Author Topic: Season 16: The Season of Grandeur  (Read 1456 times)

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Season 16: The Season of Grandeur
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2019, 04:14:25 AM »
I'm just about over it now and looking at how I can complete this seasons journey.  For Barbarian the conquests look tough.  Getting 3 gems to 65 is no problem but really not sure which other one to do and how to go about it.

The conquests need for speed and curses are ones myself or anyone playing a DH could help you achieve. Different builds are good for different conquests, hit me up anytime if I'm online.

That would be appreciated.  What's your EU battletag?

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2019, 03:18:51 PM »
Battletag is CluckKent#1498. Send me a friend request and let me know when you're likely to be on. I've been playing on Americas lately but have a solid seasonal UE DH on Europe.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2019, 07:32:48 AM »
I was able to do a GR71 with my hardcore witch doctor.  I still don't have a scared harvester weapon, so I just loaded up on damage reduction from other sources and made it through with no problem.  My reward was a primal Flesh Tearer, which was totally useless.  At least I got 15 forgotten souls for it.

I'm not sure what I want to do now.  I have no incentive to keep going with the season journey since I have the maximum amount of stash tabs already.  I may just gear up for doing speed runs or goblin hunting.  Once that gets boring I could just push GRs until I die.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2019, 09:49:58 AM »
Or retire and open a nice pub in the Skovos Isles.  I hear that those Amazon women are something else.

I was a bit risky this weekend and pushed my DH to finish chapter four.  I had two near deaths.  One in some sandy pit in the Desolate Sands, the other in some narrow hallway.  Both involved being frozen and those stupid laser beams.  Thankfully I survived and I now have the full Nat set.  The damage output is just stupid right now.  I will speed kill all the bosses while I can easily pwn their sorry ass.  I have two pieces of the Marauder set and I am working on the third.  So I need ingredients to change one set item into another.  I also need to level up my gems, I am woefully behind on that.

Next target is 70 so I can get my Primal Pig Sticker or whatever crap drop that will be.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »
Or retire and open a nice pub in the Skovos Isles.  I hear that those Amazon women are something else.
LOL!

Next target is 70 so I can get my Primal Pig Sticker or whatever crap drop that will be.
Maybe you'll be lucky and get a primal follower token. :P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:19:23 AM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2019, 10:22:29 AM »
Maybe you'll be lucky and get a primal follower token. :P

Please tell me that has not happened.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2019, 10:40:11 AM »
Oh, it's happened.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2019, 10:43:17 AM »
I have a new low to aspire to.  :P

Kasferatu

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2019, 02:07:06 PM »
Battletag is CluckKent#1498. Send me a friend request and let me know when you're likely to be on. I've been playing on Americas lately but have a solid seasonal UE DH on Europe.

Friend request sent.  I usually try to get online for a couple of hours around 8pm UK time but that is very much dependent on the kids going to bed sensibly :D

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2019, 11:12:49 AM »
got my GR70 gift primal, a harrington waistguard. have maybe 15 10 (overestimated) non-seasonal primal items, and naturally this was already one of them.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 11:21:21 AM by syn »

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2019, 01:01:47 PM »
Harrington Waistguard used to be good about 6 yrs ago.  Kinda like Echoing Fury and Mempo of Twilight.

Kasferatu

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2019, 01:30:17 PM »
Many thanks to Cluck for helping me out yesterday. We managed to complete 2 conquests due to very friendly rift maps. Now I just have to complete the other simpler stuff for my seasonal journey.

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2019, 01:55:32 PM »
Harrington Waistguard used to be good about 6 yrs ago.  Kinda like Echoing Fury and Mempo of Twilight.

yeah. essentially useless for GR. extraneous for everything else given power creep. yahoo!!!

Orbert

• Cookies: 151
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »
Mrs. Orbert wanted to do something I'd mentioned a while back, which is start two characters who always and only play together.  A permanent team.  This was a few weeks ago, and I told her that it kinda made sense to wait and do it when the new Season drops.  It did, and we have.  She wanted to do the Campaign, though, which is boring me to pieces.  But... it's "together" time for me and the missus, and is given its proper respect.  We're still in Act I collecting pieces of a broken sword that some guy dropped when he fell out of the sky or something.

Okay seriously, it's not that bad.  Kinda cool, actually, because we always level within a minute or so of each other.  The only time we don't is if one of us dies and the other gets a little bit ahead on xp, but I think the game "rebalances the load" or something, giving the lower-level person a slightly bigger slice of xp, because eventually we ended up in sync again.  It's an interesting dynamic.

Meanwhile, not wanting to mess up my Season Journey on Americas, I've started a DH on Europe.  Orbert#1313 if someone wants to meet up.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2019, 04:41:00 PM »
This is a slight spoiler...but I think that swords belongs to an angel.