Author Topic: Drozz came back....  (Read 570 times)

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Drozz came back....
« on: November 05, 2018, 01:48:01 PM »
Holy spit! This thing is still going on? And alot of the people from 15 years ago are still here!!! Wild!

Just checking in. Some heat arose from some of my old D2 buddies when I tagged them in a fb post about being excited for Diablo Immortal. Apparently that is taboo and no one is allowed to be excited about Diablo on mobile.

Ok, so since I left you guys all those years ago, I don't do PC gaming anymore. When I left all those years ago, it was to focus on my writing. Well, that never panned out, so I started playing games on my phone. It's easier, and I can still chat with my wife and kids, instead of being on the computer and ignoring everyone. That won't fly in my house.

So, I'm checking in, and yes, I'm excited for a Diablo game on mobile. Let the chairs fly!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:20:06 PM by Drozz »

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Drozz came back....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »
Hey Drozz...good of you to swing by.

I'm glad you are happy for the mobile game.  Always knew you were nuts.  ;)

Honestly I don't think it is awful that Diablo is coming out on mobile.  I do think Blizzard is on crack thinking that their core base would be happy about it.  They were obviously freebasing heroin thinking that they could tell us that there was exciting Diablo reveals coming during BlizzCon and then tells us it was all about Mobile Diablo.

Honestly, if they hadn't said anything, and then reveled the mobile game, it still would have gotten panned but there wouldn't be this mass of hatred spewing at them.

D2: Lod and Diablo 1 were the best Diablo games.  Then D3 came out and is a pretty fun game.  But it is a dumb down version of the game, as compared to D2.  A lot of those changes that were for the worse, seemed to have been done to support consoles.  And now they are coming out with an even 'lighter' version of Diablo.  It is no wonder that core Diablo players blew their stack with the news.

How Blizzard didn't see this coming is shocking.

syn

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 03:04:21 PM »
*waves*

*grumbles about phones, throws a chair*
"There is a scene in Star Wars where the heroes are in a trash compactor on the Death Star with the walls closing in. I'm reminded of that this morning, except for perhaps the stuff about the heroes."
Dan Rather 9/14/18

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 04:02:35 PM »
Good to see you again Drozz!  I get that some people move on from gaming on actual computers you can't use while sitting on the toilet, or while your wife drives the car, but I can play mobile games and still ignore everyone if I'm not careful, or get those around me annoyed.  It depends when you chose to be game on your phone.  Are you able to pause or stop gaming at a moment?  I have some games that must be Multiplayer and if you leave you instantly lose some in game currency.

Lots of unknowns in Diablo on mobile.  I'm guessing if you just shut down the app, they will have a countdown, so monsters will keep attacking you for 10 seconds, or its a get out of jail free card.  That means coming back could mean death for the character.

What is your phone of choice Drozz?  For now I have no hype, I've signed up to have a look at it, but reserve the right to delete it and never come back.  Mobile games are normally play once and delete, or play for a long time.   Its almost a forgone conclusion there will be some annoying micro transactions in there, and the path of not using them will be painful

I think this topic should probably be in the lounge .. very controversial.

Lego

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 05:15:47 PM »
I always knew there was something off about you  :o

Welcome back!

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »
Man, this thing with answering trivia questions every time I want to post something. I don't know some of these games. Good thing for google.

It's great seeing these responses. Seeing the user names again just makes me smile.

I have a Samsung 8 phone. I have been heavily addicted to Summoners War for three years. It's like Hearthstone/Pokemon. It is p2p p2w if you want to be a top player. I have been f2p from the start and still get a lot out of it. It is very f2p friendly, as long as you don't want to be the top player. That never mattered to me. If Diablo Immortal offers a similar f2p treatment, then I'm sure I'll get into it.

Lego

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »
The controls are what worries me. Movement and firing have been awkward at best in the mobile games I have tried. I can't imagine trying to look past my thumbs and trying to figure out movement would be a pleasant experience.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 06:34:32 PM »
Man, this thing with answering trivia questions every time I want to post something. I don't know some of these games. Good thing for google.

You only have to do that for the first... couple... posts. We had a bot problem... This was the solution.

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 07:53:28 PM »
Got it. Thanks for the explanation, Pixie.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 08:11:58 PM »
Got it. Thanks for the explanation, Pixie.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 08:13:48 AM »
Hey Drozz, welcome back!  Big question...Are you still a Bears fan?  :P

Orbert

• Cookies: 151
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 08:16:22 AM »
Hi, Drozz!

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 12:20:29 PM »
Hey Drozz, welcome back!  Big question...Are you still a Bears fan?  :P

Always and forever! And really excited about this team this season.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 12:22:18 PM »
I would make fun of you for that except I'm a Jets fan.

Drozz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 06:36:33 PM »
That's better than being a Raiders fan this year. I know the Bears benefitted greatly, but sheesh!