Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 7909 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2020, 09:34:04 PM »
Moze!

I don't like her nearly as much as I liked Gaige, but it's hard to argue with pink stompybot.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2020, 09:03:05 AM »
The gameplay of 3 is fantastic. The story, not so much. The first DLC did improve on that, which was nice to see. I hope the 2nd DLC keeps up with that improvement.

I've gotten my Fl4k to level 39, and am almost done with the main story. I'll activate Mayhem mode, and head over to the DLC to level up for a while. I switched my build around from using Fade Away (and the green tree) to Rakk Attack (and the orange tree) and it seems more powerful. I'm crushing bad asses and bosses. Having a couple near-level Lob shotguns helps...

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2020, 09:14:12 AM »
R4k attack is pretty good and versatile.

I really enjoyed the Moxxie DLC.  IMO it was top notch all the way through.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2020, 08:38:56 AM »
What version of the game did all you guys get?  Super Deluxe for the season pass?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2020, 08:44:12 AM »
I have the super deluxe.  With Bl2 I ended up paying too much.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2020, 02:37:15 PM »
I can't decide if I should buy the SD version right now, or if I should wait.  I am leaning towards just getting it now, mainly since it looks fun as hell and it is 50% off.  If I waited, do you think there would be more content included with the game besides the 4 DLCs?  I don't care about cosmetics/skins/etc, just new content.  If I won't miss out on that at a later by buying it now, I think I will just get it now.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2020, 03:36:35 PM »
Yes there will be non cosmetic stuff beyond season pass

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2020, 03:49:40 PM »
I am not clear on this point.  Looking at the content at Amazon it seems that only the DLCs are the add on for the SD version.  No mention of other content. 

edit: DLCs are generally $15 bucks a pop.  So if you think you are going to play them it might be worth it.  At some point in the future, they will bundle everything together but before that, I wonder if the DLC will go on sale.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:55:52 PM by Sssith »

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2020, 04:05:24 PM »
They have past form of doing it. And wanting $ $ $ eg epic exclusive for take2/randy

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2020, 04:23:24 PM »
On Steam for about another 20 hrs or so, the base game is $30 and the super deluxe version (base game, some cosmetic crap, and season pass) is $50.  I don't care about the deluxe version ($40) because it just adds the cosmetics to the base game.  It seems like it comes down to paying an extra $20 to get 4 DLCs.  I think it seems like a pretty good deal, especially since I know I will spend hundreds of hrs on this game.

Do you guys remember how they handled it when in BL2 they added Gaige, Krieg, and raised level caps?  Did you have to pay to get those, or was it just added to the game you already had?

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2020, 04:34:12 PM »
What version of the game did all you guys get?  Super Deluxe for the season pass?

I got the base version. There's nothing in the DLC that tempts me right now, and the season pass will go on some stupid cheap sale at some point later. Besides which, if BL2 is anything to go by, the DLC will be one good one you can just buy on its own and a bunch of shitty ones you'd rather ignore.

On Steam for about another 20 hrs or so, the base game is $30 and the super deluxe version (base game, some cosmetic crap, and season pass) is $50.  I don't care about the deluxe version ($40) because it just adds the cosmetics to the base game.  It seems like it comes down to paying an extra $20 to get 4 DLCs.  I think it seems like a pretty good deal, especially since I know I will spend hundreds of hrs on this game.

Do you guys remember how they handled it when in BL2 they added Gaige, Krieg, and raised level caps?  Did you have to pay to get those, or was it just added to the game you already had?

Pretty sure you always had/have to pay for Gaige, Krieg, and the level cap increase. I don't think they were ever added to the base game. If the steam store page is any indication, this is still true. (edit: well they are in the GOTY version I guess)

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2020, 04:48:12 PM »
Thanks for all the information!

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2020, 10:01:21 AM »
I bought the super deluxe version. One thing to mention about the Moxxi DLC is that if you want to play Zane, his best class mod is only available in that DLC. It's what brought him from ok to bring a top tier Vault Hunter.

I have been farming scrap traps on Mayhem 1 for a while now with my Breath of the Dying. Holy crap is that a strong weapon now! The balls it releases when you kill an enemy are insane! I down myself 4-5 times a run because of them, but the scrap traps are easy to kill so it's not an issue. I got to level 47 last night running that and a couple rounds of the Slaughter Shaft. I'll hit 53 tonight, hopefully, and then turn to leveling Moze!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2020, 10:27:27 AM »
They have said that they won't add any new vault hunters in BL3.  If true that would be unfortunate.  In BL2 they were separate purchases I believe as was the level cap increase.

Farming Scrap Traps?  Is this something new.

I play a bit yesterday for a bit and I ran into something new.  Power Rangers of some sort that when I killed them they drop legendaries.

edit:  The Power Rangers is an Easter Egg that I never got until now.  They have been in the game since the beginning.  Fun!  I wonder what other ones I have missed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:29:56 AM by Sssith »

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2020, 10:32:31 AM »
I saw Joltzdude do it, and Killer Six. Once you activate Mayhem Mode, everything scales to your level, so you get lots of enemies that are easy to kill and give decent xp. It's a quick, easy farm and can be reset without having to save/quit. It's awesome for console, with the slower loading times.