Author Topic: Games to look at on PC  (Read 468 times)

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Games to look at on PC
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2019, 07:22:47 AM »
i would appreciate those suggestions! just finished the main story on normal. not sure about playing to UVHM.

My recommendation for starting UVHM is as follows.

1) Try to start below lvl 50 if you can.
2) Get as much gear equivalent to your level as you can from farming the red chest at the end of Hero's Pass just before the entry to the Vault of the Warrior. This is an easy farm, as you can save and quit at the start of the vault of the warrio, then immediately transition back to Hero's Pass next to the chest, open it, take any decent loot, go back to the Vault, save and quit then rinse and repeat.

3) Get to Sanctuary by following the story quest only and ignoring all side quests. Get as much level gear appropriate stuff as you can from using golden keys at the chest in sanctuary.

4) Start farming the Marcus Mercenary final boss for loot and get yourself to level 52 in the process, at which point a wide range of legendaries will start to appear.

5) Once you have a few class appropriate legendaries proceed through the main storyline, returning to the Marcus Mercenary day to farm new legendaries every three levels or so.

6) I also advise watching a video guide on how to farm the Lyuada in The Dust early on, as this legendary weapon can be a huge help to any class.

7) After level 52, start the Tiny Tina DLC and get to the Forest zone, then start farming the ents in the forest for the Bee shield.

edit: i dipped a toe into the tiny tina stuff as per the rec above, and promptly started getting 1-shot by creatures. gear/lvl problems, i assume.

The skeleton mobs in the Tiny Tina DLC are really tough and I think the whole DLC is pretty tough at TVHM difficulty.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 12:16:18 PM »
Good advice from Darkness.  I have never managed to get to UVHM below 50.  In TVHM you do the minimum to get through it all and into UVHM.  Tiny Tina is really tough in the beginning especially those stupid bone archers.  Once you get past them it does get a little better.

I am not clear on your level and character info would be good.  I think the important thing to remember is that in UVHM the monsters always scale to your level.  This is good because you can continue to farm the same monster as you level up and their drops will continue to be (mostly) on level.  Drops can be within three levels of your level, except for during Marcus Mercenary Day, where they are always your level.  This is one of many reasons why this is a brilliant place to farm.

As for the order of play through you should remember that some quests/areas cannot be run over and over.  An example of this is the mission in the Pirate DLC that rewards you the Sandhawk (there are hacks around this).  The Sandhawk is a reward for a mission.  Once you get it you can't get it again unless you reset the all your progress in UVHM.  So the level you play a DLC is very important.  So there are two main strategies for playing the DLCs.  One is just to play it for fun and enjoy story/content.  The other is to wait until you are max level to run so you can get certain weapons/rewards at max level.

About the DLCs:
1- Tiny Tina is the best one.  Best story.  Some really good weapon rewards as well as areas that you can farm over and over.  The Bee shield is worth farming.  I recommend doing the DLC and getting to the Forest and farming a Bee Shield.  Then finishing the DLC after you get to level 72.  Another amazing weapon is a Torg shotgun in the beginning of the DLC.  It is not an end game weapon but if you get it will help you level up to level 72. 
2- Pirate DLC -  This one has two of the best weapons in the game.  They are both bound to quests so can only be farmed once per play through.  Recommendation is to do this at level 72.  There is a hack to replay those missions if you choose to go down that path.  The Leviathan at the end of the DLC is a really tough monster and has a treasure room that can (technically) only be opened once per play through.  Again there are ways around that.
3- Torg DLC - The main thing of note is that Pyro Pete's Bar is a great way to level up.  Has ok random drops and can be played over and over.  Trog DLC is pretty fun over all.
4- Mr. Hammerlock DLC - mostly Meh.

Another thing to do in the beginning is to farm Savage Lee and get Unkempt Harold.  Probably one of the most powerful guns in the game and easy to farm.

The other main add on is Marcus' Mercenary Day which has already been mentioned.  Really helpful for getting weapons on your level.

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 01:40:01 PM »
thanks for the advice.

playing axton, just ticked over to level 38.

decided to wait on the DLC, and push through tvhm as fast as possible.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Darkness

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 09:26:01 AM »
Oh yes and get the BL2 community patch installed. It vastly improves the game, making all sorts of fixes to items and what not so a broader range of legendaries are useable. It also makes things like the Sandhawk and the Pimpernell farmable from certain mini-bosses, so you don't need to use back-up saves to make them farmable.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 09:44:46 AM »
The patch is pretty seamless.  Just need to remember to activate it.