Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 6127 times)

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2020, 05:18:04 PM »
Yeah, I read that today too.  Hopefully they fix it soon.  I still play in M7.  That's just fine for me.  Maybe someday I'll bump it up to M10.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2020, 06:46:03 PM »
And people are clamoring that IB is too strong. lol

The problem with scaling weapon damage on enemies is that we don't have scaling healing/shields/hp.  The enemies do have those things.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2020, 10:57:48 AM »
I just finished BoB (Bounty of Blood: DLC3).  Overall this was really excellent.  Especially considering that it did not rely on pre-existing characters.  Good story, if somewhat unremarkable.  Great environments, fun side quests.  Great pacing.  The last one I think is undervalued.  The Pirates DLC in BL2 is a good example of this because by the end it was a little tedious.  Even Tiny Tina suffered a bit with the pacing.  BoB was tight, kept moving forward at a reasonable pace.  The guns in the BoB are fun also.  I guess the power creep is to be expected as it is one of the things that draws people to buy the DLC.  Lastly the main bad guy was good and didn't devolve into ridiculousness which can sometimes happen.  So far GB is 3 for 3 with the DLCs.  No regrets getting the Deluxe version of the game given the content that has been delivered.  On the whole the three DLCs are stronger than the main game.  Now I will continue on my way to 100% all the achievements in the new DLC.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2020, 05:02:30 PM »
Congrats on finishing and I'm glad you liked it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2020, 10:58:29 AM »
I finished 100%ing the BoB Dlc with Moze.  While I was doing that I fought the Ruiner a bunch of time and got three of the four new heads.  Only one missing is Zane.  Then I worked on getting some Old God Shields, I now have a bunch.  I wanted one in each element and managed all of them except fire.  Given that this was mainly for Moze I was pretty pissed that there was no fire one.  I completed a couple of the proving grounds on M10 which was nice.  Good hard fights.  I then went to the Maliwan Takedown.  I first tried on M6 to see how I could do.  My previous best was completing in it on M1.  I completed the Takedown without too much fuss, so I was happy.  For giggles I tried it on M10.  That was much tougher, and the sad part is that I almost made it.  I died when Wotan throws up the second shield.  Given how long it took me to get there I decided not too bother trying again.

At this point I switched over to my Zane who is the only Vault hunter who hadn't finished the game.  I abandoned him level 37 right be for killing Tyreen.  I promptly took care of that mistake.  This is the VH that I call SsspinalTap, because he never turns in the Fuse quest.  I love seeing all the spines pop-out of COVs when I kill them.  For what it is worth I can confirm that Tyreen does not have a spine.  No surprise there.  I have since moved on to TVHM and I am having fun leveling up Zane.  I just got to Promethea.  My goal is to get to sixty and switch to completing the the three DLCs with Zane.  It is fun to just be questing.  Pity that we will not be getting any new Vault Hunters, and I am having fun questing.  The end game for BL3 is not so engaging for me.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 13, 2020, 07:15:10 PM »
Congrats on all you did with Moze, and I hope you have fun with Zane.  You are right about the end game, there really isn't one.  I'm currently doing the other 2 DLCs  with Flak.  I'm doing the Hammerlock one now to get the Pearl.  Almost done with it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2020, 01:02:04 PM »
So my Zane is lvl 60 and happily cruising on M10.  The clone/drone build, which is the new meta, is ridiculous.  My job as the player is to swap places with the clone to get him into the right place to kill everything.  And kill everything he does.  Ridiculous.  Not necessarily the most fun play style.  Right now my best weapons are pistols and I run out of ammo.  The clone, nope, infinite ammo.  So I run out of ammo and then proceed to survive by popping the clone and having him do all the work. Ridiculous.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2020, 02:21:01 PM »
I might have to try Zane now!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2020, 11:12:03 AM »
Pretty big patch today.  They killed a lot of useless and little used anointments. Hopefully this means that it will be easier to get a hold of the ones that are good.  If that is the case it might be a good time to farm certain weapons.  Also big changes loot pools and some nebulous remarks about how certain things were fixed for Moze and Zane.  They suspiciously sound like nerfs.  Time will tell.  Ties that Bind was also addressed.  Nerf?

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-3-patch-and-hotfix-07-23-2020/4542108

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj52aM5TmoE&feature=emb_logo

I will be beyond pissed if Iron Bear and Clone are not working well in M10.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2020, 07:24:50 PM »
Oooh, thanks for that news Geoff.  I will have to see what got changed.  I hope they fixed vehicle damage.  They can't damage anything in Mayhem levels.

EDIT:  Just read through the notes and THANK GOD they got rid of all those crappy anointments.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:48:46 PM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2020, 10:56:00 AM »
So Zane is fine.  They undid the craziness that was going on with Drone and OPQ but the drone by itself is fine.  Moze, by all accounts, is still raking with Iron Bear.  Probably the biggest nerf is the to weapons that were spawning extra projectiles with elemental damage.  The recursion in particular has been neutered. This has a lot of Amara players feeling mad because the Recursion build is dead.  I have little pity for Amara players, despite the fact that I played her character to the end.  They have had it really good for so long and it is not like there aren't plenty of other builds for her that still slay everything.  I honestly have always felt that what was happening was a bug, but GB left it in so long that they felt it was supposed to be that way.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2020, 01:59:04 PM »
I finished all the DLCs with Flak.  I bumped the difficulty up to M10, since M7 was almost too easy.  I am now farming for M10 versions of the light show, gargoyle, flipper, and complex root for both Flak and Amara.  Those are easily my 4 favorite weapons at this time.  The gargoyle was just insane how it destroyed armored enemies in the Moxxi DLC.  Eventually I want to start playing Zane since I found a couple of Seein' Dead class mods in the Moxxi DLC.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2020, 10:37:46 AM »
My only problem with the gargoyle is that it chews through ammo.  The weapons you mentioned are all really good.  Sadly there are too few weapons that cut it at M10.  I finished the BoB DLC with Zane and I am on my through GLT.  I found my first One Shotter shield.  I will have to figure out where to use it.  There is a Facepunch build for Moze that I might try with it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2020, 10:57:58 AM »
My Zane has completed TVHM. I have now done this with all of the VHs. Favorite VH is Moze, though Fl4k was a close second, and Zane not far behind that. While Amara was powerful, I was annoyed that the ability that I enjoyed using the most was grasping. Which I felt shouldn’t have been one of her abilities. That ability belongs to Maya. Fl4k was the VH with which I 100% completed the game. The only thing I haven’t done in the game is Guardian Takedown. Eventually I will get around to trying it.

Zane’s reward for completing his TVH run?

Somehow that seems appropriate. [That is a Woodblocker Sniper.  Very common and pretty crappy.  Also only one item in the chest is pretty crappy.  Not that I needed five other useless items.]

Not sure what I will do next. I have a nice 50%/150% Rad Flipper that I could run around with on Moze. Thrown on a Green Monster and that would probably wreck. Fire/Shock/Rad/Corrosive all at once (I forget if the flipper has shock mode)? The other thing I would like to do with Moze is run around with a facepuncher .

I will certainly play the next DLC when it comes out. Overall I think I have gotten my money’s worth with this game. I have about 450 hours in the game with the most time on Moze and Fl4k. I think that works out to about $0.22 an hour. Not too bad a deal.