Author Topic: Season 16: The Season of Grandeur  (Read 792 times)

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Season 16: The Season of Grandeur
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2019, 10:38:50 AM »
And yes I'm trying your ideas.  I appreciate it. 

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2019, 04:19:54 PM »
One of the factors for d3 burnout

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2019, 11:19:22 AM »
So I finished a level 70 GR.  My reward....PARTHANS!  Not very useful for me and given that they have dex probably not useful for anyone else.

I also finshed the Unhallowed set and switched to a Multishot build.  Holy cow is it fun to just melt monsters a screen a half away.  But this build is way more squishy.  I cubed a unity and switched to the Enchantress who has a cannot die relic.  So now I am a little more tankier but things that can hit me from far still pose a danger.  Since the switch I have triggered the death passive around five time.  None before with the old build.

So do I want to play in a fun way or a careful way?  Right now I am leaning toward fun and I am looking for ideas for how to make my build tankier.

Oh...I am also Paragon level 450 or so.  Usually I have only been able to get there by 600 and I got there around 400.

edit -- I found the Set Dungeon for Unhallowed and that one doesn't look fun either.  I need to read up on the tricks for beating it.

hurtlocker

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »
The new marauders/Natalyas build has a ton of defense and can still kill at high levels. I don't have ancient gear
and did a GR 70 easily with literally no damage taken.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2019, 01:25:41 PM »
Fukking

Must have attended Trump University. :P

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2019, 02:53:58 PM »
Yeah the n6m4 is much more tankier.  But the play style is less fun.  I might go back to it, but multiple is fun.

My new motto is, 'If I see you die, you got too close.'

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2019, 04:03:06 PM »
See if you can find which are the easiest to hardest set dungeons. I remember the IK was very simple.  I got it on my 2nd ever attempt as I happened to go down a wrong path the first time.  Since you can rebirth more than one character, its quick to get another class to tick that box if you need.

Doing set dungeons was a big part of the non grind tasks I had left to do in D3

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2019, 10:38:40 PM »
So I finished a level 70 GR.  My reward....PARTHANS!  Not very useful for me and given that they have dex probably not useful for anyone else.

I also finshed the Unhallowed set and switched to a Multishot build.  Holy cow is it fun to just melt monsters a screen a half away.  But this build is way more squishy.  I cubed a unity and switched to the Enchantress who has a cannot die relic.  So now I am a little more tankier but things that can hit me from far still pose a danger.  Since the switch I have triggered the death passive around five time.  None before with the old build.

So do I want to play in a fun way or a careful way?  Right now I am leaning toward fun and I am looking for ideas for how to make my build tankier.

Oh...I am also Paragon level 450 or so.  Usually I have only been able to get there by 600 and I got there around 400.

edit -- I found the Set Dungeon for Unhallowed and that one doesn't look fun either.  I need to read up on the tricks for beating it.

There is a ring for the DH that cuts your damage in half every time you vault and a DH bracer - spirit guards - which significantly reduce damage every time you use a generator. With these buffs up, UE can be pretty tough. 

at this point, it's a good idea to check a guide or two just to make sure you've got everything working for you. UE is a ton of fun and can press decently high GRs, but it's primarily a T13 farmer. With all the defensive buffs working for you, you'll do it quickly and safely.

Of course it's HC, and you always have to be on guard...

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2019, 06:54:28 AM »
There is a ring for the DH that cuts your damage in half every time you vault and a DH bracer - spirit guards - which significantly reduce damage every time you use a generator. With these buffs up, UE can be pretty tough.

Cluck is right about the defense buffs, though I think the bracers are called 'Wraps of Clarity'.  Make sure you stay away from things too.  The set gives damage reduction for staying a certain distance away from things.  One other thing, to make yourself nearly invincible in rifts and bounties, get the boon of the hoarder gem, max it out at lvl 50, a goldwrap belt and the avarice band ring.  Your defense will explode and nothing can hurt you when you pick up gold.  It won't work in GRs though since gold doesn't drop in those. 

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2019, 02:23:44 PM »
I started tracking my primal drops, so I don't expect to find any from here on out. :D

If any of you fine people find rainbow goblins in game, please invite your good buddy Dave to join the game before you kill them. I needs those Cosmic Wings something terrible.

Melchior

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2019, 10:41:07 PM »
Been playing a fair bit of multiplayer, got lucky and found some random players that dragged me through higher GRs to get some gear. Just managed to solo a GR60 to unlock T13 MP.

Still using Nats set with Strafe (played all other sets on other seasons). Might try N6M4 when GRs get harder apparently that's the goods.

No notable finds unfortunately :(

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2019, 06:59:33 AM »
Started playing a LoN Energy Twister Wizard and did a GR70 yesterday.  It is very fun to play, but I can tell it is not nearly as strong as Tal's or DMO build.  I was looking at the hardcore leaderboard for wizards this season, and someone did a GR117, that's crazy!  The vast majority of players on the leaderboard are running a Tal's channeling build.

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2019, 07:41:41 AM »
also using LoN, on a crusader. using a mishmash of skills but primarily blessed hammer. getting close to changing to a class set.

haven't played a crusader in forever, was there a defensive buff boost for this class? i looked through the possible cube bonuses and did not see anything close to the barb's band of might, or the DH gear previously mentioned.

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2019, 08:20:14 AM »
Got a few hours in on the weekend and finally found my 1st consumable at paragon 700! Very unusual to have to wait so long. Found my second only minutes later, which was good because I use 2 weapons and both needed an extra stat.

Melch, always happy to play MP. Which server are you on? Do you play at any regular time?

mn4nu is correct, they are the wraps of clarity. Spirit guards are for a monk and serve the same purpose.

Not sure about Sader gear as I haven't played much Sader.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2019, 10:26:09 AM »
haven't played a crusader in forever, was there a defensive buff boost for this class? i looked through the possible cube bonuses and did not see anything close to the barb's band of might, or the DH gear previously mentioned.

The "Justice Lantern" rings provides damage reduction based on your block chance.  I don't know of any others though.  I haven't played a crusader very much either.