Author Topic: Games to look at on PC  (Read 467 times)

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
Games to look at on PC
« on: February 14, 2019, 08:19:03 PM »
So I haven't payed attention to PC gaming in over a decade. Had my MacBook, and before that ran Linux for a long time. So, to say I'm out of the loop is an understatement.
Any recommendations on games I should look out for? I already know I'm getting Skyrim and Monster Hunter World. Other than that, I'm clueless.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Games to look at on PC
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 09:08:16 PM »
Got a few minutes while at the airport. Try ďdo you still shower with your dad simulator 2015Ē a real game btw

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 09:29:29 PM »
ohmygosh I HAVE SO MANY SUGGESTIONS!!!!!11!1!!!

Alas, I also have to go to bed in like 2 minutes. But I'll try to put together a list tomorrow while I'm bored out of my mind at work, and then post it when I get home. STAY TUNED!

Sssith

• Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 09:53:29 AM »
Borderlands 2.  Get the Handsome collection.  It goes on sale all the time.
Tomb Raider series was rebooted and the first game in particular is just awesome.
Walking Dead from Tell Tale.  One of my all time favorite games.
I'm pretty sure you have played Mass Effect, but you did say the last decade.
Fallout 3 & 4 and Fallout: Las Vegas
BioShock 1,2,3
Portal 2
Alien: Isolation
Life is Strange
XCom
Witcher 3
Far Cry 3
Batman Arkahm Asylum
Dead Space 1,2,3
The Talos Principle
Dishonored
Spec Ops: The Line

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 02:34:51 PM »
Good luck finding walking dead in discount now the dev is gone bust

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 02:49:55 PM »
Speak of the devil  Borderlands on sale: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8133/Borderlands_The_Handsome_Collection/ $15
Also: https://store.steampowered.com/app/409710/BioShock_Remastered/ Bioshock -- all three game $17

As for Walking Dead I see the page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/The_Walking_Dead/  no clue on price as I own it already.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 03:19:02 PM »
As for Walking Dead I see the page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/The_Walking_Dead/  no clue on price as I own it already.

There is no price because you can't buy it anymore from Steam.

Games not already mentioned by Sssith (all of which are good except Fallout New Vegas):

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - one of the most visually and aurally impressive games I've ever played. An amazing story and a brilliant handling of schizophrenia. The actress for Senua (Melina Jurgens) won a bazillion awards and deserved every single one. She wasn't even supposed to be the actress. She was a sound engineer for the game who filled in as a place holder while they looked for an actual actress. They liked her so much, she kept the job. And the sound job. But this game, holy shit. So good. This was my GOTY for 2017.

Prey (the new one, not the old one by the same name) - this is just really, really good. You'll never trust a coffee cup again.

Resident Evil remakes (RE1, RE2) are on Steam

State of Decay for being one of the best zombie apoc games made

Sunset Overdrive for sheer crazy fun

Shadows: Awakening is a cool ARPG with some nifty mechanics - you're a demon who absorbs the souls of other people and can then take on those bodies, with all of their abilities and personalities... it's like a party-based RPG with one character

Saints Row 4 is redonkulous good times. Be a superhero crime boss president and save the world. Or fail to save the world. But have a blast in the meantime.

Grim Dawn - dude, if you like Diablo 2 or Titan Quest, this is better.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - mechanically, nothing to write home about, but it has some amazing storytelling stuff going on, and it's pretty as fuck. Plays like a single-player MMO.

Elex - Eurojanky RPG with a cool setting and lots of interesting stuff. Magic + tech + medieval weapons/armor all in one.

Far Cry Primal - be a caveman. Ride a saber-toothed tiger into battle. The best of the Far Cry games. Also can often be found really cheap.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - this is the single best party-based RPG ever made. I will fight over this. I will punch dicks over it.

Dishonored - amazing stealth (or not) dude-murdering simulator in a sorta-steampunky setting. Lots of super fun powers to abuse.

CrossCode - wow, just wow. This was an unexpected gem. Old school graphics, amazing game.

To The Moon - short game. An unforgettable experience to be had. This will jerk all the tears and make you think really hard about some things.

Euro Truck Simulator - no, really. This is just really good fun. Put on your favorite tunes (or crank up a German hard rock station) and chill while driving an 18-wheeler across Europe.  It should be awful. It's not. Build a trucking empire. Customize your truck and driver. There's even level ups and skill trees, iirc.

Hellgate London came to Steam recently.

... ok that's it for one post. May come back later and add more as I think of them.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 03:50:30 PM »
Wow...can I buy the latest Walking Dead?  Only one I don't have.  It would be a crime if you can't buy the original any more.  Such a good game.

I keep meaning to play Hellblade.

Kasferatu

• Cookies: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 03:59:32 PM »
Slay the Spire,
Civ 6
Fallout New Vegas.  Not 3 or 4 ;)

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 04:00:56 PM »
I am the SUPER SET between you two.  :P

Lego

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 08:46:34 PM »
Ok. Bought the Borderlands Handsome collection since it's on sale. It recommended me Serious Sam. I remember having a blast with the first one on the original Xbox, so I picked it up for 9 bucks. After I paid for it, the First, Second, and Revolutions are in my game list. But they were all listed seperately on Steam. Interdasting.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 11:45:09 PM »
Gg on serious Sam! There are a few combinations out there. There were the originals from 2001 and 2002. If you got those it gives you another thing for free which is revelations. Essentially fans did more with the original engines.  Then the HD remasters.

Serious sam2 is the black sheep of the family from 2005.

Serious Sam 3 from 2011 looks more modern and grey initially but you still mow down utter hoards.

They released VR versions too .. but thatís no use for you.

And to confuse things there is Fusion. If you own the HD games or 3, this pops up. Itís one launcher so you can MP between all games. Even VR and flat users.

Also serious Sam got some other devs for side projects. Non FPS games. The side scroller 2d is my favourite. You can combine up to 6 weapons together for fun and varied carnage. Even 6 of the same weapon? You want to do a rocket jump with 6 rocket launchers? No problem,you want to melee with 6 chainsaws? Or just a mixture of some shotguns, machine guns?, flame thrower, lasers ,. You see what I mean?

And as someone said the Talos Principle. From the makers of Sam, a game where you have no gun!

Kasferatu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 07:33:54 AM »
I am the SUPER SET between you two.  :P

To be honest I enjoyed FO3 but after playing New Vegas just found it to be so much better.  With the exclusion perhaps of the early trap of going anywhere but south.

Lego

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 11:29:13 AM »
I heard New Vegas was bugged as all get out. True?

Kasferatu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 11:32:48 AM »
My experience was that it was no more buggy than any other Bethesda games. All of which are buggier than I would like.