Author Topic: PS4 Games  (Read 993 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 Games
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 05:37:36 PM »
That's what turned me off of Dragon Age Inquisition. Play is balanced and fun, and then you finish Val Rouyeax, and there's a pretty much unwinnable fight against a Demon who immediately wipes your entire party. Tried it 20ish times, ragequit, and have never been back.

"unwinnable"

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

:P

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 05:38:23 PM »
Nobody ever beat it and everyone is lying about it.

I'm convinced.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 09:49:41 PM »
I'll have you know that DA:I has a special spot on the shelf for being one of like... 50 games I've ever played to completion. Out of more than 2600 owned.

LOL

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 10:19:20 AM »
Finished the main game in Horizon: Zero Dawn.  Now that is how you do an epic story.  Holy crap that was great.  Interesting story and they way they built it up was fantastic.  The game as a whole is also awesome, but not flawless.  I was not a huge fan of the economy and toward the end that fighter went from stealth to all out brawling.  Thank god I took the time to find a special armor.  The might have been tedious without it.  As a whole the game is one of the best games I have ever played.  If you enjoy a game with a great story and great action I would highly recommend this one.  It is a pity it is not available outside of the PS4.

I am now working on the DLC for the game and it seems to really adding to the world so far.

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 12:43:47 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it.  I was pleasantly surprised how good the story was, both emotionally as well as being a relatively unique sci-fi setting (was my 2017 GOTY).  The DLC is pretty solid too.  NoClip did a bunch of great documentaries about the making of HZD, and a lot of things make sense with how the game turned out.  Guerrilla Games allowed anyone in the company to pitch new ideas for their next game, and having picked a sci-fi setting they hired John Gonzalez to write it, who was the lead writer on Fallout: New Vegas.  They then had to spend 4 years updating their Decima engine to make it possible to make, but I'd say it was definitely worth it, given that it won the GDC award for Best Technology and that most of Sony's exclusives have been developing with or slightly modifying the engine for the last few years.  It's a very pretty game.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 11:44:06 AM »
Finished H:ZD Frozen Wilds DLC.  Only thing I have left in this game are some achievements and side quests missions.  Not even a ton of those either.

I don't often finish a DLC as generally, by the time I get to the DLC I am burnt out.  Says something about the game that I completed both.  If anyone cares I would recommend finishing the Frozen Wild DLC before completing the main game.  I think that order makes more sense.

I absolutely recommend playing this game.

Now I am either going to play Uncharted 4 or Spider Man.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2019, 10:10:08 AM »
I about about 50% done with Spiderman.  Good enough that I bought the DLC which was half off.

Not the perfect game that some proclaim.  It is still a ton of fun and they did Manhattan right.  You really get the feeling that the city is alive and vibrant and the map is amazing.  I love all the graffiti that they put into this game.  The game itself is the standard 'open world' experience that was established by Far Cry 3.  Unlock areas.  Get side missions.  Pursue the main quest at your leisure.  So of the side quests and action points work well.  Some are tedious as hell.  The beginning of the game it is tough to take on the 'enemy bases'.  By the time you hit about 40% you have enough skill points that, while they aren't easy, become mostly doable in a straight forward fashion.

I do find the game to be a bit too much button mashing but they do ramp it up in a way that I found I knew most of the button combinations to do well.  Button mashing game play is probably one of my least favorite things about consoles. 

Story and character development is pretty good, but a tad predictable.  Still the game has some notable high lights, especially the interactions with Mary Jane.

Overall I would highly recommend this game.  They really do a good job of making you feel that you are spiderman swing through the city and webbing up your enemies.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2019, 05:06:53 PM »
Right now I am playing Detroit: Becoming Human.  Honestly I enjoy this style of game that is very story-centric.  Though I am also finding it to be very hard.  The quick time events are pretty unforgiving.

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2019, 01:55:17 AM »
I thought about starting Detroit, since it was free on PS+, but QTE games have never been that fun to me, though I am very interested in the premise and story.

Bought the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle when it was on sale. Not something I'd play that often now that I've run through each game, but it was fun for the price.  As arcade games, you can definitely tell the point at which they made the games completely unfair just to make you insert more quarters, and the formula was pretty much the same in all of them. Knights of the Round is one of my favorites, although sadly it seems that the SNES port was actually superior to this arcade version.

Due to a water leak underground out by the street outside my house, our fiber line was dead for 10+ days, so I had no internet/phone/cable and had to entertain myself in other ways.  Went back to Monster Hunter World to grind for the miniature/giant crowns for finding the smallest/largest monsters, and to possibly get set up for the Iceborne expansion in September.  Took quite a while, about another 120 hours of play over 3 weeks or so, to get one of the trophies, and now need the final 3 giant crowns for the other.  I'm actually surprised there are 1.4% of players that have these achievements considering the grind and luck required.  I've heard they plan on redoing all of the Festivals they've run since launch leading up to Iceborne so most of the exclusive armor sets can be earned again, which is nice, because I wasn't playing at launch and stopped playing for 10 months or so and missed a lot.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 12:26:20 PM »
You could always do Detroit on the Story mode.  I imagine that the QTE wouldn't be so annoying in that case.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2019, 11:40:31 AM »
So my first play through of Detroit I screwed up one of the lines.  So I played it again and I have to say I was disappointed with one of the twists in that line.  That said I completed the play through gunning for a different result which I got.  At this point I think I am done with the game.