Author Topic: PS4 Games  (Read 297 times)

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 Games
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 01:42:22 PM »
What was botched? The port seemed fine to me? Genuinely curious...

Apparently a lot of people suffered framerate problems.  Probably not an issue on your 1080 ;)  Looks like a community patch has fixed it since though so my previous advice here can be disregarded.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 08:49:29 AM »
Well I have the PS4.  Early xMass present.  Price was good this week.

Starting up the Spiderman game.  Need to get gud at the button mashing again.

Does Ps1 plus give me access to the games that they put up previously?  Or just from here out?  I assume the second but never hurts to check.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 11:11:11 AM »
With PS+ you have to claim it during the month that it's offered free, but then you have it as long as you are a subscriber.  They change them on the first Tuesday of every month, so make sure you go to the Store and "purchase" them (it won't download them unless you tell it to).  Same goes for the PS3 and Vita, although the PS3 will try to download the games immediately so you have to stop it if you don't want them right away.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 09:40:38 AM »
I should go take a look at what is available on the PS3.  I didn't even think of that.

Is it possible to get rid of stuff from the 'desktop' that you don't use?  Like Vue?  I would like to get rid of the clutter if I can.  I doubt it is possible.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 09:41:19 AM »
Well I have been playing Soma.  A lot to love about the game and a lot to hate.  I am stuck on a hate moment right now.  So stupid that they make you race a monster you can't kill in an environment where you get stuck on corners.

I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn and it is pretty awesome so far.  Just finished the proving and I have hit level 16 or so.  Very pretty game.

Darkness

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 08:00:25 AM »
Got Gundam Breaker 3 - Break Edition for my PS4. Hopefully get to play it tonight and see how it compared to Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, which was one of my PS3 favs and still is, as I'm still playing it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 10:45:04 AM »
Never heard of the game.  Mech warrior battles it seems.  In Japanese with English Subtitles?  I think that would drive me nuts.

Darkness

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 04:59:26 AM »
Gundam Breaker 3 is really good that it was suddenly 1am and I realised I needed to go to bed. Great combat system, fast and yet very involved. Sooooo many customisation options and things to unlock. This is going to have me absorbed for a while.

It is indeed Japanese with English subtitles. So best avoided if that sort of thing bothers you.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 09:51:12 AM »
So progressing nicely in H:ZD (Horizon Zero Dawn).

Game is pretty epic.  At times I miss my mouse but overall I am holding my own.  I have already put 20 to 30 hours in and I feel like I have just scratched the surface of the game.

All that said it does have flaws.  Economy doesn't really make sense and I have no idea what I should hold onto.  Right now I am holding onto everything that might have use beyond selling for coin.  But the problem is that probably is not the right long term strategy.  Also some quests say level 8 but the end boss of the area is so much tougher than just that.

Aside from that, and not know which skills I want, the game is rock solid.

Also playing a bit of D3 from time to time.

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 10:43:18 AM »
HZD has one of the coolest stories, and I thoroughly enjoyed the slow drip of info as I went along.

As far as what to keep, the items have their uses listed on them, so many of them will only have "sell for shards" or whatever.  Most of the lenses, hearts and skins are for upgrading your inventory capacity, with only a few having any quest uses, but if you upgrade your inventory you should have enough space to hold 1 of almost everything (although you may need to sell down to only 2-3 slots each for the consumables or ammo crafting stuff).  Take some time to hunt animals for their bones and skins too, since many of those are needed too for upgrading and not every animal is in every area.  By the mid/end-game I was completely out of modification slots though and constantly had to sort through them to discard useless ones.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 11:59:59 AM »
That is what I figured.  I have fully upgraded some of my inventory items.  I imagine that once I get them all upgrade I no longer need to hunt for animals.  I am hanging onto all the lens as an example because you need them to buy some items.  I think that at some point they will become useless to hang onto as they will not be needed to items any longer.