Author Topic: Skyrim Again  (Read 54 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Skyrim Again
« on: August 22, 2019, 10:31:37 PM »
So I am installing Skyrim.  It is the new special edition, whatever that means.

Questions:
  • I hate modding.  What is the bare minimum that I need to figure out in order to make the game look good? 4k.
  • I don't even remember the class I played the first time.  Is there some unusual, fun, path that I should try?
  • I know that there are some annoying aspects of this game.  But I forget what they are, though I am going to guess inventory management.  Any tips to minimize this?

Other general pointers welcome.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim Again
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »
I haven't played or installed Skyrim in a few years now so I can't really help much. But this I know:

• I hate modding.  What is the bare minimum that I need to figure out in order to make the game look good? 4k.

Make sure you pay attention to which version of Skyrim a particular mod is for. Mods for the older edition are not necessarily compatible with the Special Edition.

• I don't even remember the class I played the first time.  Is there some unusual, fun, path that I should try?

Sneaky archer is the most popular build ever.

Personally, I'm a fan of battlemages. Big 2h swords and some fun magic. In sturdy heavy armor.

• I know that there are some annoying aspects of this game.  But I forget what they are, though I am going to guess inventory management.  Any tips to minimize this?

Uh... mods?

Anyway, THIS HERE is the definitive guide to getting a full modded Skyrim set up with all the possible eyecandy and everything you could ever want. It's time-consuming but if you follow the steps and do it all in order, properly, you ended up with a gorgeous and stable heavily modded game.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim Again
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 11:40:14 AM »
Sneaky archer is the most popular build ever.

Now that you say this I do believe I was an archer in my first playthrough.

Personally, I'm a fan of battlemages. Big 2h swords and some fun magic. In sturdy heavy armor.

What school of magic works well with two handed weapons?  I have just started and I am leaning toward Assassin.  Sneak-stab-sneak-stab.

Uh... mods?

Anyway, THIS HERE is the definitive guide to getting a full modded Skyrim set up with all the possible eyecandy and everything you could ever want. It's time-consuming but if you follow the steps and do it all in order, properly, you ended up with a gorgeous and stable heavily modded game.

Lol...that is hardly straight forward.  I notice that the new version of the game has modding built in.  At this point I am using that, though I imagine it is much more limited.  I grabbed some upgraded textures and the unofficial patch.  So far that is it.