Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 4371 times)

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2019, 11:56:55 AM »
That will help a ton!  With those two items you will be able to take him.  Also look into maximizing Accelerate.  Not a skill to normally maximize but if the Harold is your main weapon it will help a ton.

Sal with Grog is more than a bit broken IMO but that is one of the main ways to kill end bosses and Raid bosses.  Zero is much less broken, but he is crazy powerful when hit boxes overlap.  I wasn't aware that that was the case with Harold.  But with Zero I can basically one shot Bunker, as an example.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2019, 10:21:57 AM »
I'm level 23 now and still getting used to things. Frankly, I feel a bit overwhelmed by the game. I just feel like there is so much in this game I will never come close to completing. Also, I seem to be spending a lot of time finding things in these quests and making my way across the map to get to objectives, etc. Sometimes it's takes awhile just to get to the right spot on a map to do a quest. I just don't see myself doing another playthrough or two unless I change how I approach the game (stop trying to complete everything).  It is definitely fun, but I see myself getting burned out on it. 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2019, 11:51:10 AM »
Probably my biggest complaint of the game is having to repeatedly going back over the same area.  I am hoping that is improved in BL3.  You do learn that there is a better order in which to do the quests and that helps.  On the positive side there is a lot of content.

syn

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2019, 06:09:05 PM »
i stuck mostly to story missions for normal and entirely so with tvhm. currently goofing off doing side stuff in uvhm, which i think has definitely helped keep it fresh. have been working through the tiny tina dlc but stuck at the demonic wizard atm. will probably have to scrounge some better gear before trying again.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2019, 10:00:03 AM »
I generally don't do side missions until I have to for gaining levels.  That said the first time through I did everything. 

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2019, 03:11:20 PM »
I finally finished off the Commander Lilith DLC. The fight with Hector was such a pain, I ended up cheesing him from a roof outside his arena.

I decided to run the Gingerton Snowman for a bit, but didn't get anything great other than a Nukem. I was trying to kill him with a Harold and Infection Cleaner, but wasn't having much luck. I swapped over to a Toothpick and Mouthwash combo plus a bee shield and it absolutely wrecks the snowman. Each burst takes about 1/6 of his life away.

I don't know if I want to go for Tiny Tina's DLC next, or the Scarlett DLC. I haven't played through either of them yet.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2019, 04:35:04 PM »
Tina is rated 15/10. Pirate was fine but not exactly memorable a few years later. Do play all at least once

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Today at 06:00:37 AM »
Zero can one shot him with his Bore skill.

Assuming you have a Lyuda or a Pimpernel.