Author Topic: 5 years today  (Read 342 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
5 years today
« on: May 14, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »
Doesn't seem that long ago .. the anticipation, the booking of 3 days holiday. 

Then .. it was time for ERROR 37 and other friends.

So glad thats just a memory now.  After those first few days of experiencing the story slowly I'm glad our current game is much different and better.

sam_manzanza

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
Re: 5 years today
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 08:34:05 PM »
Funny you say it doesnt seem that long ago - I thought it seemed much longer! Probably just age and stage though, I went from a single 24 year old living in a dive flat at a shitty job, to a 29 year old home-owner in a long term relationship working at a job I actually like. Feels like a lifetime...

I remember realising RoS came out one day while I was at work and then looking over at my boss, claiming illness, going straight out to the nearest shop that was selling it and heading home for a 12 hour marathon.

I think in 5 years the game is much, much better overall, though I do miss the Auction House. Being able to trade items for gold and then buy something you needed with that gold gave a real sense of progression, rather than just relying on RNG to give you an ancient with the rolls you need.

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 10:14:49 PM »
I was a late starter both on D3 and RoS. It does feel like along time though - I have a 3-year old now that I didn't have when the game came out...

I think in 5 years the game is much, much better overall, though I do miss the Auction House. Being able to trade items for gold and then buy something you needed with that gold gave a real sense of progression, rather than just relying on RNG to give you an ancient with the rolls you need.

I'm glad they did away with the AH though. In game drops were so bad and upgrades were so cheap it was pointless playing the game when you knew where your next upgrade was most likely coming from...

I swear I only used to log on to flip items on the AH... bid on last minute bargains then put them back up with a tempting buyout price for a quick profit. Keep going for a few days then upgrade something. More like market trading than RPG...

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 11:37:46 PM »
We know whats his name left because the AH was turned off, some people partly used it as extra storage.  Having 10 tabs (with 4 seasons) is better than the 3 at launch.   My first ever leg was Beckonsail, I still have it.  I think it had some dext, some intel, and some strength as mods!

Also I can't imagine Sam as a functioning adult.  A property owner? Wow good stuff.  I still remember you talking about some of your experiences at the Big Day Out!

I think we need a good thread, not introductions, but where we are now, compared to where we used to be.

Reigns

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
  • Parsley Boy, mark 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:34:38 AM »
We know whats his name left because the AH was turned off, some people partly used it as extra storage.  Having 10 tabs (with 4 seasons) is better than the 3 at launch.   My first ever leg was Beckonsail, I still have it.  I think it had some dext, some intel, and some strength as mods!

Also I can't imagine Sam as a functioning adult.  A property owner? Wow good stuff.  I still remember you talking about some of your experiences at the Big Day Out!

I think we need a good thread, not introductions, but where we are now, compared to where we used to be.

Who's what's his name?  I need details in my gossip.
Reigns

SBNVL  = Snicker, But Not Very Loudly
(Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.)

GO STEELERS!!!  Let's Go Pens!!!