Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 5350 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2020, 10:35:59 AM »
Congrats on TVHM for Amara.  Maybe when the next DLC comes out I will pick up Zane and try to get him through to the end.  He is the only one who hasn't completed the game, much less TVHM.   The other three get to hang out at the TVHM Bar and make fun of him.

I haven't even looked in on the new Takedown.  I would start on M1 and just get a feel for it.  When there was only four level of Mayhem I finished Maliwan take down in Normal and then M1.  I never succeeded any higher.

Did you see that there are lots of rumors going around that they are going to release a fourth skill tree for each vault hunter.  It is an interesting idea but I hope they fix and stabilize everything before they attempt that.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2020, 01:30:29 PM »
Getting all 4 characters through TVHM would be pretty cool, so good luck finishing up Zane!  I have not heard about the 4th skill tree.  I agree with you that they have a lot of other stuff to fix before adding that.  Plus, if they add another tree it will probably mess with the game balance, so they will probably have to change things again.  It seems like an endless cycle.

I've got my Fl4k up to lvl 45 in TVHM now.  I just finished the Athenas part of the story, so I've still got a long ways to go with him.  I switched over from Rakk attack to the Skag pet and Gamma Burst, and it seems to be doing pretty well for me.  I am playing at Mayhem 2 now after running Gigamind a little bit for some better gear.  I'm looking forward to finishing TVHM with this guy and switching up the build as needed to try different things out.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2020, 01:49:01 PM »
I've run all three main builds of Fl4k.  Gamma burst was pretty tanky, if you are using Red Fang COM.  Rak Attack was probably my main one and seemed like a nice mix of DPS and sustain.  I used Fade Away and it was all DPS.  Supposedly that is one of main build right now.  The trick being to maximize cool down so you have Fade Away up as much as possible.  They finally fixed Head Count so you should be able to use that to get back into Fade Away.  In Fade Away you are pretty safe, but out of it you are the Glass Canon.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 10:56:22 AM by mn4nu »

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2020, 07:53:35 PM »
They fixed weapons found in chests.  While leveling up Flak I just got a conference call at Mayhem level 2 from a chest.  Previously everything from a chest was Mayhem 0.  Also, I just got a unique grenade from  a mob that shows as mayhem lvl 2.  So it seems like they may have fixed grenades to do more damage.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »
I'm nearly at lvl 60 with Flak.  I'm close to finishing the story in TVHM with him, but still have a little ways to go.  I have been using some of my stashed lvl 57 gear saved up from playing Amara.  Pretty soon all that stuff is going to be trash thanks to the new level cap.  I will probably start the new DLC  once I finish the main story with Flak.  I've also got to get him the pearl relic from the 2nd DLC.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2020, 10:44:47 AM »
I am away from my PS4 so it will be a while before I can get to this.

Scaling grenade damage is good news for Moze.

I am looking forward to hearing what you think of the new DLC.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 03, 2020, 01:35:04 PM »
I'm playing the new DLC with Flak on Mayhem 2, which is easy, but I wanted to get through it a little quicker.  So far I like the DLC.  I have no idea how far I have to go, but I have been to 3 different zones now.  I just found a Light Show pistol and it is amazing.  This lvl 60 Mayhem 2 version of it (with no anointment) is killing things just as fast or faster than the lvl 57 Mayhem 7 OPQ I've been using.  I can't wait to get a nicely rolled Mayhem 7 version of it for my Amara.

EDIT:  I just finished it.  I thought it was pretty good.  About the same as the other two as far as likability for me, but I think this one has some better weapons in it than the other two.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:02:44 PM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2020, 04:07:07 PM »
Good to hear.  I am about to get things going again.  I am hoping to take my Moze and roll through the new content.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 06, 2020, 11:07:52 AM »
Jumped into my Moze and got to Lvl 60 quickly by killing claptraps.  I respec'd my build to be Iron Bear centric using the Ragin' Bear mod, boy does he rake.  That said I am feeling very squishy out side of IB.  The way that I am spec'd it does not take too long to get IB back. 

I started the new DLC and I really like the environments.  Not too far into it at this point.  I will continue until I get 100% achievement for it.  I picked up a Gargoyle pistol.  Right now my mail go to weapon, even though it chews through ammo.  It has been a while since I played and I am trying to figure out what equipment is worth having at level sixty.  If I can increase my survivability  outside of IB I might try running at M10, right now I am at M7.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 11:12:51 AM by Sssith »

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 06, 2020, 11:14:36 AM »
I've almost finished the DLC with Amara at Mayhem 7.  It's harder than when I did it with Flak (obvious since that was on M2), but really it's not bad at all.  The new weapons are just great.  I plan on using mostly these new weapons from now on.

Amazingly, the OPQ my Amara was using (lvl 57, M7) is still quite effective vs lvl 60+ enemies in Mayhem 7, so I will keep that gun.  However, I have to sell pretty much everything else that was in my bank now to make room for the new lvl 60 stuff I am finding.  That includes the yellow cakes, which kind of suck now.

I hope you like the DLC as much as I have.  The Gargoyle is definitely a damage dealer.  Wait until you get a Light Show, Flipper, and Complex Root.  Heck, the Beacon is a solid weapon too.  So many good new guns from this DLC.  Good luck!

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 06, 2020, 06:43:48 PM »
I just finished the DLC with Amara.  The end fight was much tougher.  Now I'm going to try to find all the crew challenges and do the side quests for all the zones.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2020, 11:45:55 AM »
I am rolling through the DLC on M10.

Iron Bear is a bit overpowered.  But I am slowly collecting M10 loot.  Outside of IB I don't survive that long.  Maybe that will change as I get better gear but I somehow doubt it.

I just finished the baths area.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 09, 2020, 11:53:43 AM »
Just got to the third, and final?, area of DLC 3.  M10 is a bit unbalanced.  So many weapons seem to do zero damage against enemies.  Another thing that is unbalanced with shield/health.  I am finding that M10 enemies just rip through my defenses.  When I fight outside of IB I do most of it in FFYL, which is a crazy way to go through the game.  I definitely need to improve my gear but M10 doesn't seem right from my M10 novice view point.  Last point on this topic is this was not the case in M6-7.  So I think it is more a scaling issue than me out-right sucking.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 09, 2020, 04:20:36 PM »
Just found out that enemy damage is now scaling with mayhem levels.  This is not by design and it is what is leading to the experience that I am having.