Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 7291 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2020, 11:18:05 AM »
I finished the DLC and it was ok.  Sadly the weakest of the four and I wasn't thrilled with the ending.  Overall it felt like there was a clear vision of how to handle the story.  Almost as if the story was driven by a brainstorming session and the parts didn't really fit together.  By the end of it, I was heartily sick of Tannis. The first part of the story Meh.  The second part was good if a little unsatisfying.  The third part was good but very predictable.  So overall I would say the DLC was a bit disappointing.  I had high hopes and that probably is playing into my assessment.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 13, 2020, 08:12:58 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts on it.  That sounds like most of the reviews I have seen so far.  I haven't started it yet.  I finished normal with Zane and am now to Promethea in TVHM.  I will probably take a break from him and just go ahead and do the DLC with either Flak or Amara.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 19, 2020, 05:07:55 PM »
I'm 2/3 of the way through the Krieg DLC.  Only comment so far is the bosses have WAY too much life.  It takes forever to kill them.  Not fun.  Also, I hate mayhem modifiers.  On Mayhem 10 they just suck.  I wish they would just remove them, or reduce them.  Not fun.  They do not add anything to the game.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 05:09:48 PM by mn4nu »

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2020, 08:00:19 PM »
I just finished it.  M10, with mostly underpowered lvl 60 weapons.  What a slog. The bosses took so long to kill, they were total bullet sponges.  Worst of the 4 DLCs, but it wasn't terrible.  My favorite part was probably the 3rd zone where you fight loaders a lot.  It reminded me of BL2, so that's probably why I liked it.  Now to get lvl 65 versions of my favorite weapons.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2020, 11:21:38 PM »
I went through with Moze on M10.  If you haven't tried a Ragin' Bear build I think they are great.  A bit underrated IMO.  I spend most of my time in IB which seems appropriate.  There are some new torgue weapons in the DLC that did good damage.  You just have to keep it on Sticky mode.  The gun is underwhelming in the normal mode, but in sticky mode it runs well.  Other than that I mainly used my level 60 Flippers which were still great. 

I hate the timed aiming challenge in the DLC.  Absolutely loathed it, and didn't finish.  Do they not know how much of a pain in the ass it is to aim with a controller.  Again.  NOT FUN.  BL3 does some things really well, but when they miss the mark they really miss the mark.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 21, 2020, 06:20:32 AM »
I did all those "signal to noise" challenges, but some were a real PITA.  I took me a few tries to some of them.  You'd probably have better luck with those on the PC.  Your comment about the flipper was similar to what I did.  I used my lvl 60 light show and flipper for about 80% or more of the DLC.  The bosses were just not fun on M10.  Doing the same thing over and over for 10 or 15 minutes while you chip away at health bar just sucks.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 22, 2020, 07:35:47 PM »
Holy crap the Hellwaker is really good right now.  It got a big damage buff recently and I just found one so I tried it out.  Yep, it is good.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2020, 10:42:42 AM »
It is tough to keep track of what weapons are good.  I have never really used the Hellwalker before.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »
I'm playing through the Krieg DLC again with Flak.  It's so much easier with Flak than with Amara.  I'm using the same weapons as Amara did too, lvl 60 stuff.  I had no problem with the Castle Crimson episode with Flak.  The bosses weren't a problem at all.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 28, 2020, 10:50:13 AM »
That is pretty interesting.  Amara has been top dog for so long interesting that I didn't have a tough time using Moze, and you Fl4k, but Amara had issues.