Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 1210 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2019, 09:52:25 AM »
I get that.  I have a couple of friends who want to MP the game and they only have PS4.  Otherwise, I would be waiting with you.

So here are some of the things that are confirmed at this point.

-Gore is back. Death animations, blood and gore appears to be back at a level comparable to BL1
-We can now slide by hitting the crouch key while sprinting.
-We can now pull ourselves up ledges that are slightly too tall to jump up to.
-Not all quests or missions are initiated by an NPC. Some of these started automatically when locating a specific enemy, item, or location.
-Vehicles are far more customizable and can have their performance tuned. Some of these options appear to unlock by bringing a vehicle with the option on it to a catch a ride station.
-You can hijack enemy vehicles by mounting it and throwing out the driver
-Tediore weapons have numerous different effects on reload which are listed on their item card
-Atlas weapons appear to only home in on tagged targets if the bullet gets within a certain distance of the marked target.
-Dahl burst fire mode appears to variable determined on weapon spawn with the round burst count listed on the weapon card.
-Legendary item drops have a taller light marker and appear to play a chime when they drop. Also they appear to leave an icon on the mini map but not the main map in the echo menu.
-There is a function of sorts that allows you to claim items you may have missed so there is less worry about having the good loot fall off a cliff into oblivion.
-Customization options for action skills appear will vary for each character as the setting options for Zane and Amara were very different.
-CoV weapons appear to still utilize a clip of sorts along with overheating. It showed a bullet count that decreased with use but would regenerate when not being fired and when reaching zero there was an animation of removing a part of the weapon to reload it. Something different from when it overheated and actually caught fire.
-Instanced Loot mode will spawn items for each player at that playerís level and that each player can only see their own loot. There is also a sort of scaling for co-op so when a player much higher level joins the game they scale in some capacity to the level of the host though that player will see the enemies shown at their own level. They stated these features can be disabled by playing in classic mode.
-Environment appears to have more interaction now. Pieces of covering terrain can be broken. Puddles of oil can be ignited. Iím not sure if shock does extra bad things to enemies in water as I didnít see any streamers test it.
-SDU upgrades appear to be bought with normal cash like in BL1. It also appears Eridium is still in game as a currency but so hasnít been shown used to buy anything that Iíve seen so far.
-Eridium drops from powerful enemies, but you can also earn some by completing challenges.
-At long last thereís a ďrefill all ammoĒ option on vending machines and you donít have to actually enter the machineís menu to check out the Item of the Day.
-Torgue guns are no longer only explosive, they can come in other elements.
-Each character is confirmed to have three different Action Skills (one for each tree) and they can activate two of them simultaneously.
-ammo/health etc. auto-pickup also works with stuff in opened containers now
-If enemies have a weapon that is cool you can get it when you kill them.

If I find out more of this type of stuff are you guys even interested?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2019, 10:21:57 AM »
I thought you wanted me to work on my assignment? Why are you asking me questions?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2019, 10:35:16 AM »
You took the time to reply but not to answer?

GET BACK TO WORK SLACKER.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2019, 05:47:23 AM »
I've gotten sucked back into Borderlands big time with the announcement of 3! I have only played on Xbox until recently (I bought Borderlands 1 for less than $10 the day before the GOTY edition released, so I could go the free upgrade).

How often does the Handsome Collection go on sale on Steam? I really don't want to play $60 for it, when it gets down to $15 on console.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2019, 04:04:23 PM »
Recently handsome was 92% off I had only wanted 2 dlcs for presequel but was cheaper to get 50dlcs instead.

Ray Patean

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »
Dang - I wish I had seen it then!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 12:10:34 AM »
The Handsome Collection is often available for 15.  I imagine it will hit that in the summer sale.

I played BL1 through normal on Brick.  I am now level 40 with Zero in TVHM.  I am trying to get through TVHM as quickly as possible.  The march to 72 is the tricky one.

Lego

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:31:57 PM by Lego »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2019, 11:46:41 PM »
Pitchford is an idiot.  No denying that.  That is two voice talents that they lost in BL3.  Sad.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2019, 11:20:10 PM »
I just can't support anything from this clown.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-3-gearbox-boss-calls-original-claptrap/1100-6466667/

https://twitter.com/davideddings/status/1125565283924574208

The more I hear about Pitchford, the less I like him.  Its almost as if he is taking on some of the personality defects of the main enemies in the game.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2019, 01:40:04 PM »
He has always been an amoral asshat.

An example of this is how Gearbox handled Alien Colonial Marines.  They got hired by Sega to make the game taking their money.  Gearbox immediately subcontracted the game to another developer because they were more focused on Borderlands 2.   After ignoring that game they then realize that the other developer screwed the pooch.  Gearbox tried to save the game but failed utterly.  But then they put together footage that made the game seem playable.  Yeah...Pitchford is a grade a tool.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2019, 10:07:42 AM »
NEW DLC!

Wooo.

Did I say new FREE DLC?!

WOOO HOOO!

Well, it is free until July 8th, so go getz it nowz.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-06-09-free-now-commander-lilith-dlc/

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2019, 01:43:55 PM »
Ah shit. What was a perfect 100% game. Now need 6 more achievements

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2019, 01:56:48 PM »
Awww....I feel bad for you.

NOT!

It is going to be GLORIOUS!

Can't wait to dust off my Maya and slam some new content!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2019, 02:29:30 PM »
This https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/byrcby/is_haderax_the_invincible_hard_me/

So if you have tonnes of the best gear, a highest level character and know the strategy, plus luck you can beat it

Cool story