Author Topic: D3 on PS4  (Read 349 times)

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
D3 on PS4
« on: December 10, 2018, 09:52:59 AM »
So I got this.  Mainly for the coach coop.  For the record...coach coop is fun in D3.

I always new that D3 was design for the console and holy cow is that right.  The game plays better on the Ps4.  Graphics are meant for the big TV.  Coop, at least couch coop, smooth as butter.

It was obvious that the skill system was designed for console and that also works well.  Inventory system is so much better. 

WTF.  IMO it really is night and day.

hurtlocker

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
Re: D3 on PS4
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 12:27:22 PM »
As opposed to a six inch phone screen??  :)

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 01:39:56 PM »

vs PC.

Lego

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 03:34:32 PM »
I've always said this and people said I was crazy. It's just flat out better on a console, agreed.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
So it looks nice, plays nice, but the underlying game is do a tonne of damage, and the next patch will add an extra 0.  This means with patches/gear creep you can then do a few higher paragons and Greater rift levels than before.

I was trying to find things to keep my interest up, cubing all the uniques, getting achievements but I've got myself maxed on game_burnout 1 at the moment.

I have been watching a LOT more people running Diablo2 though on Youtube ..

Orbert

• Cookies: 151
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 01:03:50 PM »
I tried to play some PlayStation with my son once, years ago.  I couldn't do it.  There are buttons on top, on the side, on the front, on the back, on the bottom, and possibly others I never found.  Obviously they each do something different, but presumably similar to what the same button does in other, similar games.  The last time I played a console game was original Sonic on Sega Genesis.  In other words, I had no fucking idea what I was doing, so the fact that the buttons do certain "logical" things was lost on me.  Everything was lost on me.  I had not grown up with consoles as they went from one button and a joystick to a joystick in each hand plus 115 buttons, so to say that it was overwhelming is an understatement.

I forgot what my point was.  I think it was something about being better at what you're used to.  When I play D3 on the PC, I have no problem with a mouse in one hand and my other on the keyboard doing all the "other hand" things you need to do, but Mrs. Orbert is blown away by even that.  She's fine with the mouse, but if you have to hit those 1-2-3-4 keys too much, forget it (yes, this does severely limit the builds she can play effectively).

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »
You should have added a 'And Get off my Lawn!' at the end of your post.  :P  Honestly I get what you mean about having to get used to a different play style.  My point is more that even though the game works on the PC it was primarily designed for the console.  I am slowly getting used to all those buttons. 

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 02:18:59 PM »
My point is more that even though the game works on the PC it was primarily designed for the console.

*gets off your lawn*, however that comment above has been salt in the wound since May 2012. Imagine how a Blizzard North Diablo3 might have been where there might have been monsters with immunities.  No more get higher DPS and take them out.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 04:38:56 PM »
Imagine how a Diablo 3 could have been with the ability to use more than 4 skills at a time!

/sigh

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 04:39:31 PM »
That said: if you buy it on PS4, can you still use your same Blizzard account or do you have to start all over?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »
Start over.  I don't see a way to hook into my Blizzard account.  I might be missing something.  Honestly, that doesn't bother me.  Kind of fun seeing achievements that I long ago got.   

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 07:07:59 AM »
Enjoy!  I just can't get into console gaming.  It would take me awhile to get used to the controller, sorta like what Orbert was talking about.  Lots of people say D3 is better on console, and I have no reason to dispute that.  That said, I am just burned out on the game in general and probably won't play it again unless they add some new stuff.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 10:04:29 AM »
So I got my necro to finish chapter 4 in the current, almost over, season.

With that much playing time I am going with my first assessment that the game plays better on the PS4 than the PC.  That said there are things that work better on PC and the most important one is the aiming of certain skills.  With a controller you can only vaguely aim certain skill the game's AI then tries to match that with a target.  Easily the most annoying thing about PS4 version of the game.  Most of the inventory management works better on the PS4 but not all of it.  Not a fan of selling items, and there a couple of other examples.  Visually it is no contest.  The game was made to be on a big TV.

At this point I am going to try to play a HC Monk and see if I can get it to kick ass.