda was the best without in the base game.).

My goal now to 100% all areas.  After that I might take another break from the game.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2019, 11:28:02 AM »
About 50% done with TVHM and 100%ing areas.  My Fl4k is max level and curb stomping bosses.  Mobbing is a bit more difficult.  Right now only playing Mayhem 1.  I hope to eventually take that up to 3 at least. 

For those of you who like lots of 1337 gear: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fkCwu0zeX1BBGcNEzWGZDr2kQ0IOPSoZQK2FD-zpw1M/htmlview?sle=true

Hopefully that will get you looking forward to the release on PC.  (need to ignore that epic store thing)