Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 5148 times)

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2019, 11:06:50 AM »
I finally got through the Attack on Dragon Keep DLC. Excellent, and really makes you feel for Tina. I was working on some of the side quests after, and came across a Tubby skeleton, who dropped a legendary Ninja COM, and a non-elemental Infinity pistol. The Infinity actually does pretty good once the event is slagged. I might keep it for low level enemies.

I also farmed up a new Toothpick and Bee shield, and the combination makes quick work of everything that isn't fire resistant.

My Maya is now level 67, and moving onto the Torgue DLC! I might reset my playthrough to run through the Commander Lilith DLC again, mainly for the Loot midget farm during Moxxi's mission about Scooter. I gotta get those legendary class mods!

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »
I piled up the Coms doing Dust runs.

Good progress there.  Maya at level 67 starts owning mobs.

Torgue DLC is pretty good, in a fun way.   The final boss is ridiculous.  There are also a couple good mini bosses.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2019, 11:44:45 AM »
So, I got stuck running Haderax for a while yesterday. There's a trick with Maya and her Recompense skill that allows Haderax to kill himself instantly when he enters the area. I pulled a bunch of legendaries from him - multiple Volcanoes and Nukems, a Conference Call, Hammer Buster, Lyuda, Flakker, Slagga, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

I decided to push through the main story a bit, to get some levels in. I really want to hit 80 before BL3 gets released, and possibly start another character but we'll see!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2019, 09:25:22 AM »
I heard about that trick for Maya to kill him.  Pretty amusing.

When I finished the new DLC with Maya I was about level 75.  I got to 80 by pounding on Uranus.  Or was it your mom's?  HUR!

It actually did not take to long that way, so long as you trip the right respawn point.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
I got up to level 71.5 yesterday. I ran Gettle and Monkey for a while in hopes for an on-level Lyuda but didn't have any luck. I did get a tubby spiderant in the area past those guys though - it dropped a legendary Nurse mod, which seems useless on a solo Maya. A Cat or Siren would've been much more useful for me.

I'm hoping to get a few hours of play in tonight. I'm thinking I might try the Mighty Morphin' quest, killing Badass Varkids over and over to boost some levels. It's fun getting so close to 80!

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2019, 06:22:14 PM »
Finished TVHM with Gaige.  She's lvl 51 and started UVHM.  I did a couple quests, but it was hard, so I decided to go back to playing Zero.  Currently lvl 20 with him.  It's kind of weird playing without a minion, but I like Zero so far.  I'm going to go the sniper route with him.  I can't imagine playing melee in this game.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
  I can't imagine playing melee in this game.

This is why you need to play Borderlands 1 and play BRICK!! Who is my favourite playable character by far.  His action skill is ONLY melee, put away the oversized rocketlaunchers that fire at the rate of machine guns.  Put down the shotgun that is an anti-air cannon.  Just run up and break their face in too while he screams (it doesn't get annoying or old).  Its how I got past the harder areas and always felt a bit sad when it wore off and had to go back to "only guns" instead.

Here is what it can be like https://youtu.be/8z1kJihBMSI?t=75 I haven't watched the video much but it can give you an idea.  You don't need to hide in cover

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2019, 10:47:50 AM »
Zero has a skill that allows you to chain melee attacks.  Each melee attack extends Deception.  It can be pretty powerful.

I find Gaige to be very tough in UVHM.  Anarchy is fun but not that reliable.

@Ray...have you hit 80 yet?

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2019, 03:49:48 PM »
I hit 75 last night. Haven't had a lot of time to play this week. Damn kids, and starting a new job!

I'm hoping to get there by Sunday night, but we'll see! I'm not sure what's the best exp farm. I tried mutating Varkids in the caustic cavern, but could only ever get one or two to mutate. I was having decent luck in the Arid Nexus Badlands (or whichever one is the old Fyrestone). I'm getting 2 or 3 rabid skags, and the occasional tubby spawn in a quick run.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 09, 2019, 08:27:06 AM »
I got to 76 last night. I went legendary farming at Haderax for a bit, and on my 2nd kill I ended up getting a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold!! To make it better, it had the matching Torgue grip! Wooo!

I decided to restart my playthrough, and am running through the Commander Lilith DLC again. I'm going to go get a new Sandhawk and Pimpernel soon, too

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2019, 10:28:53 AM »
Nice find with that Harold.  Never did get one as nice as that.

I didn't like running Arid Nexus because of the Rabid Skags.  I could generally survive them but they are such a pain in the ass.  Dust is my favorite for trying for Tubbies.  I also have not had much luck farming varkids.  I too had trouble getting them to mutate.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2019, 07:48:28 AM »
I did it! I hit level 80 last night! Maya has been a blast to play - Phase Lock is a great skill with all sorts of utility. Playing another character is going to be weird when I can't just pick up an enemy and lock them in place for a few seconds. I didn't have any of good drops getting to the end. I finished my playthrough with a lightning Lyuda, a DPUH, a Baby Maker, and a Grog Nozzle.

I'm stuck deciding between Sal and Axton as my next character. I know Sal just destroys everything in his way, but Axton was the first character I played and got to level 21 or so with him. Maybe I'll get both to 50 and just decide from there!

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2019, 08:34:55 AM »
Congrats on getting to 80 Ray!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2019, 04:21:20 PM »
Do any of you do the "overpower" stuff after 80? I'm not quite sure how it works.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2019, 10:14:54 PM »
My Maya is OP3.  I decided not to pursue more than that.  I believe it now goes to OP 10.

You get an overpowered level every time you beat Digistruct Peak.  Each time you do it the monsters get stronger, more HP.  To compensate weapons get stronger.  So it is an upward spiral of monsters vs weapons.

When you start the game you can set the OP level for that session.