Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 5131 times)

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2019, 01:42:07 PM »
I finished normal with Zero.  I'll finish TVHM with him and then decide what to do next.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2019, 03:29:59 PM »
Just realized you got to 80!  (duh).  Nicely done.

Another end game thing to do is to do the Raid bosses.  I find that to be a bit of a pain in the ass.  Some of them drop shard that you can use at special shops.

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2019, 07:29:04 AM »
I find that to be a bit of a pain in the ass.  Some of them drop shard that you can use at special shops.

This!
I've only soloed two raid bosses so far. The Son of Krawmarax (crab thing) and Hyperius the Invincible, which was actually just a cheese tactic using Zer0's bore ability.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2019, 09:36:36 AM »
Son of Krawmarax was tough but doable for me.  But no shards from that monster.  It was also very annoying as it took a minimum of five minutes to kill it  A couple of times I got knocked out of the area which was an instant death and having to start all over.  That was annoying a F*.  Not sure he counts as a Raid boss but man was annoying.

Killing the Leviathan at the end of Pirate DLC was also a complete pain in the ass.  I found a cheese spot for this one.  No shards here either.  I don't think this one counts as a raid boss either.

Terramorphous was a complete waste of time.  Again I had to use a cheese spot.  Not fun.

Pete wasn't too bad.  Stupid damage over time and very necessary to keep spider ants around.

That is all that I have done. Mostly it is just annoying as F*.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2019, 04:05:44 PM »
I'm at the Wildlife Preserve in TVHM with Zero at lvl 44.  I am enjoying playing Zero more than Gaige.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2019, 07:06:36 PM »
Gaige is a fun personality but the skill is too gimmicky for me.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 19, 2019, 08:07:29 AM »
I started playing Axton last week. I started with the level 30 boosted character, but have taken him up to level 41 so far. I am about to go save Bloodwing in the Wildlife Preservation area, so I'm progressing nicely. I finally reached the capstone skill to get an extra gun on my turret and add slag to it, so that's a huge help. The lack of crowd control that Maya had is tough, but having the turret to draw aggro is pretty nice.

I haven't had great luck with drops yet - I was able to farm a Veruc and Lyuda pretty quickly, and I'm still using a level 31 DPUH that I got as a world drop when I first started this guy. I'll need some upgrades soon. Maybe the loot midgets in the Doctor's Orders quest can play nice and give me some good stuff.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 19, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »
I killed the Bunker with only a couple of shots from my DPUH. Bore just wrecks the Bunker. Hopefully I will finish TVHM with Zero sometime this weekend. I'll be gone most of the week taking our oldest out to college for the first time!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 19, 2019, 05:20:59 PM »
Bore is ridiculous against Bunker.  I basically 1 shot Bunker with Zero.  The first shot basically health gate bunker and he was left with a sliver of health.  The second shot brought it down.

Maya plays very differently than either Axton or Zero, which are my other two mains.  She drives me nuts against bosses but her crowd control is second to none in BL2.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 19, 2019, 05:43:45 PM »
you guys are the 1% .. some of those things i had a lot of deaths and struggled to kill them :P

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2019, 06:32:27 PM »
Tim, I die plenty of times in this game.  Sometimes it's ridiculous how hard some areas are.  I'll take any easy way out I can get!  :P

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2019, 07:01:20 PM »
Alt F4 kills all on screen

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2019, 07:13:56 PM »
I finished TVHM and am now in UVHM at lvl 53.  Things are definitely tougher.  It is annoying having to slag everything to kill it.  Luckily I have a Slagga, so that helps tremendously.  I was also able to get a lvl 50 DPUH and a lvl 53 pimpernell, which should be relevant for awhile.  I really want to get Zero to 80, play all the DLCs, and farm some bosses.

I have to admit the game is growing on me and I enjoy it much more than I did when I first started playing it.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2019, 07:54:19 PM »
in BL1 remastered I got my Brick to do a bit more, he is level 10, got the cars going but still a noob.  Really enjoyed running up to 9 toes, punching him and one of the dogs to death as well as most of the second one.  I need someone to do some MP achievements with soon.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2019, 09:34:07 AM »
I've taken Axton into UVHM. I'm getting killed a lot, but I am slowly progressing. I'm on my way to fight Flynt, and then get to Sanctuary. I could really use a legendary COM right now, as mine sucks. I'm thinking I might jump back into TVHM to grab a level 50 Pimpernel and Sand Hawk. I don't want to level up too much though and lose the effectiveness on those guns before getting further into UVHM.