Author Topic: Skyrim on computer  (Read 187 times)

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
Skyrim on computer
« on: February 13, 2019, 01:51:05 PM »
So I ordered my Dell with an Nvidia card. It can play Skyrim at 1080p at 30FPS. I'm currently playing it on the Switch. Will there be a big upgrade graphically going to the PC? I'm just excited to try it. I have no idea what mods, etc... to use. Before getting my switch I played it via PS3, so I've never had access to mods. So what kind of graphical jump can I expect?

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim on computer
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 06:18:18 PM »
I've never seen a Switch in action so I don't know how it looks/performs. My gut reaction, however, says that it's not going to be significantly better-looking on a PC without throwing lots of mods at it - and that is where you can absolutely murder your performance in a hurry, so be careful and add mods just 1 or 2 at a time until you can gauge their impact.

It will, however, look tons better than the PS3 version...

Basically, I'd suggest staying away  from too many "make it prettier" mods and instead focus on the mods to improve gameplay, especially if you've only ever experienced it vanilla, without all the glorious things to make it mechanically better.

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim on computer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 08:14:48 PM »
Ok yeah, thanks for that advice. The system just manages 30 FPS at normal in 1080p (I've already figured I'll do most of my gaming at 1366x768), so I don't have any room to play around with performance wise.